Search: Posts made by: MikeMl
Forum: Home Built November 12th 08, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By MikeMl
Wanted Used Pointer ELT battery

noname wrote:
My local Civil Air Patrol has a test Pointer ELT (set on a different
freq) and would like your used batteries. The batteries are the
Pointer 2020 batteries and fit both the 3000...
Forum: Owning November 12th 08, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt

noname wrote:
My local Civil Air Patrol has a test Pointer ELT (set on a different
freq) and would like your used batteries. The batteries are the
Pointer 2020 batteries and fit both the 3000...
Forum: Owning November 4th 08, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By MikeMl
wiring second radio and noise

flps_74 wrote:
Hello all,

Our aircraft (Ms 893E) is wired with one VHF comm (old Narco 11A - but
functionning with noise mind you).

To get rid of the strobe noise, make sure that the TC200...
Forum: Owning November 4th 08, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By MikeMl
GPSMAP 396 won't acquire sats

Mike Spera wrote:
Out of warranty (naturally) 396 has started acting flaky. It sits there
with the incorrect time and date and will not acquire satellites and
start up. Tried different...
Forum: Owning November 4th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning

flps_74 wrote:
Hello all,

Our aircraft (Ms 893E) is wired with one VHF comm (old Narco 11A - but
functionning with noise mind you). We decided to install a new comm
(found an Icom A200)....
Forum: Home Built October 15th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By MikeMl
Looking for information on Wright Flyer projects in 2003.

cliff wright wrote:
Good day all!
There were several projects that I know of to fly a reproduction of the
Wright's 1903 "Flyer" back in the centenary year.
However all those that I know of...
Forum: Owning October 6th 08, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By MikeMl
Education Softwares at SoftCrazy

wrote:
Download Free Softwares...
How about a spam filter?
Forum: Home Built September 26th 08, 07:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By MikeMl
radio noise

Bryan Martin wrote:

All of your audio shields should be grounded only at one end, ...

And finally, your audio jacks should not be grounded,
they should be isolated from ground by plastic...
Forum: Owning July 1st 08, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By MikeMl
Alternator noise on Xmit only

Tauno Voipio wrote:

An educated guess:

Short from microphone connector ground to chassis.
The microphone should get its ground connection
from the radio (or audio panel) only, to...
Forum: Home Built May 26th 08, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By MikeMl
Antenna install

RST Engineering wrote:
Except for the fact that the antenna ships with a thin rubber gasket to keep
water out of the airframe (and insulates the antenna from the airframe
mechaincally).

Forum: Owning May 26th 08, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By MikeMl
Antenna install

RST Engineering wrote:
Except for the fact that the antenna ships with a thin rubber gasket to keep
water out of the airframe (and insulates the antenna from the airframe
mechaincally).

Forum: Piloting May 26th 08, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By MikeMl
Antenna install

RST Engineering wrote:
Except for the fact that the antenna ships with a thin rubber gasket to keep
water out of the airframe (and insulates the antenna from the airframe
mechaincally).

Forum: Owning April 28th 08, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By MikeMl
PA28 Light Dimming Rheostat issues

wrote:
Hey all. Just got done with a marathon day of maintenance yesterday and figured I'd share. The
interior lights started blowing the breaker a week...
Forum: Home Built April 24th 08, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By MikeMl
Antenna under fabric in welded tube ship?

MikeMl wrote:
Jon wrote:
I would like to put internal nav and comm antennas in a series 5
kitfox, which has a welded tube frame. Could reasonable performance
be obtain with elements on...
Forum: Home Built April 24th 08, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Jon wrote:
I would like to put internal nav and comm antennas in a series 5
kitfox, which has a welded tube frame. Could reasonable performance
be obtain with elements on the inside surface of...
Forum: Owning April 3rd 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By MikeMl
Noise Problem. Both Comms Breaking Squelch

Lancair IV-P Flyer wrote:
On Apr 2, 9:26 am, MikeMl wrote:
Mike, given this information, what do you suggest I do next to try and
isolate the cause?

Do the static test...
Forum: Home Built April 3rd 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Lancair IV-P Flyer wrote:
On Apr 2, 9:26 am, MikeMl wrote:
Mike, given this information, what do you suggest I do next to try and
isolate the cause?

Do the static test...
Forum: Home Built April 3rd 08, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By MikeMl
Noise Problem. Both Comms Breaking Squelch

David Lesher wrote:
MikeMl writes:
...There
is almost certainly a catch (snubber) diode across the field winding
oriented such that the field current decays with a...
Forum: Owning April 3rd 08, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt

David Lesher wrote:
MikeMl writes:
...There
is almost certainly a catch (snubber) diode across the field winding
oriented such that the field current decays with a...
Forum: Home Built April 3rd 08, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By MikeMl
Noise Problem. Both Comms Breaking Squelch

David Lesher wrote:

Err, that field has an inductance of something on the order of
1H. Opening the excitation to it will do what, in the short
term? Crowbarring that field to ground & clearing...
Forum: Owning April 3rd 08, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt

David Lesher wrote:

Err, that field has an inductance of something on the order of
1H. Opening the excitation to it will do what, in the short
term? Crowbarring that field to ground & clearing...
Forum: Owning April 2nd 08, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By MikeMl
Noise Problem. Both Comms Breaking Squelch

Lancair IV-P Flyer wrote:
On Mar 27, 2:27 pm, Lancair IV-P Flyer wrote:

Mike,

The OV protection is part of the voltage regulator product. The one
we are using is...
Forum: Home Built April 2nd 08, 05:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Lancair IV-P Flyer wrote:
On Mar 27, 2:27 pm, Lancair IV-P Flyer wrote:

Mike,

The OV protection is part of the voltage regulator product. The one
we are using is...
Forum: Owning April 1st 08, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By MikeMl
Noise Problem. Both Comms Breaking Squelch

Peter Clark wrote:
On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 08:56:27 -0600, MikeMl wrote:

Do you have an AD number for that?

I don't own a 182T. Now that you mention it, it was a Cessna...
Forum: Piloting April 1st 08, 09:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By MikeMl
VFR Routes to Vegas (Mountians)

RST Engineering wrote:
That's my Oshkosh route on I-80, at least to Iowa City. You can do it at
8.5, but 10.5 feels a HELL of a lot better between Scottsbluff and Rawlins.
Can't speak to the...