Scary story about landing on a Lake Tahoe golf course by 2G
Good part was it was late in the day and there were no golfers on this hole: https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/flightinfo.html?dsId=8033935
Are areas of sink modeled well in Condor2? by Charles Ethridge
Question for those of you who fly with Oudie and Condor2: While sink near thermals seem to be modeled well in Condor2, some people in our club do not think that Condor models areas of sink outside of thermals (between clouds) very well. In other words, when they fly cross-country in real life...
Today 07:20 AM
by Senna Van den Bosch Go to last post
9 76 Soaring
Scoring when abandoning a contest turnpoint by [email protected]
Hey all. I somehow got the idea that there was strategy involved to maximize score on contest flights where one decides not to continue to a turnpoint. But I don't see anything in the rules other than incomplete tasks essentially being scored as a landout. Am I missing something? Good to make it...
Today 06:10 AM
by Andy Blackburn[_3_] Go to last post
4 18 Soaring
First Ridge Traverse - Wyoming Range, Wyoming by Tim Taylor
Like first ascents in climbing, first ridge traverses in soaring can be challenging. We had the pleasure today to do a first traverse on the Wyoming Range in western Wyoming, just south of Jackson Hole. Many years ago I pioneered the ridge run on the Salt River Range, it took several years to...
Today 02:49 AM
by Tony[_5_] Go to last post
5 49 Soaring
Super Cub Tow Release Position Improvement by William Kautter
Our club is researching methods to move the tow release off the floor of our Super Cub to a position closer to the throttle. If you have done this modification or know someone that has I would very much appreciate any information and/or photos you or they would be willing to share. Best...
Yesterday 11:22 PM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
3 14 Soaring
solo 2350 owners by Toby Wright[_2_]
A long time back, I helped set up an email discussion group to let mini nimbus owners exchange experiences and knowledge, which seemed to work very well, and indeed is still going strong today. Since then I've moved onto a turbo with the solo 2350 engine which I've been operating happily for...
Yesterday 10:12 PM
by Toby Wright Go to last post
2 20 Soaring
Stowable dolly for taxing by DG Flugzeugbau by [email protected]
Hi, Anyone has experience with this product? I am thinking about using ot with DG600 https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/library/a-foldable-and-stowable-wing-dolly-for-taxiing S
Yesterday 08:38 PM
by Darren Braun Go to last post
7 47 Soaring
New SB (SB-G09) on elevator pushrods for most all Grobs by soaringjac
See the link below http://www.ltb-lindner.com/g-102-ad-sb.html?file=tl_files/ltb_lindner/pdf/G%20102%20LTA%20%26%20TM%20Englisch/SB-G09_elevator%20pushrod_200408.pdf
by soaringjac Go to last post
36 353 Soaring
Tropics Are Heating Up. by Bob Youngblood
As we get closer to August the tropics are showing those typical late summer cyclone development possibilities. There is one on the horizon for early Sunday, so I guess it is time to put the gliders in the box and store on a secure location. Our club will be securing all gliders and I will take the...
Yesterday 01:21 PM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post