Search: Posts made by: John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Forum: Soaring June 15th 21, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Oxygen

There is a good presentation on types of O2 systems at
http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presentations/#oxygen.

About the fingertip O2 saturation monitors.
Being in a glider we need one that is...
Forum: Soaring June 13th 21, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Avionics for Sale

That didn't work. The email address is still obfuscated reading via Google groups.

You will need to trick the system by sending something like;

name (at) someplace dot com

Also, you should...
Forum: Soaring June 2nd 21, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flarm Target direction

Which FLARM display systems (dedicated or integrated) annunciates
a close target? I.E. "traffic twelve o'clock low".

This seems clearly better to me than just a beep, then having to understand...
Forum: Soaring May 29th 21, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Newby questions about the GLASFLUGEL H 201 STANDARD LIBELLE

RS JD,

Another resource to ask Libelle questions is the Libelle sailplane owners group.

https://groups.io/g/libelle

Best of Luck.
Forum: Soaring May 28th 21, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LX90xx fln or flx file install for Flarm Contest ID?

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 7:35:23 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
Today I updated my ClearNav II and my FlarmView display and still did
not see my friend's contest number, only his ICAO ID....
Forum: Soaring May 26th 21, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LX90xx fln or flx file install for Flarm Contest ID?

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 6:08:44 AM UTC-5, CS wrote:
On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 10:27:26 PM UTC-5, Jeffrey Resnik wrote:
If of interest, I can forward the file that I used which was...
Forum: Soaring May 10th 21, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
agent newsreader

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 5:28:35 PM UTC-5, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2021 16:45:50 -0500, JC wrote:

.. and a link to something thats apparently an ANTIVIRUS package will
help...
Forum: Soaring April 29th 21, 06:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nano-3 will not charge

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021 at 10:33:15 PM UTC-4, Matthew Scutter wrote:
On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at...
Forum: Soaring April 23rd 21, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SSA Regional Webinar Apr 23, 2021 7 pm MDT

On Friday, April 23, 2021 at 1:27:10 PM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:

Got to members.ssa.org, use old login

My Home Page/News/Webinars

Last one added was the Chicago glider club...
Forum: Soaring April 23rd 21, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SSA Regional Webinar Apr 23, 2021 7 pm MDT

These training webinars are great. Are the prior 6 sessions of the Black Forest training webinars available somewhere on the SSA web site? Were they recorded as done in the past with other...
Forum: Soaring April 20th 21, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramps to Get Glider Off Trailer

A few more details as to construction can be found at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presentations/#ramps
Forum: Soaring April 20th 21, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramps to Get Glider Off Trailer

To get my glider's fuselage into my "hangar" (AKA garage) for winter work I I have to get it off and out of the trailer generally by myself. I made some ramps to help with this. I thought you might...
Forum: Soaring April 11th 21, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
new SSA web site

On Friday, April 9, 2021 at 10:08:34 AM UTC-5, wrote:
A small number of people put a lot of effort into the soaring community to benefit all of us. Sure John has some good...
Forum: Soaring April 9th 21, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
new SSA web site

I think that the reason for the extra password security (and maybe the two passwords) has to do with the privacy issue of we can see names and addresses of members, and/or, ordering and credit cards....
Forum: Soaring April 7th 21, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
new SSA web site

I had said above, 'Out of curiosity I clicked on the Login button (upper right) and all I saw was the "Not a member. Join today!" message'. This was using Chrome on an Android phone.

I tried it...
Forum: Soaring April 7th 21, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
new SSA web site

I received the new web site announcement email from the SSA on April 1 saying that in the next 24 hours I would get a link to reset my password. It is now April 7 and nothing thus far (yep, I...
Forum: Soaring March 24th 21, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LXNAV V7/S7 shutting off.

You should join the LXNAV Google group and post your question there.

https://groups.google.com/g/lxnav-user-group
Forum: Soaring March 9th 21, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Replies: 23
FCC License?

I'm unsure if the license is good for your lifetime. I thought all FCC licenses had to be renewed every 10 years. Is a "permit" different than a "license"?
Forum: Soaring March 7th 21, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Replies: 23
FCC License?

I'm circling back on this old 2010 thread as I received a letter from the FCC asking me to renew the radio license specific specific to my N number (aka "Call Sign").

So here is a question that...
Forum: Soaring February 28th 21, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
EAA Sport Aviation Article About Sarah Arnold

There is a very nice article in the March 2021 issue of EAA Sport Aviation on Sarah's world championship win!

On the contents page there is a beautiful 2-page wide picture of Sarah flying her...
Forum: Soaring February 28th 21, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Well Done Glider Article and Video

For all your friends that want to know what all this glider stuff is all about.

I ran across this very well done article on "How To Become a Glider Pilot" ...
Forum: Soaring February 24th 21, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chicagoland Glider Council Seminar Feb 27th 2021

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!! WINGS CREDIT!!

Please go to https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/504520119533373198 to register for this seminar.

If you want WINGS credits for this webinar you...
Forum: Soaring February 22nd 21, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SN10B with Garmin GPS16x-HVS Antenna + remote for sale $800

While advertising on RAS is a good start when selling glider instruments but eBay seems a somewhat unlikely place to find the rest of your soaring audience.

I would advertise on...
Forum: Soaring February 19th 21, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chicagoland Glider Council Seminar Feb 27th 2021

WINGS CREDIT!

You can get FAA FAAST WINGS credits for this Seminar. Two Basic credits (topics 2/3) or two WINGS Advanced credits (topics 1/2).

But if you want WINGS credits for this webinar you...
Forum: Soaring February 17th 21, 07:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chicagoland Glider Council Seminar Feb 27th 2021

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!

Please go to https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/504520119533373198 to register for this seminar.

Thank you and see you virtually there!

John DeRosa OHM...