Search: Posts made by: Walt Connelly
Forum: Soaring June 27th 21, 10:23 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Hello out there???

I don't come in here often but it looks like everyone has left the room.

Walt
Forum: Soaring June 14th 21, 01:13 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Bob, I stand corrected but it is the same design...

Bob, I stand corrected but it is the same design which I might assume could fail under the most dire of conditions. Put on the TOST and I'll come down and be a volunteer tow pilot. (maybe!!) I'm in...
Forum: Soaring June 13th 21, 01:18 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Yo Bob, I stopped by your place late Yesterday...

Yo Bob, I stopped by your place late Yesterday (Saturday) afternoon. Had to drop off some things for my brother in Vero to store for me, got struck by lightning Friday the 4th, blew a hole in my...
Forum: Soaring June 12th 21, 01:20 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Miscommunications and misunderstandings are...

Miscommunications and misunderstandings are ubiquitous these days. Who among us has not had something we have said misinterpreted or taken out of context? Not many I am sure. There are those who...
Forum: Soaring June 12th 21, 01:08 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Wow, only about 1.5 to 2 million and you're off...

Wow, only about 1.5 to 2 million and you're off to the races, if you can find a helicopter pilot crazy enough to do this. That being said and having hung out with helicopter pilots for the last few...
Forum: Soaring April 21st 21, 01:52 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Ah Sahib, rules are made to be broken. Although...

Ah Sahib, rules are made to be broken. Although the OP acknowledged that it was a post not meant for this forum there were some good responses especially the Chris Rock video. It's good to...
Forum: Soaring April 15th 21, 05:19 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
I come from a family of lawyers. I think I have...

I come from a family of lawyers. I think I have access to just about every well known legal practice except environmental law. I have Tax, Estate, Elder Law, Family Law, Transportation and...
Forum: Soaring April 4th 21, 07:23 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Good information and congrats for making it...

Good information and congrats for making it available. While one might be in the process to at least invert the hook I would strongly recommend making the release handle available to the pilot while...
Forum: Soaring April 4th 21, 07:19 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
If you really want to see a failure to...

If you really want to see a failure to communicate and cooperate just try to manage representatives from the DOE, EPA, OSHA and the NRC at a nuclear power station all at the same time. Had to tell...
Forum: Soaring April 1st 21, 03:05 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Very interesting regarding the qualifications of...

Very interesting regarding the qualifications of the NTSB board members. I don't think being current is overly important but the female member is listed on the FAA Airman Registry site as having a...
Forum: Soaring March 29th 21, 07:59 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Not sure this is correct. USAFA Cadets are not...

Not sure this is correct. USAFA Cadets are not military members until they graduate? My understanding was that they were under 38 U.S. Code 1965 - Definitions
U.S. Code

For the purpose of this...
Forum: Soaring March 28th 21, 08:32 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Rich is ever the good soldier, or should I say...

Rich is ever the good soldier, or should I say sailor covering the Admiral's six.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot
Forum: Soaring March 28th 21, 08:29 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Well, it is well documented that Biden has had...

Well, it is well documented that Biden has had surgery for not one but TWO brain aneurysms. He is "one good sneeze away from death" as a neurologist I once worked with would say. Speech impediment?...
Forum: Soaring March 26th 21, 09:17 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Right you are Tom but you gotta love Rich, ever...

Right you are Tom but you gotta love Rich, ever the master of rhetoric. And remember, Mihai was out of the country looking for new business opportunities.....AND ASYLUM in my Constitutionally...
Forum: Soaring March 21st 21, 02:37 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
I experienced the same thing essentially, worked...

I experienced the same thing essentially, worked in health physics with a nuclear reactor refueling crew. Some shutdowns were text book perfect because management was on the ball and concerned not...
Forum: Soaring March 17th 21, 08:38 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Best wishes to Tom for a complete recovery. It...

Best wishes to Tom for a complete recovery. It should be the responsibility of EVERYONE at an event such as this to look for infractions that could inhibit the safety of the launch. Whether it be...
Forum: Soaring March 11th 21, 02:09 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
If it's the view you seek try a helicopter. ...

If it's the view you seek try a helicopter. Stimulation? Do a full down autorotation, a 180 autorotation, a steep approach to a confined area with a confined area departure, recovery from Vortex...
Forum: Soaring March 10th 21, 01:10 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
[QUOTE=Dan Marotta;1039944]The following...

[QUOTE=Dan Marotta;1039944]The following statement came right off the FAA website:

If you are going to pilot a balloon or glider, you don't need a medical
certificate. All you need to do is write a...
Forum: Soaring March 8th 21, 02:00 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
I would ask if anyone has thought of...

I would ask if anyone has thought of "Marketing" their operation? Things are in decline and yet operations are doing the things they have always done which in many cases is close to nothing. Unless...
Forum: Soaring March 5th 21, 04:18 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Well here we are at March, 2021. Is the...

Well here we are at March, 2021. Is the shareholder meeting scheduled or cancelled due to lack of interest?

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy Helicopter Pilot
Forum: Soaring January 18th 21, 02:01 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Thank you my friend for correcting my mistake. ...

Thank you my friend for correcting my mistake. While I am familiar with the proper wordage of the saying I believe I mangled the spelling so bad using notes to write my response, then cut and past...
Forum: Soaring January 15th 21, 07:29 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
While the book says an aircraft towing or...

While the book says an aircraft towing or refueling other aircraft has the right-of-way over all other engine-driven aircraft, digression is always the better part of valor. A blimp is an engine...
Forum: Soaring December 27th 20, 10:46 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
Just Curious...

I was wondering if all the shares in Seminole Lake Glider Port
have managed to sell? As I recall it was to be March of 2021
when things were to be finalized. Anyone out there in glider pilot...
Forum: Soaring December 12th 20, 01:51 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
My experience has been that it is never a good...

My experience has been that it is never a good thing to share your place on the spectrum with others, the bias and prejudice that can occur can be problematic. Most Asperger's are highly intelligent...
Forum: Soaring December 12th 20, 01:42 PM
Posted By Walt Connelly
So forget for a moment your knowledge of his...

So forget for a moment your knowledge of his place on the spectrum. Would you otherwise solo him? It would appear that implied bias is taking hold here.

Walt Connelly
Former Tow Pilot
Now Happy...