Search: Posts made by: BeechSundowner
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 14th 09, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By BeechSundowner
Jeppesen Garmin Nav Updates

On Oct 14, 11:55*am, Ross wrote:

I knew people
that would only print the free charts off the internet and fly. But,
what happens if you land somewhere you do not have a...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 14th 09, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By BeechSundowner
Jeppesen Garmin Nav Updates

On Oct 14, 5:21*am, Sam Spade wrote:

And, it is pointless to try to explain it here.

Perhaps you should sell the Garmin IFR unit and do your limited IFR
flying with VOR...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 13th 09, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By BeechSundowner
Jeppesen Garmin Nav Updates

On Oct 13, 11:47*am, Ross wrote:

I paid roughly $390.00 year for my KLN-89/B subscription. I downloaded
from the B-K sight and took my laptop to the airplane.

Just...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 13th 09, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By BeechSundowner
Jeppesen Garmin Nav Updates

On Oct 13, 10:04*am, Sam Spade wrote:

I can't imagine how someone could afford to buy and install a Garmin 430
but not be able to maintain a current database.

That is...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 13th 09, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By BeechSundowner
Jeppesen Garmin Nav Updates

On Oct 13, 3:12*am, Sam Spade wrote:

If you see it as hitting a nerve, so be it. *From my perspective I see
far too many light airplane pilots bitch because they have to pay...
Forum: Piloting October 10th 09, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
OT Nut loose in my engine! - Video

On Oct 10, 10:05*am, rckchp wrote:
On Sep 23, 11:20*pm, " wrote:

I think a prudent pilot would have aborted the takeoff as soon as that
Forum: Piloting October 8th 09, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 8, 4:26*pm, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

The information you shared with us all here had been provided during the
earlier discussion. *Why wasn't it acceptable to...
Forum: Piloting October 8th 09, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 8, 2:48*pm, Jeffrey Bloss wrote:

The same kind that asks whether a post is underage and inquires about
his ass.

I'd have to agree with you here. Never answers...
Forum: Piloting October 8th 09, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 8, 3:33*pm, C Gattman wrote:

Now, you're simply lying. I don't know what motivates you to do that,
or what you think your opinion contributes to anything, but, now
Forum: Piloting October 8th 09, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 8, 3:23*pm, C Gattman wrote:

LOL! *Mr. Lieberman, I know you're not saying you would rather have an
instructor who wants to engage in a penis-measuring contest, so,...
Forum: Piloting October 7th 09, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 7, 11:47*am, Mike Ash wrote:

I can't imagine that anybody in this thread cares very much what other
people think,

Only one person cares what others think and it's...
Forum: Piloting October 7th 09, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 6, 9:03*pm, C Gattman wrote:
On Oct 6, 10:38*am, Jeffrey Bloss wrote:

But I'm also sure they felt they were doing a service for the...
Forum: Piloting October 7th 09, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 7, 4:31*am, C Gattman wrote:

I said Goodbye. I don't care what you think of me or what you think I
can't take. Get over it. *-c

You are now becoming my source of...
Forum: Piloting October 7th 09, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 6, 9:12*pm, C Gattman wrote:

I'm sorry if I've bruised your ego. Telling you what I saw happen or
what I mean has no value to you so clearly you don't respect my...
Forum: Piloting October 6th 09, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 6, 11:28*am, Ross wrote:
Just the wrong sentence structure can
have a totally different meaning from the writer to the reader.

I wish this was true in Gattmans case,...
Forum: Piloting October 5th 09, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 5, 2:24*pm, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

I do not understand your question. *What trap? *

Read below what I said.... If you provided a later notice...
Forum: Piloting October 5th 09, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 5, 10:15*am, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

http://www.faa.gov/airports/runway_safety/aso/Media/2002%20Runway%20S...

Links to that Order and to Notice 7050.2...
Forum: Piloting October 5th 09, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 4, 7:12*pm, Mark Hansen wrote:

For crying out loud, Allan - the man is admitting he was wrong. That's
a pretty hard thing to do. Why do you want to make it even...
Forum: Piloting October 5th 09, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
Official word: Runway Incursion vs Surface Incident

On Oct 4, 5:23*pm, C Gattman wrote:

* That's definitive enough for me, and support's McNicoll's position.

I believe it supports everybody's position that said you were wrong...
Forum: Piloting October 2nd 09, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
ILS approach to near minimums - Video

On Oct 2, 10:27*am, a wrote:

Another point, if you have an analog ADF -- the OM is also a beacon at
many airports -- glance at the needle when you get close to the middle
Forum: Piloting October 2nd 09, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
ILS approach to near minimums - Video

On Oct 1, 11:11*pm, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Sure, but my point is that you should then know where to look for the
runway threshold ...

Cheers

Ummm, where did I say I didn't...
Forum: Piloting October 1st 09, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
ILS approach to near minimums - Video

On Oct 1, 12:50*pm, "Jon Woellhaf" wrote:
Isn't it an FAA regulation that wind has to change direction and speed
during all approaches in IMC? g

And for those FARS...
Forum: Piloting October 1st 09, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
ILS approach to near minimums - Video

On Sep 30, 10:48*pm, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Didn't you know the x-wind factor for the runway you were using?

It changed as I was descending. The only thing I need to know is...
Forum: Piloting September 30th 09, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
ILS approach to near minimums - Video

On Sep 29, 9:29*pm, D Ramapriya wrote:

Thanks, especially for the above bit. Don't know if it's because
someone once told me or something I'd read somewhere but I was...
Forum: Piloting September 29th 09, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By BeechSundowner
VOR Alpha approach down to minimums with ATC COMS - Video

On Sep 28, 2:07*pm, Ross wrote:

I commend you that you actually get out in the weather in a organized
approach and practice what you learned. I never did it to the extent...