Forum: Soaring January 8th 19, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Check out "Dr Jack BLIPMAP Viewer" android US only

Is the .apk file for this app available for download somewhere?

Matt
Forum: Soaring December 23rd 18, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Condor 2 v 2.0.5 with VR Support

The idea of being able to look around while flying is very cool. I can't wait to try it!!!

You can already look around while flying in Condor 1 or 2 using an inexpensive TrackIR 5.
Forum: Soaring October 4th 18, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stowing horizontal stabilizer on tail boom in trailer

On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 12:20:30 PM UTC-4, C-FFKQ (42) wrote:
Pictures of my boom-mounted stab.:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7vnlgujvtjvadwm/AADb_ZrAQlq0Irl4jO-itjlIa?dl=0

Thanks for...
Forum: Soaring September 11th 18, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Accidents resulting from medical issues

On Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 2:30:10 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Flying solo, sucks for your family and friends, but you may be happy.

Spare a thought for how accidents...
Forum: Soaring September 6th 18, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stowing horizontal stabilizer on tail boom in trailer

On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 10:59:45 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I have this set up on my Pegasus. I'm pretty sure the saddle is custom made as the stab is very snug in it and the...
Forum: Soaring September 6th 18, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stowing horizontal stabilizer on tail boom in trailer

By the way, a scale drawing of the -101 can be found on John DeRosa's website he
http://aviation.derosaweb.net/dg101/documentation/Scale_Drawing_DG-100.jpg

There are two different stabilizers...
Forum: Soaring September 6th 18, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stowing horizontal stabilizer on tail boom in trailer

We have that, but our stabilizer is thicker and much more strongly swept than the one that this piece was designed to hold. It might be possible to modify it with effort, but it looks like it would...
Forum: Soaring September 6th 18, 03:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stowing horizontal stabilizer on tail boom in trailer

I have seen a glider trailer in which the aircraft's horizontal stabilizer is strapped to the glider's tail boom for storage and transport. I can't recall where I saw this, and a google image search...
Forum: Soaring September 4th 18, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WTB DG-101 trailer nosecone

I'm adapting a trailer to my DG-101 and would like to buy a molded nosecose to act as a forward stop in the trailer. The existing nosecone was fitted to a Jantar Standard 2 and has quite a different...
Forum: Soaring July 25th 18, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
DG 100 group(s)

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 11:15:19 AM UTC-4, Senna Van den Bosch wrote:
Quick question, are there any DG 100/101 owner groups out there? Thank you!

I own a share in a 101G.
Forum: Soaring April 10th 18, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
XCSoar / TopHat maps airspace etc.

Turn the wifi on and go to settings, cog looking tab, click on site files and Tophat should show a list to pick from.

Yep, but none of the places I fly are among them.
Forum: Soaring April 10th 18, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
XCSoar / TopHat maps airspace etc.

Hi everyone,

I just installed TopHat Soaring on a Kobo e-reader yesterday and am seeking a source for the map, airspace,, and turnpoint files for the areas where I fly, which are BRSS in New Castle,...
Forum: Soaring April 6th 18, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Relieving in flight

I hope you are joking about that.

Dropping urine bombs on poor people is probably not the best look for our sport.

Matt

On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 9:39:57 PM UTC-4, ...
Forum: Soaring April 4th 18, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
need an A&P with IA in the Kansas City area

Hi all,

I am looking for someone who can do a prebuy and ideally sign off on an annual for a standard a/w glider in the Kansas City area that I am interested in.

Please let me know of anyone that...
Forum: Soaring March 29th 18, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LXNAV S7 for sale

I’m interested. Please email me at mmcbee at gmail.com.
Forum: Soaring March 29th 18, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soliciting DG-101 info

Hi all,

I'm looking at a DG-101G and am seeking feedback from experienced pilots regarding handling, assembly, landing, and any components that are typically subjected to wear or...
Forum: Soaring March 19th 18, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Looking for an LS-3a

On Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 8:37:16 PM UTC-4, pjschae wrote:
I found one. V9 is now in Salt Lake City. Thanks Randy!

How do you like it?
Forum: Soaring February 21st 18, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Condor2, inbound on final glide!

I'm getting the same error. Guessing the license server is down.
Forum: Soaring February 20th 18, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
looking for a used parachute

If anyone has a used backpack-style parachute for sale, please let me know.

I'm looking for one that is less than 10 years old and in excellent condition.

Matt
Forum: Soaring February 16th 18, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Condor2, inbound on final glide!

Any estimated date for the "buy" link to go live?

Matt
Forum: Soaring February 12th 18, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Condor2, inbound on final glide!

I wish these guys would hurry up and take my money. :)

I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.

Matt
Forum: Soaring February 12th 18, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Trig TT21 + TN72 TABS ADS-B Out Install working great....

So to confirm what I think I understand: an Experimental airworthiness glider can fully satisfy the 2020 ADS-B mandate using the TT22 + TN72.

A Standard airworthiness glider must use the TT22 +...
Forum: Soaring February 9th 18, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
looking for a Discus

Great! I just emailed you.
Forum: Soaring February 9th 18, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RIP Matt Wright (Balleka on YouTube)

Well said.

The pictures from Belleka's GoPro cameras in the report had quite an effect on me. They are hard for me to look at, being simultaneously so familiar yet so foreboding. I must admit...