The Apology by [email protected]
Recently there was an apology issued from the SSA and the SSF and Editor for a so called offensive interpretation of the depiction of a historical portrayal of a young lady and a glider pilot on a previous edition of Soaring magazine. After reading the complaints from the women associated with the...
by Kimmine and Mitch Hudson Go to last post
132 322 Soaring
Js3 jet catastrophic failure. by Charlie Quebec
In the last east issue of Gliding Australia there is an incident report shown below. During the course of a cross country flight, the pilot elected to start the jet sustainer to self retrieve. The engine started normally, and the pilot tracked for the home airflield The engine failed...
119 2,439 Soaring
Version 8 by Andrzej Kobus
How much flying have guys done with version 8? Any issues, is it safe to upgrade? Most of the time LXNav releases are of good quality, but I do remember one that gave me problems. There are some great features in this version, I just don't want to get surprised with problems in the early spring.
Attention Glasflugel Libelle Pilots by Nathan Lemmon
If you're trying to restore your Libelle to original configuration, you might need a SOLLFAHRTGEBER. I have one that is available for sale. If you are interested, email me and I'll send you some photos.
Truck vs Car as a tow vehicle by Chris Behm
I am wondering how often a truck for towing a glider trailer might be an advantage? I have yet to buy my first glider, but of course and thinking that the next vehicle I purchase should be a good one to tow with (Incidentally, thinking of the GMC/Chevy Canyon/Colorado, with the 2.8L inline 4...
Yesterday 06:42 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
5 58 Soaring
FOR SALE - USED - LX9000 and V8 System by Paul Remde
Hi, I'm helping a customer sell his used LX9000 system. He has upgraded to an LX9070. - Details and Photo: https://www.facebook.com/CumulusSoaring/posts/3405822142831724 - Date of original sale of LX9000 main unit: Oct. 2015 - Date of sale of V8, sometime after October 2015 (not the V8 sold...
Yesterday 02:49 PM
by Paul Remde Go to last post
1 71 Soaring
An opportunity for people from our demographic to contribute by son_of_flubber
Here is a way to do something about the impact of Covid-19 on Soaring. COVID-19 Prevention Network (CoVPN) Volunteer Screening Registry is the way to connect volunteers to practical studies related Covid-19. For example, volunteers, especially older volunteers are sorely needed for Phase III...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 04:19 AM
by danlj Go to last post