Forum: Soaring December 26th 18, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
13 meter class

Why did the PW5 energize the students/others so much more than the Russia? I've
flown both, and they seem nearly the same.

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (change ".netto" to ".us"...
Forum: Soaring December 25th 18, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
13 meter class

Senna,

Let me tell you my opinion about what 13.5 meters did for our Club.

For the longest time, we thought our members needed access to a single-seat 15-meter glider. With this, they could try...
Forum: Soaring December 9th 18, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
schweizer135 canopy

On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 10:00:05 AM UTC-7, Morris Carter wrote:
need complete canopy with frame, frame only, or plexiglass only.

Morris,

After checking my records, and keeping in mind...
Forum: Soaring December 7th 18, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
schweizer135 canopy

On Thursday, December 6, 2018 at 10:00:05 AM UTC-7, Morris Carter wrote:
need complete canopy with frame, frame only, or plexiglass only.

Morris,

When my 1-35 needed a canopy, I could not find...
Forum: Soaring November 19th 18, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Marco,

The news that I have is that my glider, roughly SN 12-15ish, should be completed around late spring to early summer. Dave Nelson's might be in production right now, maybe. Tom Holloran is...
Forum: Soaring November 19th 18, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Marco,

The news that I have is that my glider, roughly SN 12-15ish, should be completed around late spring to early summer. Dave Nelson's might be in production right now, maybe. Tom Holloran is...
Forum: Soaring November 19th 18, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 4:05:34 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Raul,
Did you receive your Jeta yet?
As you mentioned, there is not much official news from the company.... At one...
Forum: Soaring November 19th 18, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Marco,

The news that I have is that my glider, roughly SN 12-15ish, should be completed around late spring to early summer. Dave Nelson's might be in production right now, maybe. Tom Holloran is the...
Forum: Soaring November 15th 18, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Glider sightseeing flights

Bob,

At first review, 91.147 applies to AIRPLANES and HELICOPTERS. Per FAR Part 1, AIRPLANES, as used with respect to the certification, ratings, privileges, and limitations of airmen, means a broad...
Forum: Soaring August 26th 18, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
How high does your club tow?

Our Club is reworking towing height fees. We are based south of Denver (elevation 7,000' msl). Normal tow heights are to about 9,000-10,000' msl. We have new members who now are asking for tows to...
Forum: Soaring June 29th 18, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Emergency Exit

Dan,

As you said, "Not to change Dave's thread on leaving the Arcus," On every flight, we have training opportunities.

I like your comment to make "every exit after a flight a simulated exit."...
Forum: Soaring March 20th 18, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Recommendations for cataract surgery lenses for flying

Cataract surgery increases the chance of retinal detachment. If the doctor says to wait a few weeks before flying, consider waiting a bit extra.

Raul Boerner
Forum: Soaring February 24th 18, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Looking for Dennis Gallotti low-altitude visual effects letter

Just a few months ago there was a training article in SOARING magazine on pivotal altitudes. If this is what you are...
Forum: Soaring February 24th 18, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Looking for Dennis Gallotti low-altitude visual effects letter

Just a few months ago there was a training article in SOARING magazine on pivotal altitudes. If this is what you are thinking about, although not the author you are looking for, it is about how...
Forum: Soaring November 1st 17, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Posted question: "Why would factory/sales reps not post pictures and information like this regularly is a mystery to me?"

"Mystery" is putting it kindly. You are being a gentleman.

:)

In my...
Forum: Soaring October 31st 17, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Your question: How much will they be asking for the GP 15 JETA self launcher?

My answer: I may be the wrong person to answer, but I can tell you several facts about my purchase five months ago. The...
Forum: Soaring October 31st 17, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Here goes, my first forum photo post:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dbnw3xbe12821uc/AAD1bzwpWREX-TA72IcjUehPa?dl=0&m=
Forum: Soaring October 30th 17, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

On Monday, October 30, 2017 at 1:28:54 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Wow, that is really cool! Did you take any pictures?

I'm very interested in the company's products. The self-launching...
Forum: Soaring October 30th 17, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders:

Poland is a beautiful country, especially in early September. The purpose of this trip was to meet CEO Jerzy Peszke and tour the GP Gliders facility. The...
Forum: Soaring October 20th 17, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What is your club doing to recruit new contest pilots?

On Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at 9:48:56 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Just curious... what is your club doing to recruit new contest pilots?

Our Club, Black Forest Soaring Society, is...
Forum: Soaring August 5th 17, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
The Cobra

Bumper,

You asked for feedback: I have a 1989 Cobra trailer with the smaller extruded aluminum railing. The SRS did not fit inside the rail.

After speaking with you, and being pleased with your...
Forum: Soaring August 5th 17, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
The Cobra

Bumper,

You asked for feedback: I have a 1989 Cobra trailer with the smaller extruded aluminum railing. The SRS did not fit inside the rail.

After speaking with you, and being pleased with your...
Forum: Soaring July 19th 17, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fun Cobra trailer conversions?

During the Nephi OLC event, we set up chairs inside the open Cobra trailer. It was very comfortable to sit underneath the opened canopy, protected from the burning sun.

Someone mentioned that pilots...
Forum: Soaring March 21st 17, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Confor foam cushions - firmness?

Comfort is good, but safety is primary. I received a back injury from a hard landing; at that time, there was only one inch of Blue Foam under me. Cumulus-Soaring's website promotes proper cushioning...
Forum: Soaring February 11th 17, 06:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cobra trailer lettering paint?

Steve,

For what it's worth, my Cobra lettering is a decal. I can't address the painted-on question, but I can say that I had a printing shop duplicate the font and size. I removed the old decal...