Oudie gear warning? by [email protected]
Hey all - I just acquired an original Oudie and I have noticed a gear warning in the profile setup. Not mentioned in the manual and the previous 2 owners do not know about it. I have not noticed it trying to get my attention in the pattern either. I will ask Naviter next unless youze can fill me in.
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
29 80 Soaring
U. of Chicago COVID-19 interactive data visualization tool by 2G
The U. of Chicago has taken my infection rate metric (confirmed cases per million population) to the next level: interactive county-by-county visualization. This shows hot spots that state level data miss. Hot spots are counties with high infection rate that are surrounded by counties with elevated...
Battery switching without tears by 2G
On one of my flights last year I had to switch between my avionics battery and engine battery when the avionics battery voltage dropped too low (I had left the master on after the last flight and could only partially charge the avionics battery before launching). The switch over seemed to go okay,...
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27 by Bob Youngblood
What a surprise, just today my son brought me a great gift to fight off the flaming liberals at the gliderport. It is a Bulgarian AK47 with 2000 rounds of ammunition. Thank god that I raised this kid correctly, educated him and he achieved the status of a Structural Engineer, PE. He advised me to...
by 5Z Go to last post
101 200 Soaring
How About Story Time by [email protected]
Maybe this is a good opportunity for some of us to share some stories of our experiences. I'll go first.- During the regional at Harris Hill in 2013 I was flying K21 with grandson Calvin Mampe, Rachel Conklin, and her sister Michelle. All 3 had flown multiple contests with me before, 2 having...
by Jim Kellett Go to last post
14 75 Soaring
Soaring Not Dead Everywhere by [email protected]
Well soaring isn’t dead everywhere. Today we got 14 flights in, private ships, and all three of the 1-26’s and solo flights in the club blanik. Social distancing in order, wipe downs of the club birds and all had fun. We didn’t need any ventilators but we did get up close to 7,000ft, thats...
Cambridge Flight Recorder GPS-NAV Model 20 & Display & Cables & Disks8/03 on Ebay for sale by [email protected]
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cambridge-Flight-Recorder-GPS-NAV-Model-20-Display-Cables-Disks-8-03-Calib/202949800202 Is it worth $100 or more or less?? It works as it turns on like is is supposed to.
What have we learned from all this? by Bob Youngblood
Interesting situation that we are all faced with the last few weeks, things are more serious than we ever expected. I was having a great discussion last evening with my family member who is an Infectious Disease MD, the discussion was eye opening! This is a game changer, and China has much to blame...
by 2G Go to last post
24 59 Soaring
Condor is exasperating by jp
My difficulties with Condor may well be due to my using bootcamp into Windows 10 on my Mac. However, I have copied a new landscape directory into the c:/Condor2/Landscapes directory and it is not presented for selection on the Tasks screen. I also just purchased an additional glider (ASK-21) and...
Today 05:18 AM
by Paul Agnew Go to last post
5 19 Soaring
Great New Product Not Related to Soaring by Dan Marotta
Unless you fly an ASW-27 in the southeast US. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jwa5s9h6c9iaafz/FB_IMG_1586189573105.jpg?dl=0 -- Dan, 5J
Today 03:52 AM
by Ventus_a Go to last post
5 24 Soaring
FS Bose Aviation X Headsets by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
For a friend FS 3 BOSE AVIATION X HEADSETS EXCELLENT CONDITION DUAL PLUG $379 EA Contact Eliot Brown These would be good in your Motorglider!
Today 01:57 AM
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
2 15 Soaring
Used water bags- Free by [email protected]
Cleaning up stuff. I have a set of water bags that are surplus. Condition appears excellent Double wall 102 inches long 10 wide at inboard end and 8 inches outboard Vented at outboard end 3/4 exit. I think they are from an ASW-19. No photos Free to first person that can use them. You pay $20 toward...
If I Were Mayor of Saskatoon - Parts One and Two - By Dar Kabatoff by Daryl Kabatoff
If I Were Mayor of Saskatoon - Parts One and Two - By Dar Kabatoff April 6 2020 2:32 pm 35,430 words “The very concept of a nation founded by European settlers is offensive to me. Old stock White Canadians are an unpleasant relic, and quite frankly, replaceable. And we will replace them."...
Yesterday 09:43 PM
by Daryl Kabatoff Go to last post
0 27 Rotorcraft