Season Passes available from Soaring NV in Minden by [email protected]
https://soaringnv.com/ You can pay for tows on a per-tow basis, which will be billed on a per-minute basis, or you can purchase a VIP Season Tow Pass. Here are the details for both options: Paying on a Per-Tow Basis • Glider pilots are responsible for having their glider at the staging area, and...
by 2G Go to last post
35 53 Soaring
Tesla Model 3 and a glider by bertvaneyken
Is there anyone using a Tesla Model 3 to tow his/her glider regularly? Curious about the impact on range and usability to go on (European) gliding holiday.
by 2G Go to last post
22 62 Soaring
Long Term Motorglider Launch costs by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Several years ago I was helping Wilf Krueger K2 strap into his DG 800B motorglider. He looks up at me and says "here goes the most expensive tow I'll ever buy" He smiles and takes off. I'm curious from those in the know, how much did that launch really cost him? Over say 25 flights a year over 10...
Today 06:16 AM
by Mike Schumann[_2_] Go to last post
4 19 Soaring
Shifting CG In-Flight by Duster[_2_]
A friend has installed a system in his home-built glider that enables shifting the CG position forward during higher cruise speeds (e.g., between lift, final glide, etc.). It uses two water reservoirs whose content can be transferred using a 12v pump. This is done, ostensibly, to reduce...
Today 06:10 AM
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
1 2 Soaring
1981 Cobra trailer gas struts by David Cleveland
I have a 1981 Cobra trailer designed for a single seat glider. The trailer design is of the type that has the struts located on the outside of the trailer, with an aluminum top. I am looking to replace the gas struts. I have contacted Wings and Wheels. They have been very helpful, but they do not...
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
11 45 Soaring
Updating Avionics - How I Remember What's What! by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Updating files/firmware on my avionics should be easy. Then why is it so hard? Heck, I am an electrical engineer. I have been around computers since high school (early 70's). I was in Information Technology for MANY years and still do this on a volunteer basis. I should be able to handle...
by waremark Go to last post
27 155 Soaring
Time for a new US Schempp-Hirth Rep? by [email protected]
Unfair to do this on a forum perhaps but I think it's that bad. Wondering if anyone else with an older SH model is feeling the same. I have not been able to get parts for my glider. I will not go into exactly what I have and have not done to make it happen because I think I've done more than what...
15 Hour Wonders by Bob Youngblood
The FAA has made it possible for glider plots with very limited time to acquire a CFIG rating with only 15 hours of total glider time. This is truly an accident waiting to happen, what could a glider pilot actually know with such limited time? What do you think?
IS28-B2 Lark salvage by Frank Whiteley
Is someone aware of an IS28-B2 Lark that's being parted out?
Yesterday 11:22 PM
by Steve Leonard[_2_] Go to last post
6 86 Soaring
LNav Display needed by [email protected]
Needed for a youth project. We are looking for a 3-1/8 display for an L-nav. We have a 2-1/4 display to exchange. Anybody got one? No need to send me to the usual sources, I've looked. Thanks UH
'Lx-Nav V8' and 'ClearNav CNv Digital/ Analog Display' for sale by Colten Coughlin
Lx-Nav V8 #S.N. 00764: $950 ClearNav CNv Digital / analog *display only no flight computer* x 2: $450 each Images of the instruments are he https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPp3sJUXKsQgk5vvS0ugNPWrAxoRdMbuvupbJ2V Thanks! -Colten Coughlin
by Colten Coughlin Go to last post
16 76 Soaring
Filling small holes in panel? by soaringjac
Any recommendations on what to use to fill small holes in an aluminum panel?
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post