Forum: Soaring Yesterday, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Turning a Schweizer 2-22 into a powered aircraft

I recently found this on the Jakarta Soaring web page. Shows a highly modified 2-22 turned into a single-seat powered aircraft.

http://jakartasoaringclub.tripod.com/gallery/bondol001.html
Forum: Soaring July 27th 20, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mecaplex slider vent with circular pop-out

I am searching for a replacement circular pop out window in the slider vent window on our PW-6 sailplane. The support hinge arm fractured at the pivot bolt hole. The round pop-out is about 2.25"...
Forum: Soaring June 19th 20, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tow rope handling

On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 7:53:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:
What's a good way to wind up a tow rope quickly and easily, store it, and unwind it again without it getting into tangle?
Forum: Soaring June 17th 20, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blanik L23 Wanted

On Tuesday, June 16, 2020 at 8:31:11 AM UTC-5, Charles Dutch wrote:
If anyone knows of a Blanik L23 for sale, please let me know. Our club is in immediate need, and this plane suits our needs very...
Forum: Soaring May 19th 20, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Looking for a 2-seat glider for our club

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 11:25:01 PM UTC-5, Charles Dutch wrote:
Looking for a 2-seat trainer for our club operations in North Alabama. Have placed an ad on GliderSource.com...
Forum: Soaring April 14th 20, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IS 32 sailplane

On Monday, April 13, 2020 at 11:01:41 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Curious if any are operating in the US, or in need of new home

MM

There had been one in Alberta Canada several...
Forum: Soaring October 18th 19, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flight line operations cart, trailer or what have you.

Our gliding club operates from 6 different launch points on 3 different runways and utilizes a small cart to carry everything we need for our operation. It is a plywood box structure mounted on a...
Forum: Soaring August 19th 19, 12:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Krosno for sale

On Friday, August 9, 2019 at 6:49:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
The Winnipeg Gliding Club has a Krosno for sale and the price has recently been reduced. All the details can be found at...
Forum: Soaring August 13th 19, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pioneer Flying Wing parts for sale

For sale is a partial kit of a Marske Pioneer flying wing. The items included are the factory fiberglass pod and welded frame and wings and flight controls. Asking price is $1000. Mike at...
Forum: Soaring August 9th 19, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Krosno for sale

The Winnipeg Gliding Club has a Krosno for sale and the price has recently been reduced. All the details can be found at Wings and Wheels.
Cheers,
Mike
Forum: Soaring August 6th 19, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Colibri data recorder date error

I tried to post a recent flight to the OLC only to have it rejected due an improper date being associated with the flight. It showed as 1999 as the year and from what I have read and been told this...
Forum: Soaring June 28th 19, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pawnee auxiliary oil cooler STC -- need info.

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 9:40:09 PM UTC-5, RV 6 Driver wrote:
I am working on a Pawnee (PA25-235) that has an old STC (SA300SO) installed on it allowing for a 2nd oil cooler. The STC was added...
Forum: Soaring June 6th 19, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Discus B canopy hinge repair

Has anyone out there had any experience with a loose aft canopy hinge on a Discus B? I am working with the owner of his Discus and the aft hinge is noticeably loose as it sits in the frame.

Details...
Forum: Soaring May 30th 19, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cambridge vario audio box wanted

On Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at 9:57:57 AM UTC-5, Geoff Minors wrote:
I am looking for the audio box that goes with the Cambridge vario. Anybody got one they can sell me?
Thanks

I think I have one...
Forum: Soaring May 22nd 19, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wanted Mechanical Vario

On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 7:54:06 PM UTC-5, Geoff Minors wrote:
Looking for a reasonable priced mechanical vario, 80mm Diameter?
I am located in Alberta but close to the Montana border for...
Forum: Soaring October 22nd 18, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PZL Krosno KR-03A Puchatek parts for sale

I have at my disposal the insurance salvage of a PZL Krosno KR-03A Puchatek 2-seat glider. Almost all of the parts are up for purchase. Let me know your needs.
Cheers,
Mike Maskell
Winnipeg, MB
Forum: Soaring January 4th 18, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SZD 48-1 Standard Jantar 2 placards

On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 8:29:52 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
Couldn't you just create the placard in a word processor?

On 1/3/2018 12:08 PM, wrote:
Does...
Forum: Soaring January 3rd 18, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SZD 48-1 Standard Jantar 2 placards

Does anyone have a clean copy of the "allowable mass" loading placard that is found on page 14 of the flight manual? My POH is not clean enough to permit a scan and print of the placard.
Thanks,...
Forum: Soaring December 7th 17, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Buy Glider without looking

If anyone is truly sure they are being scammed then why not play with the prospective buyer a little. I was selling an item, non gliding related, and suspected I was being scammed. So I told the...
Forum: Soaring December 6th 17, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Buy Glider without looking

Be careful of the scam where you are offered more than your asking price and then a later request to send some of the additional funds to another party usually identified as his broker or similar. ...
Forum: Soaring July 27th 17, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pawnee Mirrors, Fuselage Mounted - Where to buy please?

We use a slightly parabolic mirror mounted on the wing jury strut with a mount formed to fit from 2024T3 aluminum of about a 0.040" thickness. Use suitable abrasion protection on the strut. Seems...
Forum: Soaring December 11th 16, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 9:44:11 AM UTC-5, Pat McCartan wrote:
Our club owns an I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark which is grounded because it has exceeded its 35 year factory maintenance...
Forum: Soaring September 10th 16, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wanted: Grob 103 elevator

On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 6:39:50 PM UTC-5, Duster wrote:
Oooops.......severe hangar rash has resulted in a crushed elevator on our Grob 103 Twin III. A repair is being considered, but it...
Forum: Soaring August 13th 16, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grob 102 Astir CS parts for sale

If anyone is looking for parts from a Grob 102 Astir CS I have an almost complete although damaged one for sale. The glider suffered a slow speed ground-loop right at take off and went skidding...
Forum: Soaring June 3rd 16, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grob salvage anyone.

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 11:06:07 AM UTC-5, BruceGreeff wrote:
Can anyone direct me to a source of good/repairable Grob CS77 wings?
Looking for Starboard primarily/specifically.

Have...