King Mountain Safari Dates by [email protected]
June 24 - July 2, 2017 Big Mountains, Big Scenery, Big Distance Call John at 208-407-7174 to RSVP Free camping on the field. Free Oxygen for musicians who play at the Campfire! Sailplanes, Hang Gliders, Paragliders "All Birds are Welcome."
Today 07:39 AM
by ZP Go to last post
1 2 Soaring
I'm Looking for a new location SW USA? by Waveguru
With the passing of Roy Coulliette, the management here at Pleasant Valley Airport Arizona has changed and it is now unworkable for me. I think I would like to stay here in the Desert Southwest somewhere, but I'm willing to move if need be. Does anybody have any suggestions for where I might be...
by Bret Hess Go to last post
29 169 Soaring
Thinking about buying a DG400 by [email protected]
Hi everyone I'm thinking about buying a DG400 and I'm looking for opinions. It would be my first self launching glider and I would appreciate any advise. I've seen the market and the price range between 50.00 and 56.000€ with about 140 to 200h engine hours. I've been reading these days a lot...
Today 06:40 AM
by Bret Hess Go to last post
3 18 Soaring
Arcus-J video by airshowbob[_3_]
The Arcus-J is flying. Here is a video taken during its first few test flights in Moriarty: https://youtu.be/HQVWCASrZyw As most of you have probably seen, its first three OLC flights were pretty impressive, with a combined distance of ~4,300 km. It is certainly a testament to the exceptional...
WWGC by Duster
Sarah placed 2nd Day 2. 7 in Club Class outlanded. Great job! http://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/9th-fai-womens-world-gliding-championship-2017-zbraslavice-2017/results/club/task-2-on-2017-05-22/daily
Today 01:26 AM
by JS Go to last post
6 40 Soaring
Reserve altitude by [email protected]
Just double checking my understanding of the see you mobile, (Oudie) reserve altitude correction. If I set my reserve at 1000' and my target field is at 700' and my "Arrival Altitude" says 2700' ... does that mean I will arrive at 3700' essentially 2000 above the ground? Dennis DC
Becker AR4201 for sale by Jon Hall
I have just updated to a Becker AR6201 25/8.33 Mhz transceiver so the old AR4201 25 mhz is for sale. Serial Number 8209 the radio is in perfect working condition with no marks or damage. Looking for $300 including postage to the USA or similar to other countries. email me at jonmhall(at)me.com
Yesterday 10:22 PM
by Jon Hall Go to last post
1 7 Soaring
FS: Power FLARM Portable by Nick Gill
I have a Power FLARM Portable that came with the LS1F I purchased earlier this year. I am looking to remote mount it and would be better suited by the CORE version so I am placing my portable for sale. Just trying to cover the funds to replace it not looking for crazy money for it. Includes ADS-B...
Yesterday 07:48 PM
by Nick Gill Go to last post
0 7 Soaring
Letter to the FAA by Walt Connelly
Before I send my letter to the FAA I'd like to ask if anyone has ever attempted to get them to see the light and end the use of Schweizer hooks on tow planes here in the land of the free and the home of the brave. It is a well known fact and clearly stated in the SSA/SSF and FAA circulars and...
by Duster Go to last post
40 168 Soaring
ATC Privatization Gains Support by Larry Dighera
THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF GENERAL AVIATION? As if the cost of flying wasn't high enough already to thin the ranks of general aviation operations, greedy politicians continue to push USER FEES on GA for every service used. (I wonder if such a scheme could impact safety?) The current fuel-tax ATC...
Yesterday 07:04 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
1 53 Piloting
Kansas straight-out by Dan Daly[_2_]
Tony C and a few others are on a downwind dash. On gliderport; Tony's just past the OK/TX border. http://glideport.aero/map?p=GlidePort:389 I think he's in the Std Cirrus.
Yesterday 02:51 PM
by Tony[_5_] Go to last post
8 32 Soaring
Administration Wants Drone Shoot Down Authority by Larry Dighera
https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/Administration-Wants-Drone-Shoot-Down-Authority-229052-1.html Administration Wants Drone Shoot Down Authority By Paul Bertorelli As the drone industry gears up to produce technology to knock down their own products, they may find a big customer in the...
Yesterday 01:47 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 8 Piloting
SimplyKool Canopy Covers 15% off by Jim[_31_]
Cumulus Soaring's website has a 15% off Summer Sale through 4th of July on all SimplyKool silver reflective canopy covers and bags: http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/simplykool.htm
Yesterday 01:09 PM
by Jim[_31_] Go to last post