Search: Posts made by: 309
Forum: Soaring May 20th 09, 07:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
Flying Pants designed for relief in flight

I've found the Peeto pants to work well, a little better than the
cargo pants.

The pockets are also oriented for more easy access from a
"declining" (seated) position.

As Kemp put it so very well...
Forum: Soaring April 16th 09, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
JP article

On Apr 15, 9:09*pm, Tuno wrote:
Nice article, and congratulations Jim!

I think we ALSO should induct Jackie Payne (Mrs. Payne) into the
Soaring Hall of Fame...by reading her...
Forum: Soaring March 15th 09, 10:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
Wave Alert and record holder caught cheating?

On Mar 11, 8:56*pm, "bumper" wrote:

Wave in a 500,000 Pound Aircraft

Gordo Boettger flies a MD-11 for Fedex

Gents,
Took off from SFO at 7 PM last night in the...
Forum: Soaring February 15th 09, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
icing

I haven't watched the Google Video, but if it's the NASA video on
Icing (with discussion of SLD - Supercooled Large Droplets), I bet
it's a DeHavelland Twin Otter that NASA Lewis/Glenn used for one...
Forum: Soaring February 13th 09, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
The salvage of flight 1549

There are lots of "conspiracy theories" swirling around the A320.

check out: http://www.crashdehabsheim.net/CRenglish%20phot.pdf

Remain calm, all is well.
Forum: Soaring January 24th 09, 07:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
Checklist for maintenance kit

Somebody said "just leave it in the trailer."

I would agree, but I have a 1-26 with an OPEN trailer...those tools
would litter the highway...

Yes, I'd love an enclosed trailer. I'd love carbon...
Forum: Soaring January 18th 09, 07:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
Gliders and Transponders......again.

Did the geese in New York have transponders?
Forum: Soaring January 18th 09, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
Checklist for maintenance kit

You've left out:

Drill and bits
Soldering tool and solder
Trailer lighting repair materials
Volt Ohm Meter (esp w/continuity checker) -- oops, Tuno had it under
"multitester."
Tire/ballast bag...
Forum: Soaring January 2nd 09, 05:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
OT-youtube political video

I'm for no politics with our group.

My experience, even in soaring, is that "politics" is not something
you can "avoid." Who's been in a club that remained perfectly
peaceful for more than say,...
Forum: Simulators December 8th 08, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.restoration,rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.simulators,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.student
Posted By 309
Secondary Stall

You guys have it all wrong: This is what sleepy tow pilots do!

Pete

#309 (and former tow pilot)
Forum: Soaring November 4th 08, 09:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
test mail

On Nov 2, 4:05*pm, "BT" wrote:
4321

"Dave" . wrote in message

1234

Aw, Bill...you broke radio silence!!! ...
Forum: Soaring November 4th 08, 09:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
Daylight Losing Time: GPS Synchronizing VL?

On Nov 3, 1:30*am, Tim Newport-Peace
wrote:

UTC=GPS+Leap Seconds.

For a UTC (=GMT) reference try *http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

The Volkslogger...
Forum: Soaring November 3rd 08, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
Daylight Losing Time: GPS Synchronizing VL?

Well...the VL gets run about twice a month...and had been up for a bit
of time before flight or comparison with the Garmin. And I try to
give it time to obtain an almanac (hoping this will update...
Forum: Soaring November 2nd 08, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
Daylight Losing Time: GPS Synchronizing VL?

Well, it's time to set clocks back...and I noticed something
interesting today.

My VolksLogger's clock seems to run 15 seconds ahead of other GPS
units...and the US Atomic clock (which appears to be...
Forum: Soaring October 19th 08, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
the trend is............

insert diobolical laugh here for melodramatic effect

Now I'm trying to remember where I put that damn turn point camera...
Forum: Soaring October 19th 08, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
the trend is............

On Oct 18, 4:11*pm, "Tim Ward" wrote:

ARE PURE GLIDERS ON THE BRINK OF EXTINCTION?

You just wouldn't listen to the Militant Band of 1-26 Pilots, would
you?!?!?!?

Of...
Forum: Soaring June 13th 08, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
John Bojack

On Jun 13, 9:27 am, "John Bojack" wrote:
I'm alive and well!! (To the disappointment of my heirs and ex-wives.)

J4

All's well that ends well...I think.

-Pete
Forum: Soaring April 4th 08, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
Gliderport Dress Code

On Apr 3, 7:24 am, Raphael Warshaw wrote:
So when Jim Payne makes his Tehachapi to Harris Hill flight will he
have to change clothing (uniforms?) as he crosses the...
Forum: Soaring April 3rd 08, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
Gliderport Dress Code

This is going to put a serious dent in Cindy Brickner's tee shirt
business.

Ray Warshaw

No it won't. The "Ridge Dress Code" applies EAST of the Mississippi.
CALIFORNIA dress codes are have...
Forum: Soaring January 23rd 08, 07:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
GPS interference and contests

On Jan 22, 5:31 pm, wrote:
On Jan 22, 3:55 am, 309 wrote:

Or should I take up bowling, instead?
-Pete

Don't do it ! But if you do take up...
Forum: Soaring January 22nd 08, 09:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
GPS interference and contests

On Jan 21, 9:16 pm, Greg Arnold wrote:
Does the military ever tell anyone what area is affected by the jamming?
I don't see that in the NOTAM. It seems that would be...
Forum: Soaring January 22nd 08, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By 309
GPS interference and contests

On Jan 21, 9:22 am, ZZ wrote:
Now I ask, NOTAMS or not, why should it be legal for ANYONE to jam a
system which is used in air navigation? Pilots who are fortunate not...