Cheaper tows? by Tony[_5_]
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/07/cng-airplane/ could be perfect for a club towplane since we fuel up at the club field 99.9% of the time.
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
16 375 Soaring
ASW-19 Maximum Weight by Ouroboros
Hello. I'm looking for a sailplane with my partner and we've come across a very nice ASW-19 that we are interested in. The aircraft has a maximum pilot weight of 196 pounds, which my partner just barely squeaks under with a parachute and will probably be over with drinking water and any other...
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
15 54 Soaring
Bob Harris by [email protected]
Bob Harris passed away on Oct 6, 2018. He was 86 years old. Bob set the world gliding altitude record on Feb. 17, 1986 with a flight to 49,009 feet out of California City. This was the culmination of a sustained and extensive effort that had started 6 years earlier, first with a partner and later...
Towrope tensions....Part II by Retting
Looking for towrope tensions information applied during a typical AERO tow. Singles and twins up to 600kg/ 1500#. Perhaps testing was done back in the 60’s before Al Gore invented the internet. Prefer some numbers over methods of achieving. The Uganda Information Award is still in play .......
How does an aerotow rope break in two places? by son_of_flubber
True story. A couple years ago I ran the wing for a glider that aerotowed into rotor. The rope broke. Both aircraft and both tost rings made it back to the airfield. The rope broke at both ends. How is that even possible?
Today 02:55 AM
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
1 1 Soaring
FS: Schempp-Hirth Mini-Nimbus C by Rick Fuller[_3_]
1978 Schempp-Hirth Mini-Nimbus C (carbon fiber). 1029 hours. Experimental category, condition inspection July 2018, no damage history, new tinted canopy, winglets, L/D 41:1. Flap/dive brake interconnect. Instruments include vertical compass, Cambridge vario, Winter vario, Winter ASI, turn and...
Today 12:53 AM
by Rick Fuller[_3_] Go to last post
0 16 Soaring
FS: Schempp-Hirth Mini-Nimbus C by Rick Fuller[_3_]
1978 Schempp-Hirth Mini-Nimbus C (carbon fiber). 1029 hours. Experimental category, condition inspection July 2018, no damage history, new tinted canopy, winglets, L/D 41:1. Flap/dive brake interconnect. Instruments include vertical compass, Cambridge vario, Winter vario, Winter ASI, turn and...
Today 12:53 AM
by Rick Fuller[_3_] Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
US RACING PILOTS - FOUR DAYS LEFT TO GIVE VOICE TO YOUR VIEWS by Andy Blackburn[_3_]
Your opinion matters! We are at record levels of poll participation, but really want to hear from as many US racing pilots as possible. Anyone who has flown an SSA-sanctioned contest over the past three years is eligible to participate. Regional and occasional racers, we want to hear from you...
Yesterday 11:01 PM
by Andy Blackburn[_3_] Go to last post
0 7 Soaring
I am in the market for a new glider again by glider25
Hi guys, I am in the market for a new glider again. I am currently flying a Genesis 2 (2013) with a partner. I am looking for a glider for myself to start competing a little more. I am looking at the following gliders and would appreciate some input: PIK20D - wing mold profile problem Ventus A...
Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage by Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
Pictures and process for refinishing a ventus b fuselage. Work in progress pictures and process as work is completed. http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm Richard www.craggyaero.com
ASG32MI water ballast by Fassin Pierre
Hello, I am looking for some help concerning the water ballast in the TAIL of the ASG32. Don't know what happens but since some time now, it takes 45 minutes to fill or empty the 5 liters in the tail. It used to be 3 or 4 minutes... So, obviously, something blocks... I verified the cabling under...
Solution Manual Process Systems Analysis and Control (3rd Ed. DonaldCoughanowr, Steven LeBlanc) by [email protected]
I want "Solution Manual Process Systems Analysis and Control (3rd Ed. Donald Coughanowr, Steven LeBlanc)". Thanks
Yesterday 08:23 AM