Search: Posts made by: Branko Stojkovic
Forum: Soaring June 15th 21, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Russia AC-5M Engine Problem

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 8:45:43 PM UTC-7, Kenn Sebesta wrote:
Dieseling sounds bad. If there truly are deposits causing auto-ignition in your engine than that needs to be addressed ASAP, as...
Forum: Soaring June 14th 21, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Russia AC-5M Engine Problem

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 3:36:32 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Do you have a fuel cut off valve? How about a choke lever, pulling the
choke on a hot engine might kill it.

Dan
5J
On...
Forum: Soaring June 13th 21, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Russia AC-5M Engine Problem

I have been having a problem with shutting down the MZ35 engine in flight on my Russia AC-5M. The engine keeps running (dieseling) for a couple of minutes until it cools down enough and finally...
Forum: Soaring April 13th 20, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
What have we learned from all this?

A view from your friendly neighbors to the North about wherein lies your problem.

There are two things that most of you Americans have in common, both Republicans and Democrats:

1. You make a lot...
Forum: Soaring April 12th 20, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
What have we learned from all this?

Hi everyone,

Here is what I learned from all this.

When the going gets tough, people generally fall into two camps. No, not the lefties and righties camps. They fall into "how can I help the...
Forum: Soaring March 24th 20, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
From stretching the final glide to flattening the curve

Mike,

Tanks. Yes, this year is definitely a writeoff and I had three contests lined up, including R9.

Stay safe my friend!
Branko
Forum: Soaring March 24th 20, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
From stretching the final glide to flattening the curve

This video is off topic, but since it was made by a glider pilot, me, I thought it would be appropriate to share it with y'all.

https://youtu.be/GNnxoXNScSA

Stay safe!
Branko XYU
Forum: Soaring December 1st 19, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Put your money where the risk is

Tom,

I think we are in agreement. It's just that sometimes the debate on RAS gets a bit heated, at least for my taste. To quote Ursula Le Guin: The soundest fact may fail or prevail in the style of...
Forum: Soaring November 30th 19, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Put your money where the risk is

On Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 10:32:36 AM UTC-8, Phil Plane wrote:
On Saturday, 30 November 2019 21:30:21 UTC+13, Branko Stojkovic wrote:

With regards to the stick-and-rudder skills,...
Forum: Soaring November 30th 19, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Put your money where the risk is

I will answer your question right after you answer this one: do you think Masak made a bad decision(s) that cost him his life?

Tom

Tom,

Based on Tom Knauff's analysis of Peter Masak's fatal...
Forum: Soaring November 30th 19, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Put your money where the risk is

On Friday, November 29, 2019 at 2:53:54 PM UTC-8, 2G wrote:
I don't want to over-think things here - it actually is a pretty basic concept. If you have poor stick-and-rudder skills, or poor...
Forum: Soaring November 28th 19, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Put your money where the risk is

On Thursday, November 28, 2019 at 11:57:58 AM UTC-8, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
The air in which we fly is not uniform, sometimes not even honest. Peter Masak, was a great pilot. He met fate flying...
Forum: Soaring November 4th 19, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

Those are all significant contributing factors, it would be hard to argue otherwise.

My original point was that we usually make up our minds about the main causes of accidents based on anecdotal...
Forum: Soaring November 4th 19, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 11:01:36 AM UTC-8, wrote:
I have to disagree branko, saying accidents are complex is the usual dodge we have been using for yeats. Just like...
Forum: Soaring November 4th 19, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 4:52:25 AM UTC-8, wrote:
All this hand ringing... THIS IS NOT a complex problem!
The vast majority of accidents can be crammed into 4 general...
Forum: Soaring November 3rd 19, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

"We have examined (in detail) the 96 reported accidents..."

I would argue that only one accident was examined in detail - Kawa's. There can't be any meaningful discussion about the causes of the...
Forum: Soaring February 18th 19, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
So I am getting to know Ryan

Thank you Jonathan for sharing this story.

Branko XYU
Forum: Soaring December 19th 18, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3?

On Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 10:30:18 AM UTC-8, Paul T wrote:

FAI should mandate a minimum cockpit size to allow for the larger pilot
-smaller pilots are getting a slight performance...
Forum: Soaring November 14th 18, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Which Soaring weather service subscription is best?

There are around 40 pilots in BC, out of which around 10 may be interested in subscribing (my guess).
Forum: Soaring November 14th 18, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Which Soaring weather service subscription is best?

We (SkySight) have a free trial, so I encourage you to give it a try and see what you think.
If you get stuck there's a tutorial video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RIN0086LzY
Regards,
Forum: Soaring September 19th 18, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Js3 jet catastrophic failure.

Has anyone else seen the new rotary engine under development by a company called Liquid Piston? If jalf of what they are claiming is true, it will be a perfect engine for self launchers.
Branko XYU
Forum: Soaring August 28th 18, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Pre Pan-American and 2018 Canadian National Gliding Competition

I think our US friends have a good point here. They should not have to pay extra to be able to compete in an Experimental glider in Canada, given that FAA issues special flight permits to Canadians...
Forum: Soaring February 13th 18, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
RIP Matt Wright (Balleka on YouTube)

To restate RO's question: Considering the pilot's experience, he should have known that the safest option was to land straight ahead. However, he chose a course of action that was less safe, so the...
Forum: Soaring February 9th 18, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Hard Deck

I think I read "only" 150 of the 263 prior posts here, so my apologies if the following arguments have already been made:

The proposed hard deck would in some cases reduce, but not remove the...
Forum: Soaring February 8th 18, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Branko Stojkovic
Hard Deck

I agree with Stu.

Branko Stojkovic