Search: Posts made by: Charlie Quebec
Forum: Soaring January 20th 20, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Glider repair health issues?

Becoming sensitised to the amines in epoxy is a real thing.
Forum: Soaring January 20th 20, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
WWGC.

I will be interested to see if the team captain is ever appointed as a WGC steward again. He is also the subject of an ongoing member protection case with regards to a previous world champs, and the...
Forum: Soaring January 19th 20, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Lowest power tow

After launching behind a 260hp tug for most of my gliding, I’ve been towed by a 152/150hp recently, at first it felt slow, but fine once used to it.
When I was towed behind the 260hp again recently...
Forum: Soaring January 19th 20, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
WWGC.

Trumps got enough trouble as it is, poor demented old man.
Forum: Soaring January 19th 20, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
WWGC.

Big difference, the OGN tracking cannot identify gliders if they have flarm in stealth mode. The official tracking was ONLY publicly available via the 15 minute delay, someone found or knew of a...
Forum: Soaring January 18th 20, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
WWGC.

The problem was accessing the live tracking without a delay, via pst access allowed. This gave an unfair advantage apparently.
Forum: Soaring January 17th 20, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
WWGC.

It cost one pilot a win, that’s a pretty fair sanction.
Forum: Soaring January 17th 20, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
WWGC.

Interesting news, the entire Australian team has been penalised for unsporting behaviour on the last day.. A protest is currently being heard.
The bun fight at the Keepit corral.
Forum: Soaring January 17th 20, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Women's Worlds

Lucky that the other competitor got a zero on the first day. To come back from a zero to 10th, and close enough a first day score of less than 850 would have seen the French girl win.
Forum: Soaring January 12th 20, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Women's Worlds

If the French competitor Aude Untersee had not got a zero on the first day, things would look rather different at the top, she got 1000 before being zeroed out on the first day, and has flown...
Forum: Soaring December 28th 19, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
FAI ratifies records of illegal flights.

It’s astonishing how such a minor issue raises so much comment. Personally, I don’t ever bother with badge claims. As long as I know I’ve done it, nothing else matters.
Impressing other glider...
Forum: Soaring December 24th 19, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Ventus 2b vs ASW27b ..Which is the better / nicer aircraft?

For the life of me I cannot see how a glider that costs 6 figures can need gelcoat replacement in 10-15 years when my 1980 DG still has perfect original gelcoat.
Frankly, I wouldn’t buy any glider...
Forum: Soaring December 22nd 19, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Lak 12 Disassembly

Nice to see such a comprehensive manual for a change.
Forum: Soaring December 20th 19, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Electric Variometer reading backwards

If it’s a Winter, it’s mechanical not electric. You have the TE and flask the wrong way around, don’t ask how I know...... :)
Forum: Soaring December 16th 19, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Tesla Model 3 and a glider

Ah, Americans and their overcompensation trucks.sad.
Forum: Soaring December 16th 19, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
trailer sway mitigation TSM

If you trailer sways, it has ball loading issues.
Fix the problem not the symptom.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2fkOVHAC8Q
Forum: Soaring December 14th 19, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Filling Small Holes in Glider (WAS: Filling small holes in panel?)

Only in America. This is what you get when you’ve got guns everywhere.
Forum: Soaring December 11th 19, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
'Lx-Nav V8' and 'ClearNav CNv Digital/ Analog Display' for sale

Yes my man, the whoosh factor here is enormous. :)
Forum: Soaring December 5th 19, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Briegleb BG-12B?

There are several BG12 flying here in .au, nobody has died yet. A simple strong wooden aircraft.
Forum: Soaring November 26th 19, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Instrument tubing Y splitter

I used the Y fitting to get a better layout in the instrument panel, where T types tended to kink the tubes, before I changed to Silicon vacuum hose which is much better than the clear vinyl tube we...
Forum: Soaring November 21st 19, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Kestrel DG200 canopy mod.

The UK increase applies to all gliders, with the new limitation of no aerobatics. No engineering done at all.
I’m surprised how many don’t seem to understand the concept of the weight of the none...
Forum: Soaring November 20th 19, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Kestrel DG200 canopy mod.

There is a glasflugel tech note on the 17m Kestrel about a mod to increase tha max weight of the none lifting parts by 12kg, it involves reinforcing the spar stubs around the pin bushes.
It would be...
Forum: Soaring November 19th 19, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Kestrel DG200 canopy mod.

You seriously need to understand the max weight of the none lifting parts, you can’t use the weight available as water ballast in the wings in your calculations, as being in the wings it does...
Forum: Soaring November 16th 19, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Quebec
Kestrel DG200 canopy mod.

You will be 16kg + parachute over the maximum pilot weight 110kg, ( this is also the limit for the harness as standard) and out of the CG range without adding tail ballast, and worst of all, after...