Search: Posts made by: mike regish
Forum: Piloting October 12th 07, 11:55 AM Posted to sci.physics,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Airplane Pilot's As Physicists

The mad scientist! :-)

Excellent demonstrations. I liked when he held up the boomerang..."whatever
these do"

I used to make boomerangs out of 3/8" plywood. I made them by making each
wing an...
Forum: Piloting October 11th 07, 11:42 AM Posted to sci.physics,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Airplane Pilot's As Physicists

I think that the shape of the wing simply allows for a greater range of
angles of attack. A sheet of plywood would provide lift, but only at a very
precise and small angle of attack. The airfoil...
Forum: Piloting June 16th 07, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.students
Posted By mike regish
Which of these is cheating?

Flying is energy management. You have 2 types of energy to manipulate.
Converting your liquid fuel to thrust (which can be converted to airspeed or
altitude) and your altitude (potential energy) to...
Forum: Piloting June 16th 07, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By mike regish
Myth: 1 G barrel rolls are impossible.

Yeah. That 100th of a second is really relevant.

mike

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
mike regish writes:

Thought it was...
Forum: Piloting June 15th 07, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By mike regish
Myth: 1 G barrel rolls are impossible.

Thought it was 158 seconds before he loses orientation and then whatever it
takes to crash into the hard edge of the sky.

mike

"george" wrote in message...
Forum: Piloting June 15th 07, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Things you cannot say without raising security concerns...

And if you run into a friend named Jack at the airport, don't yell out "Hi
Jack!"

mike

"john smith" wrote in message
Last month...
Forum: Piloting June 14th 07, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By mike regish
Myth: 1 G barrel rolls are impossible.

Didn't say anything about maintaining it. It is easy to attain zero g in an
airplane. And if you start out with a steep climb, you can sustain zero g
for several seconds easily. I know because I do...
Forum: Piloting June 13th 07, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By mike regish
Myth: 1 G barrel rolls are impossible.

Why?

mike

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

If it is equal to 1.0 G (which would be quite a feat),
Forum: Piloting June 11th 07, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By mike regish
Myth: 1 G barrel rolls are impossible.

In which the pilot always experiences "positive" G forces, but not constant
1 g. That seems to be the argument here. It varies throughout the maneuver.

mike

"Robert M. Gary" ...
Forum: Piloting June 11th 07, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By mike regish
Myth: 1 G barrel rolls are impossible.

The few that I've done, and it is only a few, the g forces were noticeably
less at the top of the roll. I was still pressing into the seat, but not as
much. Just as in a loop, the g forces are...
Forum: Piloting June 5th 07, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

Probably because the water test with a graduated tube was a lot easier,
cheaper and probably more accurate.

When we first got the ethanol here, I was filling my plane from cans that I
had for...
Forum: Owning June 5th 07, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

Probably because the water test with a graduated tube was a lot easier,
cheaper and probably more accurate.

When we first got the ethanol here, I was filling my plane from cans that I
had for...
Forum: Home Built June 5th 07, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

Probably because the water test with a graduated tube was a lot easier,
cheaper and probably more accurate.

When we first got the ethanol here, I was filling my plane from cans that I
had for...
Forum: Home Built June 5th 07, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

I've heard that too, but it doesn't really matter since either invalidate
the STC and nobody is pursuing a STC to distinguish between them.

'Tis a true bummer.

mike

"Dan Youngquist"...
Forum: Owning June 5th 07, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

I've heard that too, but it doesn't really matter since either invalidate
the STC and nobody is pursuing a STC to distinguish between them.

'Tis a true bummer.

mike

"Dan Youngquist"...
Forum: Piloting June 5th 07, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

I've heard that too, but it doesn't really matter since either invalidate
the STC and nobody is pursuing a STC to distinguish between them.

'Tis a true bummer.

mike

"Dan Youngquist"...
Forum: Piloting June 5th 07, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

I ran out of gas twice with my latest vehicle. I had it before the gasohol
change and I knew where it ran out because I intentionally ran it out while
I was carrying gas for the plane. Since...
Forum: Owning June 5th 07, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

I ran out of gas twice with my latest vehicle. I had it before the gasohol
change and I knew where it ran out because I intentionally ran it out while
I was carrying gas for the plane. Since...
Forum: Home Built June 5th 07, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

I ran out of gas twice with my latest vehicle. I had it before the gasohol
change and I knew where it ran out because I intentionally ran it out while
I was carrying gas for the plane. Since...
Forum: Home Built June 3rd 07, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

The water line test works consistently and, if you have the graduated tube
from Petersen will give a fairly accurate percentage. Except for here, I
have never heard of the Alka Seltzer...
Forum: Owning June 3rd 07, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

The water line test works consistently and, if you have the graduated tube
from Petersen will give a fairly accurate percentage. Except for here, I
have never heard of the Alka Seltzer...
Forum: Piloting June 3rd 07, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

The water line test works consistently and, if you have the graduated tube
from Petersen will give a fairly accurate percentage. Except for here, I
have never heard of the Alka Seltzer...
Forum: Home Built June 2nd 07, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

Here it is.

Petersen Aviation, Inc., which like EAA provides autofuel
supplementary type certificates (STC), reports it will begin
distributing non-ethanol, 91-octane gasoline to three New...
Forum: Piloting June 2nd 07, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By mike regish
Gasohol

Here it is.

Petersen Aviation, Inc., which like EAA provides autofuel
supplementary type certificates (STC), reports it will begin
distributing non-ethanol, 91-octane gasoline to three New...
Forum: Owning June 2nd 07, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting