Forum: Soaring October 22nd 18, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
New SkySight color scheme

I guess if it turns yellow or red you have better banked up some goodwill with the wife so you can go outside and play on those days. Sandhill is just 4sm from Hell. Literally. Hell, Michigan. We...
Forum: Soaring October 15th 18, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michigan Ohio Indiana Pilots Rent DG-505 in Florida

Michigan, Indiana, Ohio Glider Pilots:

Sandhill Soaring Club is considering making its DG-505 (N505DS) available for rent to club members for $50/hour in sunny Florida from December through end of...
Forum: Soaring September 25th 18, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Region 4 South as of Monday afternoon.

I'm already having withdrawal symptoms from having cancelled due to work conflicts. If you've never been to R4S you need to check it off your bucketlist next year. New Castle is nothing less than a...
Forum: Soaring September 23rd 18, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
20 Meter two-seater added to Club Fleet in Michigan

Sandhill Soaring Club is excited to announce that it recently procured a race-ready, 20 meter two-seat DG505 ELAN Orion and Cobra trailer. The ship will be utilized for cross-country training, upset...
Forum: Soaring August 30th 18, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vermont Fatalities Today

Our thoughts are with their families, spouses and children, and with their friends and anyone who knew them from the gliding community. I think we all get a heavy heart when we hear of tragic news...
Forum: Soaring August 29th 18, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pre Pan-American and 2018 Canadian National Gliding Competition

Sandhill Soaring Club may have 2-3 members willing to rent their Standard Cirrus gliders to contestants flying in the PanAm Continentals next year. I will get the word out as best I can.

-Chris...
Forum: Soaring August 29th 18, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cause of accident revealed...

I just checked my flux capacitor to make sure it was working right. LMAO. Thanks Dave!

CN
Forum: Soaring July 22nd 18, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ventus 3F - Fatal

Listening to ourselves and knowing our limitations ought to be a topic covered more often in Soaring magazine. Age will no doubt be a factor in a growing percentage of accidents as the glider pilot...
Forum: Soaring July 11th 18, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
New low budget two seater

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 4:24:46 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I think a new "low budget two seater" is not really existing. At the "low end" of the production two-seat gliders, you...
Forum: Soaring May 30th 18, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Region 6 North (Adrian, MI) - Last Minute Sign Ups!

Save the Date & Register for R6N!

See: www.R6N.org

It's not too late to signup for the Region 6 North Sports Class Championships!

To date, we have 18 registered for the regional contest and an...
Forum: Soaring May 30th 18, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Trailer license problem

Have you considered "modifying" the trailer and registering it as a homemade trailer? The state will make you get it weighed (empty) and want to know dimensions, etc but this is another way to solve...
Forum: Soaring March 24th 18, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
DG-505 Wanted

Sandhill Soaring Club, located near Ann Arbor, Michigan, is actively looking to acquire a DG-505 or DG-1000 (pure glider). If you or your club owns one and you're open to the idea of selling it,...
Forum: Soaring March 21st 18, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Region 7 Contest

Attn: Region 7 Pilots

Might I suggest R6N (held June 30 - July 7 in Adrian, Michigan) will be a nice compliment to the R7 races in Albert Lea, MN.

For those of you who've reached a station in life...
Forum: Soaring March 9th 18, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
US Junior Soaring: Youth Wanted to Participate in Cross-CountrySoaring & Racing Camp

Save the Date!

U.S. Junior Soaring Presents... The 2018 U.S. Junior Camp Contest

Youth and Junior Soaring Pilots (ages 14-25) are encouraged to register for the 2018 U.S. Junior Camp Contest, to be...
Forum: Soaring March 9th 18, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SSA's New YouTube Channel

The Soaring Society of America has launched a new YouTube Channel and will be posting new content throughout the 2018 soaring season, including a series of demographically targeted videos that you or...
Forum: Soaring February 20th 18, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2018 U.S. Junior Camp Contest

Clubs and Pilots:

Please help us get the word out to Juniors (youth ages 15-25) at your home club, who either have a PPG rating or at a minimum are close to earning a rating, that the SSA's Junior...
Forum: Soaring February 20th 18, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Region 6 North Adrian, MI: June 30 - July 7

For those of you worried about the "Ionia Curse" just know we scheduled the R6N Championships at the peak of our soaring season. Long distance Downwind Dashes and record Out & Return flights...
Forum: Soaring February 10th 18, 06:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Region 6 North Adrian, MI: June 30 - July 7

Calling All Pilots... including all R6, R7, Chicagoland, Minnesota, Iowa, Toronto, Ontario, New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, and even on the periphery GTA racing pilots (it's a...
Forum: Soaring February 2nd 18, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
wtb: Blanik L-23 (or Grob 103)

Dave,
We have a Grob Twin Astir that just got totalled by AIG (the gear ripped through the hull). Theres nothing wrong with either of the canopies and I'm certain they will sell this for parts when...
Forum: Soaring February 2nd 18, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
New pilot looking for glider to purchase.

Libelle, Std. Cirrus, Open Cirrus, ASW-15, Standard Jantar 2 or 3.theyre all good ships. Just know you get what you pay for and like Frank said, perform a new weight and balance during a pre-buy...
Forum: Soaring February 1st 18, 03:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hard Deck

Andy,

Thank you for sharing that. In reviewing the SSA's financial report i noticed a downward trend in entry fee revenue. This explains it. Any thought on how to make olc pilots take up flying in...
Forum: Soaring January 31st 18, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RIP Tomas Reich - SGP Chile

Cindy,

Well said. Thank you for that sobering outlook on contest safety and human frailty. My favorite was 15min of A/C. Personally, I don't like feeling rushed. Dehydration and exhaustion can...
Forum: Soaring January 31st 18, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flatlanders should explore R4S @ BRSS New Castle, VA Site

Dear Flatlanders,

Last year, I had the privelege of flying in the R4 South contest in New Castle, VA, spanning over the 3rd week of September. I had little to no previous ridge flying experience,...
Forum: Soaring January 29th 18, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Adrian, Michigan Contest Site to host R6N & the 2018 U.S. JuniorsContest & Development Camp

Henry,

On behalf of the SSA'Junior/Youth Committee and many appreciative Juniors, I would like to thank you for your generous support. Your donation will go directly towards offsetting the cost of...
Forum: Soaring January 29th 18, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Adrian, Michigan Contest Site to host R6N & the 2018 U.S. JuniorsContest & Development Camp

Please make donations to support the U.S. Juniors Camp Contest made out to:

SSA Junior/Youth Committee
Donation for 2018 Juniors Camp/Contest
P.O. Box 2100
Hobbs, NM 88241