Forum: Soaring February 4th 18, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Metric aircraft countersunk machine screws

On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 11:51:27 AM UTC-9, Charles Longley wrote:
Does anyone have a source for metric aircraft countersunk machine screws? Similar to MS24693S28. They need to be aircraft...
Forum: Soaring September 23rd 17, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grob 109

Dan
I own a G-109A in eastern Tennessee.
I have had great response from contacting grob directly, the service rep I have worked with is Kim, e-mail below.
Jarmer Kim
If...
Forum: Soaring April 17th 17, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hello glider pilots in Anchorage area...

Yes there is some soaring outside of CAP.
I was looking for the same information and found there is a group trying to get active. they put up a website- http://www.akmtnsoaring.com/

Are you in the...
Forum: Soaring March 19th 17, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cold Weather Clothing?

Might look at OROS apparel.
they are making outerwear with a very thin layer of insulation adapted from NASA technology. Much more comfortable and does not have the cold spots of compressed down...
Forum: Soaring January 24th 17, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
In Need of a 233

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 6:58:10 AM UTC-9, Jeremy Young wrote:
Anyone on here know of a Schweizer 233 for sale? We are in need of one for our training department. Based out of Hood River, OR...
Forum: Soaring November 24th 16, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hangar/Home Advice

There is a website, http://livingwithyourplane.com/ , that might have some useful information.
Airpark living is not bad.
bob
Forum: Soaring November 4th 16, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Birds in the hangar

On Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 5:43:22 PM UTC-8, Ben Coleman wrote:
Our club is discussing what we can do to deter birds from perching in our hangar and messing up our aircraft. Can anyone...