Forum: Soaring June 15th 21, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Oxygen

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 8:18:09 AM UTC-5, Guy Acheson wrote:
The money you will save on oxygen refills using the EDS will pay for the unit.
Ditto on leaving the unit on automatic and use it...
Forum: Soaring June 13th 21, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Oxygen

Working out details for a trip to NM. Mountain High seems to have a solid reputation but a fairly steep price compared to Aerox.

No joy on W&W or anywhere else. The MH system has some genuinely...
Forum: Soaring June 12th 21, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Im ashamed for all of us.

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 3:01:02 PM UTC-5, biff the dotard wrote:
That's quite a misunderstanding, if it's a misunderstanding.

If what the OP alleges is true, 5J's explanation is one-sided...
Forum: Soaring May 29th 21, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Are areas of sink modeled well in Condor2?

On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 1:21:01 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Op dinsdag 4 augustus 2020 03:43:27 UTC+2 schreef son_of_flubber:
On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 4:16:11 AM UTC-4, Senna...
Forum: Soaring May 29th 21, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tow plane ideas

On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 1:37:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
My glider club is looking into the possibility of a new or upgraded tow plane. We currently have a 160hp supercub, but we...
Forum: Soaring April 5th 21, 06:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grob 109B engine

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 11:50:13 PM UTC-5, Charles Longley wrote:
OK thanks. I saw that hand written note in the IPC but didn’t quite figure it out.

Sure would be nice to see an STC for...
Forum: Soaring March 29th 21, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Acid Al won't even DARE to watch Lyin' Biden's press conference...

On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 7:43:30 PM UTC-5, Walt Connelly wrote:
'John Galloway[_2_ Wrote:
;1040516']On Sunday, 28 March 2021 at 18:00:49 UTC+1,
wrote:-
On...
Forum: Soaring March 28th 21, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Acid Al won't even DARE to watch Lyin' Biden's press conference...

On Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 10:26:09 AM UTC-5, 2G wrote:
...he KNOWS how disappointed he will be, having to read (poorly) from his cheat sheets!

Can't help but notice that the media isn't asking...
Forum: Soaring March 27th 21, 07:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Accident in England

On Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 10:54:09 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
"On waking from his coma, the teenage pilot was reported to be making plans for his next flight."
Good for him!
Dan 5J
On...
Forum: Soaring March 27th 21, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Avionics and Mandates

I have flown sailplanes that had all the avionics they did when they were built in the 1950s. And others that had 'modern' technology like electronic varios and a comm. None (so far) have had a...
Forum: Soaring February 19th 21, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NTSB FOIA Backlog

In January I opened an account for FOIA requests on the NTSB website. Then, I spent two weeks working with their tech support to figure out why the logins and resets weren't working. While it was...
Forum: Soaring February 11th 21, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
San Antonio FSDO Terminates DPE

Apparently ethics are dead in this country.
Forum: Soaring February 11th 21, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
San Antonio FSDO Terminates DPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tTmapA7Yjg
Forum: Soaring February 9th 21, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NTSB Kobe

Spatial disorientation.

No real surprises.

Wes, since you stalk my posts, pass this on to George, I think you have to be pretty stupid to fly aircraft that aren't equipped or certified into IMC...
Forum: Soaring February 3rd 21, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
How Have Our Soaring Vendors Fared?

It's amusing to see somebody extol the virtue of Tony Fauci as some sort of oracle.
Forum: Soaring February 2nd 21, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Expat Retirement with soaring?

Poland, Spain or the Czech Republic top my list.
Forum: Soaring December 31st 20, 07:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Knowledge????

"The biggest tragedy is the influence of politics to science. If not for the political differences we wouldn't be having this discussion. Science should be science not something influenced by our...
Forum: Soaring December 29th 20, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Knowledge????

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 11:15:30 AM UTC-6, Eric Greenwell wrote:
2G wrote on 12/28/2020 11:19 PM:
On Monday, December 28, 2020 at 9:41:14 AM UTC-8, Bob Leve wrote:
I'm amazed at...
Forum: Soaring December 28th 20, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NTSB FOIA Logins?

Three browsers. Five password resets. Validated log in ID. Keep getting 'invalid username/password'. No web interface for tickets.

Any suggestions from power users?
Forum: Soaring December 28th 20, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Knowledge????

On Monday, December 28, 2020 at 11:41:14 AM UTC-6, Bob Leve wrote:
I'm amazed at the number of seeming experts who are littering this site with passionately uninformed opinions yet don't seem to...
Forum: Soaring December 20th 20, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Service Ceiling L23 - Litigation

Grand Teton is 13,776 ft. Icefloe Lake is 10,652 ft. If the first frame began at release altitude then they were slightly below and to the south of the summit of Grand Teton. In 3:09 they lost 3100...
Forum: Soaring December 18th 20, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Service Ceiling L23 - Litigation

Thank you for the responses.

I could not find anything to support counsel's mendacious claim that the aicraft was towed or flown above any restriction either by the manufacturer or by the FAA. The...
Forum: Soaring December 17th 20, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Service Ceiling L23 - Litigation

After reading the article I retrieved my copy of the L23 flight manual. Where does it say you can't fly it higher than 12,805 feet? There are VNE reductions calculated up to 35,000, but nowhere in it...
Forum: Soaring December 12th 20, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
3 Alisport Silent 2 Electros for sale in Wings and Wheels.

I actually helped put one of those three into a hangar last weekend. I'm friends with the IA who just inspected it and an acquaintance of one of the owners who flies it. I've seen it fly twice and he...