What have we learned from all this? by Bob Kuykendall
At 23:55 05 April 2020, Gregg Ballou wrote: ...Yearly flu has a higher body count... Quick update: Some time in the next few days, US deaths from Covid-19 will exceed 200,000. That's in about 7.5 months since the first death reported in early February. --Bob K.
by Gregg Ballou[_2_] Go to last post
39 188 Soaring
Best Overall Motorglider available today? by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Didn't want to hijack the current FES tread so I thought I'd start a new one. This topic came up over dinner a couple of weeks ago. When you add all the following into a pot and stir, whats the "Best" Say for Western Great Basin flying. I think it may be the Carat, but I don't know much about...
by waremark Go to last post
76 401 Soaring
1970s glider operation Henderson NV by Jim S
I know there are many longtime glider pilots here, so maybe additional information is out there on this. I have a tow plane and glider that I fly on weekends and the inspiration originally started with a glider ride for me, a 7 year old kid back in the 70s. The airfield was in Henderson Nevada...
Soaring Graphic Design by John Seaborn[_3_]
Does anyone know of a good graphic design person for some contest related logo work?
Yesterday 06:13 PM
by John Seaborn (A8)[_2_] Go to last post
3 33 Soaring
Grob Twin Astir getting "stuck" in a slip by Kenn Sebesta
I was flying my club's Twin Astir and noticed that if I put it into the deepest slip I can, by first pushing the rudder all the way to the floor and then compensating for yaw by using opposite bank, the plane doesn't come out of the slip very willingly. I have to actually put opposite rudder to get...
by Michael Opitz Go to last post
19 93 Soaring
Hawaii Moving Forward To Close Dillingham by Larry Dighera
https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/hawaii-moving-forward-to-close-dillingham Hawaii Moving Forward To Close Dillingham Paul Bertorelli September 28, 20204 Businesses and users based at Hawaii’s scenic and historic Dillingham Airfield are marshaling support to reverse the state’s decision...
Yesterday 11:53 AM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 16 Piloting