New alpine soaring video on YouTube by Christopher FLEMING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w4okrE4xfc An ASH 31 Mi starts off by scraping the rocks low in the valleys, then climbs up above the highest peaks in the Southern French Alps. Fantastic video!
Today 01:15 AM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
3 19 Soaring
The Apology by [email protected]
Recently there was an apology issued from the SSA and the SSF and Editor for a so called offensive interpretation of the depiction of a historical portrayal of a young lady and a glider pilot on a previous edition of Soaring magazine. After reading the complaints from the women associated with the...
by andy l Go to last post
51 170 Soaring
for the amateur meteorologists, question. by john firth
Maybe the last flight of the year, but memorable. Atmosphere 10C, very unstable , with cloudbase 5000ft and tops above 10K; showers, wind W 15kt @ 1000ft. climbed to 4000 (airspace limit) over the airfield ; flew upwind along a cloud street, holding 4000ft. Street ended after 10 miles , then...
by john firth Go to last post
14 80 Soaring
Hutter 28 Glider Information by Dan Goldman[_2_]
There is, or was, a Hutter 28 glider that was built in the USA. Any contact information to the builder will be appreciated. Dan
Composite tool review by [email protected]
I am thinking about upgrading my composite repair game. Does anyone have experience with these...
Yesterday 08:00 PM
by John Sinclair[_5_] Go to last post
1 13 Soaring
An opportunity for people from our demographic to contribute by son_of_flubber
Here is a way to do something about the impact of Covid-19 on Soaring. COVID-19 Prevention Network (CoVPN) Volunteer Screening Registry is the way to connect volunteers to practical studies related Covid-19. For example, volunteers, especially older volunteers are sorely needed for Phase III...
Yesterday 07:03 PM
by son_of_flubber Go to last post
2 16 Soaring
(Para)gliders and big birds by AS
Ran across this neat clip on Yahoo. I circled with bald- and golden eagles, ospreys, etc. but never saw them that close, mostly because the speed difference. https://www.yahoo.com/news/vultures-fly-alongside-paragliders-200431352.html Enjoy, Uli 'AS'
Yesterday 11:19 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
2 32 Soaring
Looking for good references on maintaining Fiberglass/Gelcoat finish by David Wrinkle
I just purchased my first glider and I am struggling to locate via google any good articles, books, manuals, videos, etc... on what methods and practices are available to keep the finish of a gel coated glider up to snuff. There seem to be at least two basic schools of thought, one utilizing...
Yesterday 10:05 AM
by krasw Go to last post