Search: Posts made by: waremark
Forum: Soaring May 21st 21, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
replacement instruments

Or an LX Nav S10 or S100 - excellent vario with lots else, artificial horizon, battery backup, backup IGC logger
Forum: Soaring May 21st 21, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
replacement instruments

Do you already have an artificial horizon? If not, something like this:

https://lxavionics.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=126&product_id=591

You may not be authorised to fly in IMC (as...
Forum: Soaring May 20th 21, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Compaq Aero 1500

On Thursday, 20 May 2021 at 19:57:20 UTC+1, wrote:
Am trying to get back into flying with a glider which had a Compaq Aero 1500. Would like to fly before making any changes to...
Forum: Soaring May 14th 21, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Flarm on Naviter Navigator

On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 04:59:12 UTC+1, Wade G wrote:
So far I like the beta test Navigator and look forward to tasks being added.
Mine is connecting to my S10 via Bluetooth but I am not...
Forum: Soaring May 3rd 21, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Allstar SZD-54 Perkoz Info? US Dealer?

On Monday, 3 May 2021 at 16:47:11 UTC+1, wrote:
Hello, trying to get some information together on this glider for club purchase consideration, but I cannot find a US dealer for...
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 21, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Hawk Wind

On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 06:58:35 UTC+1, Matthew Scutter wrote:

Would you expect it to function meaningfully differently in the flatlands? Circling wind should work just fine in a homogenous...
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 21, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Hawk Wind

On Friday, 30 April 2021 at 15:06:28 UTC+1, Eric Greenwell wrote:

There is for me: I have a new glider ordered, and I considered keeping the
Butterfly vario that's in my current glider....
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 21, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On Saturday, 1 May 2021 at 17:40:19 UTC+1, Francois HERSEN wrote:

I flew more than 15 years with my ASH25, pure glider. Since few years ,I fly with my brand new ASH30 Mi. I may take off when I...
Forum: Soaring April 27th 21, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On Saturday, 24 April 2021 at 20:12:48 UTC+1, Tom BravoMike wrote:

Do you really believe Klaus Ohlmann and Jean-Marie Clément would have set their records in the Andes in a "pure" sailplane?...
Forum: Soaring April 27th 21, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On Saturday, 24 April 2021 at 17:34:40 UTC+1, Eric Greenwell wrote:

But, a JS3 self-launching jet would be awesome!

Sadly the JS2 which will be a self-launching version of the JS1 is going to...
Forum: Soaring April 27th 21, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On Saturday, 24 April 2021 at 03:43:27 UTC+1, Eric Greenwell wrote:

Amen! The fuselage of my ASH 26E weighs over 500 lbs! Getting that out
of a soft field will take more than my wife. She knows...
Forum: Soaring April 24th 21, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On Friday, 23 April 2021 at 15:36:48 UTC+1, jfitch wrote:
If what you said were true, the podium at nationals would be crowded with MG pilots. How many MGs were represented on the podium (or even...
Forum: Soaring April 24th 21, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
New Soaring Software for iPhones - Lufty

On Friday, 23 April 2021 at 14:12:37 UTC+1, wrote:
This new app for iOS looks interesting and is supposed to be available this month. It will be interesting to see how it...
Forum: Soaring April 23rd 21, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

"The question I have is "how many MG pilots, in actual practice, fly their MG like a pure sailplane, not putting themselves in situations where they would need to depend on their motor?"

It depends...
Forum: Soaring April 18th 21, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On Saturday, 17 April 2021 at 12:53:45 UTC+1, wrote:
Fitch congratulations on being one of us old guys, my apologies are in order. I had completely mistaken you for one of the...
Forum: Soaring April 14th 21, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On Wednesday, 14 April 2021 at 04:46:05 UTC+1, 5Z wrote:

Actually, the OLC has created a rule to "penalize" motorglider pilots in the speed league. One must begin a soaring flight within 15 km of...
Forum: Soaring April 12th 21, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

"If anything, a motorglider has a performance disadvantage compared to a motorless, because the ballast choices are limited. It is operationally more complicated during a landout, as everything the...
Forum: Soaring April 4th 21, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Anyone smart with SeeYou Navigator?

On Friday, 2 April 2021 at 19:17:24 UTC+1, wrote:
I loaded my club's three Proving Grounds tasks into my SeeYou Cloud account, but I cannot find those tasks anywhere on my SeeYou...
Forum: Soaring March 28th 21, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
LX Connect to OLC

On Saturday, 27 March 2021 at 15:15:58 UTC, Bob Caldwell (BC) wrote:
On Friday, March 26, 2021 at 5:29:39 PM UTC-7, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 3/26/2021 6:23 PM, waremark wrote:
On...
Forum: Soaring March 26th 21, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Decision making in ground roll

On Friday, 26 March 2021 at 16:25:39 UTC, ProfJ wrote:

It's kind of fun to have all the experts invalidate my actual lived experience, and also physics. Let's go watch some videos of winch...
Forum: Soaring March 26th 21, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
LX Connect to OLC

On Thursday, 25 March 2021 at 15:39:32 UTC, Bob Caldwell (BC) wrote:
Yay, it works! All of our complaining did nothing but some competition from a better product did.

What was the better product?...
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 21, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Wing Drop, Aerotow vs Winch, Grass vs Pavement.

On Monday, 22 March 2021 at 20:03:39 UTC, Accounts Receivable wrote:
On the winch, if the wing drops, release immediately, you don't have time to consider your options. There's a good chance you...
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 21, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
$1 billion BMS Ooops...

On Friday, 19 March 2021 at 03:04:04 UTC, wrote:
On 3/18/2021 7:07 PM, waremark wrote:
When flying the Arcus M with a copilot and no ballast my wing loading is 49 kg/m2 (10...
Forum: Soaring March 18th 21, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
$1 billion BMS Ooops...

On Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 19:48:23 UTC, wrote:

Ian, newer flapped designs do well in weak conditions even with higher
wing-loadings. The glider I'm flying at the moment has...
Forum: Soaring March 18th 21, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By waremark
Groundloop accident at the Senior Contest

On Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 03:33:27 UTC, Eric Greenwell wrote:
I routinely start my ASH26E in negative flap, but there is no need change to positive flaps
until 20-25 knots IAS. So, until...