Seminole-Lake Accident by Rich Owen[_2_]
Seminole-Lake Gliderport sadly announces we had a fatal glider accident today. The accident will be investigated by the FAA and NTSB, an inspector was on the scene today. We do not want to identify the pilot but he was flying a Standard Cirrus that he owned. He was NOT in the Senior Soaring...
Gliding in quarantine video by Emir Sherbi
A friend of mine made this great stop motion video. In Argentina we are in total lock down so he had plenty of time to do it. Enjoy!! https://youtu.be/l9eL9dBTXtw
4 12 Soaring
U. of Chicago COVID-19 interactive data visualization tool by 2G
The U. of Chicago has taken my infection rate metric (confirmed cases per million population) to the next level: interactive county-by-county visualization. This shows hot spots that state level data miss. Hot spots are counties with high infection rate that are surrounded by counties with elevated...
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
21 58 Soaring
Battery switching without tears by 2G
On one of my flights last year I had to switch between my avionics battery and engine battery when the avionics battery voltage dropped too low (I had left the master on after the last flight and could only partially charge the avionics battery before launching). The switch over seemed to go okay,...
by Tim Newport-Peace[_6_] Go to last post
52 81 Soaring
Mentorship for Women by [email protected]
Playing off the US success at the 2020 WWGC, our family is interested in partially sponsoring one or more mentorship activities to support the training of women glider pilots (for early phase, rusty, competitive, XC, aerobatic, demo flight, etc.). Unlike some other funding sources, the money would...
Oudie gear warning? by [email protected]
Hey all - I just acquired an original Oudie and I have noticed a gear warning in the profile setup. Not mentioned in the manual and the previous 2 owners do not know about it. I have not noticed it trying to get my attention in the pattern either. I will ask Naviter next unless youze can fill me in.
Newer Tost hydraulic brake issue by [email protected]
The Tost hydraulic brake cylinder mounted to my stick failed on my last flight. I've emailed Tost, but so far no response, which certainly might be virus related and therefore understandable. The brake worked fine before takeoff but before landing there was zero resistance when squeezing the...
Today 02:05 AM
by 2G Go to last post
1 17 Soaring
Condor is exasperating by jp
My difficulties with Condor may well be due to my using bootcamp into Windows 10 on my Mac. However, I have copied a new landscape directory into the c:/Condor2/Landscapes directory and it is not presented for selection on the Tasks screen. I also just purchased an additional glider (ASK-21) and...
Today 12:37 AM
by jp Go to last post
9 39 Soaring
What have we learned from all this? by Bob Youngblood
Interesting situation that we are all faced with the last few weeks, things are more serious than we ever expected. I was having a great discussion last evening with my family member who is an Infectious Disease MD, the discussion was eye opening! This is a game changer, and China has much to blame...
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
25 71 Soaring
O2, Question for medics. by FZ[_2_]
There are a few hundred oxygen masks and O2 tanks in a gliding community. Are those of any potential use in a CronaVirus emergency?
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27 by Bob Youngblood
What a surprise, just today my son brought me a great gift to fight off the flaming liberals at the gliderport. It is a Bulgarian AK47 with 2000 rounds of ammunition. Thank god that I raised this kid correctly, educated him and he achieved the status of a Structural Engineer, PE. He advised me to...
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post