Junior WGC Practice Day-US Pilots by [email protected]
Today is the last practice day in Pocuinai and tomorrow the team looks forward to the Opening Ceremony. All of our pilots are flying in the Club Class: JP Stewart(BC), Daniel Sahzin(JM) and Noah Reitter(MZ). Follow this link to Tony Condon's mid afternoon...
0 6 Soaring
Pawnee Mirrors, Fuselage Mounted - Where to buy please? by Shane Neitzey
After many years of service, both of our fuselage mounted rear view mirrors are failing. The mechanic who installed them said they were made by TOST. They resemble automotive side view mirrors. Anyone know where I can get a pair? Easy now grin
7 38 Soaring
The Cobra "Ramp Grind" - a fix by bumper[_4_]
New "bumper" product announcement: The ramp sliders on my 2002 Cobra trailer were metal on metal, bolt threads gouged the extruded aluminum floor rails and there was metal on metal wear.. Some later trailers have plastic washers, but those don't last or work well either. I made plastic sliders for...
by bumper[_4_] Go to last post
18 146 Soaring
Perlan 2 Flying in Argentina Again by Duster[_2_]
First attempt earlier this week, a bit more than 20,000' The Perlan 2 blog has frequent updates, photos and technical info: http://www.perlanproject.org/blog/perlan-2-work-and-play When it flies next, one can follow along with the "Virtual Cockpit": http://perlanproject.cloud/VirtualCockpit.html
Today 05:59 AM
by Duster[_2_] Go to last post
0 14 Soaring
glue to rebond rubber tailskid to LS6 by kirk.stant
The black rubber tailskid (the one with the embedded rollerblade wheel) on my LS6 has come loose - after the last landing when I noticed grass stuck between the boom and the skid, I was able to simply pull off the skid - undamaged as far as I can tell. Looking for suggestions on what bonding agent...
by POPS Go to last post
26 118 Soaring
Radio Wanted by Roy B.
I am looking for a used DITTEL FSG 71M VHF radio in good working condition. ROY
Today 02:21 AM
by Scott Williams Go to last post
7 45 Soaring
Is the reality of small aircraft safety overidden by enthusiasm? by [email protected]
During activities like Airventure (Sun N fun too)I notice great enthusiasm by potential builders of the huge array models available. Also you see the successful builders with a sense of accomplishment flying their creations to the air exposition. But if you poled the successful pilots regarding...
0 14 Home Built
Saving tasks (routes) in iglide by [email protected]
Does anyone know how iGlide saves tasks? I put in a task, sometime it saves it and sometimes not. Or it's I there for 3 weeks with the others and then they all disappear. Has anyone else seen this? It never loses my log files, but the tasks (routes in iGlide) seem to be stored in some non...
8 34 Soaring
SAFE Winch Launching by Derek Copeland[_2_]
To all my friends in the United States of America. You may have got the impression from some recent correspondence on this site that winch launchings is about as risky as bungey jumping or joining a Kamikaze squadron! In fact we do many tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of winch...
by Bob Kuykendall Go to last post
177 9,301 Soaring