Search: Posts made by: Paul Agnew
Forum: Soaring December 6th 18, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
schweizer135 canopy

K&L Soaring owns the Schweizer certificate and still supplies a lot of parts and assemblies.

http://www.klsoaring.com

PA
Forum: Soaring November 29th 18, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Solar Farm Development Near Glider Port - Problem?

We have two large photovoltaic solar farms near our gliderport and they are consistent thermal generators. The panels are fixed and aimed Southwest. I've approached them from all directions and have...
Forum: Soaring November 24th 18, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Pilot certificate required?

https://www.oig.dot.gov/search?search_api_views_fulltext=without+certificate

Good luck with that.

PA
Forum: Soaring November 15th 18, 02:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Glider sightseeing flights

I don't follow your logic, Raul, but a reread of the regs revealed 91.147 (a) uses the term "Operator), specifically defines "Operator", and restricts the definition to flights in an airplane or...
Forum: Soaring November 15th 18, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Glider sightseeing flights

91.147 - Reference?
Forum: Soaring November 14th 18, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Glider sightseeing flights

How are US clubs dealing with 91.147? Is there an exemption or workaround for this section? Introductory flights?

It came up in conversation recently with my CPA, who also happens to be an FAA Ops...
Forum: Soaring November 10th 18, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Insurance for young pilots?

Is non-owner insurance an option for your proteges?

PA
Forum: Soaring November 10th 18, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Duo Discus Down off Beachy Head Oct 2018

....uninjured... Thank you autocorrect for thinking uninjured was unintentional.

PA
Forum: Soaring November 10th 18, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Duo Discus Down off Beachy Head Oct 2018

Spotted on PPRUNE.org - Duo Discus in the ocean at Beachy Head. Pilots rescued and uninsured.

https://www.pprune.org/accidents-close-calls/614314-glider-down-beachy-head.html

Paul A.
Jupiter, Fl
Forum: Soaring October 25th 18, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage

If only it was this easy...

https://youtu.be/gr9ZAsySaD0

https://youtu.be/nx_ta3rABeY

PA
Forum: Soaring October 24th 18, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
New SkySight color scheme

I hope one of the options is to revert to the original color scheme. There is a learning curve when you start using a new piece of software and having the color scheme in mind made it easier to...
Forum: Soaring October 24th 18, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
ASW-19 Maximum Weight

Is it just me? I must say, in my 36 years as a pilot, I've never searched for the TCDS on any aircraft or rotorcraft I've flown in order to do a W&B calculation. Until the proliferation of the...
Forum: Soaring October 20th 18, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
ASK 21 grounded after November 30 ? ? ?

Read the "Celebrating Our 12th Anniversary" post.
Forum: Soaring October 19th 18, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
CELEBRATING OUR 12TH BIRTHDAY

"Meantime, Schleicher ASK 21’s is grounded after November 30 (Catch up on their problems.)"

This is the first I've heard about ASK 21s being grounded.
Forum: Soaring October 18th 18, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Greatful for this group

ATP, multiple type ratings, CFI-A, CFI-R, and Comm Glider (added three years ago.) Former traffic reporter, cargo, instructor, occasional jump pilot, and helicopter instructor, and corporate pilot...
Forum: Soaring October 17th 18, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
ASW-19 Maximum Weight

My ASW19's 10lb tail weight is clearly visible with the horizontal stab off. No need to remove the rudder just to see if weight has been installed.

Paul A.
Forum: Soaring October 15th 18, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
ASW-19 Maximum Weight

Has the glider had any repairs that upped the empty weight? My ASW19 can take up to 258# pilot and chute, with 10#s of weight in the tail.

The ASW19 is convertible to the 19B with some mods; brake...
Forum: Soaring October 2nd 18, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Cockpit video recording -- the time is now.

Cameras haven't been mandated in airline cockpits, so don't expect them to be mandated for gliders. It's obvious that a rule like that would be enacted to protect the public on airliners long before...
Forum: Soaring September 9th 18, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Glider Cockpit Safety

Perhaps a first step would be to follow BGA's lead and require cushions to be energy-absorbing foam.

PA
Forum: Soaring August 28th 18, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Flarm unit performance to OGN Ground station issue.

On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 8:38:55 PM UTC-4, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
So much for being Great Again.

Richard

It takes time to reverse rules put into place by the previous...
Forum: Soaring August 18th 18, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Again!

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/aug/08/donald-trump/renovations-Trump-out-White-House/

FYI...
Forum: Soaring July 28th 18, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
US team silence

It's a small thing, but I must say I really appreciate the post card that arrived yesterday, signed by all of the team members, thanking me for my support. It's a nice touch.

The Junior Team sent...
Forum: Soaring July 26th 18, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Need tail wheel assembly

https://fbw-flugzeugbau.de/parts-for-gliders-and-motorgliders/tail-wheels-for-Gliders/tail-wheels:::173_180_182.html?XTCsid=p148m2tvmds05fc8qc6ejlkk57

Lak not listed specifically, but does it look...
Forum: Soaring July 23rd 18, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Wing Wheel by Andy (GY)

Pics, please, Andy. I’ve been unsuccessful reaching you via email and PM.

Thanks!

Paul A.
Blue Jet [email protected] Gmail .. Com