Search: Posts made by: Dave S
Forum: Home Built December 6th 08, 08:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Dave S
Survival Rifle III

Thank you, no..

I will keep my Glock.. and perhaps my mini 14..

wrote:
"I read your posts about a survival rifle and lemme tell you, you just
don't understand the modern...
Forum: Home Built December 6th 08, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Dave S
aioe.org usenet access ; account still working for anyone?

Morgans wrote:
I had been using the free usenet server aioe.org for access to usenet,
but it quit working a few days ago.

Is anyone else having problems with that, and if so, anyone know...
Forum: Owning December 5th 08, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Dave S
Fundamentals of Stall Recovery

Nice..

now.. go out there and DO it..

Theory and practice are two different things..

w3n-a wrote:
http://w3n-a.blogspot.com/2008/12/fundamentals-of-stall-recovery.html

Stall accidents...
Forum: Home Built December 1st 08, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Dave S
Survival Rifle II

bildan wrote:
On Nov 29, 7:05 pm, Dave S wrote:
wrote:

My main reason for

advocating a black-powder pistol was coming upon one -- a...
Forum: Home Built November 30th 08, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Dave S
Survival Rifle II

wrote:
My main reason for
advocating a black-powder pistol was coming upon one -- a classic
'Rusty' -- I'd acquired last winter,
-R.S.Hoover

Bob..

I appreciate the...
Forum: Piloting November 29th 08, 10:34 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Dave S
Seaplane rating

BUT... if you are carrying passengers, the exception doesnt hold, and
you have to have the cat/class for the plane.. (restating what was
mentioned initially..)

BT wrote:
Thanx Bob... that's a...
Forum: Home Built November 27th 08, 05:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Dave S
Survival Rifle

wrote:
Those of you familiar with my Blog have probably read the several
articles therein about survival. And yes, I've poked a bit of fun at
those who think survival can be...
Forum: Home Built November 20th 08, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Dave S
Cancer Report

Give em hell, Vdub.. and thanks for the follow up.

wrote:
Cancer Report
for Wed, 19 Nov 2008 @ 1700

I was initially diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma on 14 June 2008. The
Forum: Home Built November 15th 08, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Dave S
auto fuel issues

rich wrote:
right now, avgas is running $2 more a gallon than premium car gas. And
from what I've read, premium auto gas doesn't contain ethonol.

Ethanol content may exist in premium autofuels....
Forum: Owning November 6th 08, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Dave S
News server and software

Morgans wrote:

Use nntp.aioe.org, and keep using OE, but there are no binaries. It is
free, though,

I started using this one too, on the recommendations of the rec.aviation
peeps..

Works...
Forum: Owning October 16th 08, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Dave S
91.411/91.413 in Western Connecticut

BT wrote:
Jim... 14CFR91.411 and 14CFR91.413 will tell you that is the transponder
encoding altimeter test and inspections.
True.. they really are not "certifications" in the sense of the...
Forum: Piloting October 14th 08, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Dave S
Fosset

Good thing I didn't take your word for it.

RST Engineering wrote:
What a waste of bandwidth.

Jim
Forum: Home Built October 2nd 08, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Dave S
How to Remove Piston from Cylinder

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Is anyone in the chapter a surgeon or does anyone know one personally? I
have a surgeon friend who's an expert in performing abdominal surgery
through a tiny incision. He...
Forum: Owning October 2nd 08, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Jon Woellhaf wrote:
Is anyone in the chapter a surgeon or does anyone know one personally? I
have a surgeon friend who's an expert in performing abdominal surgery
through a tiny incision. He...
Forum: Piloting October 2nd 08, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Dave S
4 weeks until Wings Over Houston!

Ross wrote:

Can one fly in to this event?

As someone else said.. yes.

But.. you have to arrive before the waivered airspace takes effect. And
Forum: Piloting September 30th 08, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Dave S
4 weeks until Wings Over Houston!

I've been to Wings Over Houston every year since 2002, and several times
before that. Currently I am a de-facto tenant in the T-Hangers at EFD -
I say that because I still have access through a...
Forum: Piloting September 18th 08, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Dave S
So Long, One-Niner Foxtrot..

I got an email yesterday from one of my flying friends.. the Bay Area
Aero Club's Cessna 172 was destroyed as a result of Hurricane Ike at its
home base of Pearland Regional Airport, formerly named...
Forum: Piloting September 16th 08, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Dave S
Hurricane Ike TFR

Rick wrote:
Is this a TFR typical for a disaster area like this?

yes/.
Forum: Piloting September 16th 08, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Dave S
Medical question (PAD)

Steve wrote:
I am trying to get my 3rd class medical, and have received a request for
more info from the FAA on my diagnosis of peripheral artery disease. My
condition is limited to my legs....
Forum: Home Built September 16th 08, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By Dave S
Playing the Cripple Card

Give em hell, Bob!!

wrote:
The visitors lower their voices as they enter the patio, where I've
rigged a work-station suitable to my wheel-chair. I've lost forty
pounds since...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 11th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave S
contact terminology?

Mike wrote:

And in this particular thread, MX was right and Dave S had to
manufacture a non-existent quote just to contradict MX and point out
that he wasn't some sort of design engineer...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 10th 08, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave S
contact terminology?

Mxsmanic wrote:

Nobody learns to fly by reading USENET. No intelligent person ever believes
what he reads on USENET without independent verification.

So that somehow is supposed to mean...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 10th 08, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave S
contact terminology?

Mxsmanic wrote:

Nobody said anything about radar sweeps from ATC.

Yes... YOU did....

....and idiots are not likely to survive in any case.

You've done quite well do far.
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 10th 08, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave S
contact terminology?

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dave S writes:

You know nothing of the technical standards regarding TCAS, nor the
operational requirements of using one.

I know that TCAS displays are mediocre in...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 9th 08, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave S
contact terminology?

Yes, especially since TCAS displays are not very accurate in azimuth.