US team silence by John Cochrane[_3_]
In the entire club, 15, and standard WGC, the US team posted a grand total of two pilot reports about what was going on https://ussoaringteams.org/#news Clearly there were lots of lessons learned here! US team: you want our support. You want our money. You want our volunteer time. And yet you...
Today 07:31 AM
by Charlie Quebec Go to last post
6 35 Soaring
Dream Panel by 2G
As you may already know, I am ordering a new ASH31Mi. I am in the process of coming up with the panel layout and instrument selection. I would love to here from other pilots what they consider to be their dream panel (cost is not an issue). Tom
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
36 117 Soaring
Flarm data on iglide by [email protected]
Is there a configuration file that I need to make the contest numbers show up with the flarm data in iGlide? I see the traffic, altitude, etc, but I’m getting the ICAO designator instead of the contest number. I believe you have to configure the displays separately from the core, but does...
Today 06:17 AM
by jfitch Go to last post
3 15 Soaring
Ventus 3F - Fatal by Jock Proudfoot
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new- mexico/articles/2018-07-11/albuquerque-man-dies-in-glider-crash- near-moriarty-airport
Need a new axle for my eberle trailer .... by Peter Deane[_2_]
Hi All My Std Cirrus trailer (eberle) needs a new torsion axle with a handbrake... cant find one in US? Any one else had this problem ? Hoping there is some experience on sourcing one of these ... Help much appreciated Peter Deane (2T)
Today 05:31 AM
by Peter Deane[_2_] Go to last post
9 31 Soaring
Spray insulation for aluminum trailers by [email protected]
How does one go about having insulation installed inside an aluminum trailer? Are there specific spray-on materials that are commonly applied that auto repair/painting shops would know how to work with? Are there some specific materials one should avoid? Seems like the material needs to be...
Wally Leland USAFA Soaring Program Founder Passes by Duster[_2_]
Wally Leland (Lt. Col James "Wally" Leland, ret) passed away on June 29th at the age of 90 in San Antonio. Wally was a founder of the USAF Academy's Soaring Program, held diamond badge #36 and was awarded the Bronze Star and DFC (Vietnam). He was a humble, enthusiastic man and will be greatly...
Yesterday 08:13 PM
by Duster[_2_] Go to last post
0 11 Soaring
Kawa to the lead... by [email protected]
at the 15 meter WC, in an ASG-29.
Dittel FSG 2T for sale (USA) by [email protected]
$690, very good condition, photos and contact info on Wings & Wheels miscellaneous for sale.
Wgc's by Paul T[_4_]
What is disappointing is how the new handicaps have played out in Club Class - now to be competitive it looks like you need to buy a ship costing at least 10k more than you would have had previously. Way to go FAI with your constant efforts to turning soaring into a 'rich persons sport',...
Yesterday 06:29 PM
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post
1 21 Soaring
Silent Skies by [email protected]
I live in Great Meadows, NJ, about 4 miles northwest of Hackettstown Airport. This is a nice clear Saturday morning, and usually I would hear the occasional airplane engine as some SEL passes nearby, even once in a while the distinctive sound of a radial. But not today. And why? Because...
Yesterday 06:04 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
2 24 Soaring
Capacity flask sizes for older PZL and Winter varios. by [email protected]
One of the varios just failed in my older glider. The Winter 5m/s is kaput. There's also a 1m/s unit that appears to be working. Both are from 1963. A friend gave me a PZL 10kt unit that appears to be working. He can't remember what it came out of. Anyone have specs on these older units? I would...
Yesterday 02:35 PM
by Andrzej Kobus Go to last post
3 22 Soaring
Glider on ESPN at German Gran Prix by [email protected]
Anyone else catch the Glider thermalling low over Hockenheimring yesterday morning, during German Gran Prix free practice 2? Kudos to Paul di Resta of ESPN for knowing and explaining to the viewers how the glider uses the hot air rising up off the the track.