What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not? by Bojack J4
After the definitive spanking these two new models gave to the previously dominant ASG-29, there has to be a superiority. So, what is it? (And yes, the pilot matters...but look at the results in 18m Worlds competition)
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
52 293 Soaring
Flarm unit performance to OGN Ground station issue. by Glidingstuff[_2_]
Hi all I am wondering if any RF/Flarm wizards can help me. This is beyond my area of expertise/pay grade. I am having huge issues with a Flarm unit I installed in a parachute operation's drop plane here in New Zealand. Its a Cessna 185 and the unit is installed with 3 external aerials for Flarm...
Today 01:31 AM
by Glidingstuff[_2_] Go to last post
0 5 Soaring
NBC-TV report on TCAS to air July 14th by [email protected]
On Saturday, July 9, 1994 at 12:21:32 AM UTC-5, Ross Oliver wrote: On Thursday, July 14th, the NBC News show Dateline will air a report on TCAS. From the teasers shown last night, the report appears to be critical of TCAS. Ross Oliver --------------------- A...
0 5 General Aviation
Again! by [email protected]
The FAA has just informed us that northern NJ will once again be blessed with the weekend golfing presence of President Trump. Lucky us. This means that for the last eight weekends, we have had ONE weekend when we were allowed to fly. Last year Trump's favored golf club in Florida opened for the...
by 6PK Go to last post
20 51 Soaring
Pre Pan-American and 2018 Canadian National Gliding Competition by Dave Springford
We now have 27 pilots registered in 3 classes for the contest. http://silentflight.ca/nationals/index.php/registrationform/registered-pilots 18 spaces left before we reach our maximum of 45 competitors. Come join us and fly the area before the Pan-Am in 2019!
15M/Open Class Nats, Contest Day 4 by [email protected]
Am report: 15M/Open Class Nats, Day 4: Yesterday from Mark Keene: Shortened 15M thinking that they were later and conditions slow to start. John Lubon,CD is back. Wx. similar to yesterday. Same air mass. Over 100 degrees Eagle Pass and Plesanton. SW area, dryest and hotest. XC skies says...
Libelle Canopy question for Gram Drinkell by [email protected]
Kinda weird no reply? What's going on? I'd like to have the contact for this transparencies manufacturer. Maybe you're holding back in hopes that I'll take on the project of forming one on my own?
Follow Perlan flights live by danlj
http://www.perlanproject.cloud/VirtualCockpit.html Flying now, probably Thursday; not Wednesday.
Yesterday 06:41 PM
by Duster[_2_] Go to last post
4 34 Soaring
Pawnee Fuel Tank Question by Larry Ruggiero
Hello folks, did a little searching on past posts related to Pawnee tanks and came up empty handed, so here goes: ours is a C model with the bladder/liner equipped fiberglass fuselage tank. It's developed a leak at the bottom that I'm digging into. Discovered a poorly done previous repair that...
Yesterday 03:57 PM
by Larry Ruggiero Go to last post
3 31 Soaring
Any LAK 17B FES owners out there? by David Kinlan
Just took delivery of a LAK 17B FES and would like to share advice, tips, etc with other owners. Is there anyone out there?
Yesterday 03:50 PM
by Scott Manley[_3_] Go to last post
6 91 Soaring
Perlan High Altitude Tow Plane by Frank Whiteley
http://www.reporterherald.com/lifestyles/neighbors/ci_32061333/loveland-family-soaring-new-heights-study-earths-stratosphere Arne is an SSA member and member of Colorado Soaring Association.
by AS Go to last post
19 72 Soaring
Ventus 3F - Fatal by Jock Proudfoot