Forum: Soaring August 20th 19, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rough outlanding in high corn

On Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 8:12:15 AM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/190815092618-03-russian-plane-emergency-landing-0815-exlarge-169.jpg

I wonder if the...
Forum: Soaring August 4th 19, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wing Contour?

On Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 11:00:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Can anyone tell me specifically how to tell how closely a wing is following its intended shape or to know if it has "issues"?...
Forum: Soaring July 31st 19, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wing Contour?

Can anyone tell me specifically how to tell how closely a wing is following its intended shape or to know if it has "issues"? Also, if I'm sanding, polishing or refinishing it, how do I accurately...
Forum: Soaring July 4th 19, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Newbie Question igc files

On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 6:50:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I typically just upload the file to cross country.aero. You can see the map and bariogram of your flight plus go through the...
Forum: Soaring June 17th 19, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Today is not the day

On Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 6:53:34 AM UTC-5, Tango Whisky wrote:
Flying in mountains, the margins are not the same as over flat land. If you don't adapt them accordingly, you don't have any...
Forum: Soaring March 6th 17, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soaring Music Video -- Marfa, Texas

On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 10:21:03 AM UTC-6, IA DPE wrote:
Very nice, Burt!

Great story, song and video, Brian and Burt. I'm eager to visit you to see what Marfa's all about!

Chuck
Forum: Soaring February 27th 17, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
One Man Rigger for Standard Cirrus with Eberle Trailer?

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 5:00:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Chuck

I built one for my Cirrus/Eberle. Check out the STD Cirrus yahoo site. Look under albums "N230XF"

Forum: Soaring February 26th 17, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
One Man Rigger for Standard Cirrus with Eberle Trailer?

Because of the way the trailer opens, you have to walk the wingtip out so low that a standard one-man rigger doesn't work. Does anyone know of a one-man rigger that'll work for a Standard Cirrus and...
Forum: Soaring January 30th 17, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What Is Wrong With OLC?

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 6:43:42 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
I've been trying for over a year to get the OLC people to fix my login.
I've filled out their help forms too many times to...