Dust Devil Dash - Tehachapi on Saturday September 7th by [email protected]
The 2019 Dust Devil Dash is coming up on Saturday, September 7th at Mountain Valley Airport (L94) in Tehachapi, California This year marks the 35th year of this annual event. This is a one day straight out handicapped distance event. All sailplanes and sailplane pilots welcome. 2 place...
Today 06:05 AM
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
1 32 Soaring
Flaps/No flaps...practical difference?? by [email protected]
For simple long pleasure flights in the western US or for the rare flights in the Alps would I notice any real PRACTICAL difference between a Discus 2c and other flapped 18m ships? I have NO interest in competition. Thanks
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
31 180 Soaring
Rough outlanding in high corn by Dave Nadler
https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/190815092618-03-russian-plane-emergency-landing-0815-exlarge-169.jpg
by Maxx Ruff[_2_] Go to last post
12 70 Soaring
Tire pressure monitor by Phil King
Has anyone tried using a tire pressure monitor cap in place of a regular dust cap on a glider tire? There are at least two types - simple pneumatic ones that show green/amber/red or ones with wireless technology to display remotely. I'm thinking the simple one would be really useful provided...
by Steve Koerner Go to last post
25 83 Soaring
Tow plane types/mods for high density altitude glider towing by son_of_flubber
What are your favorite aircraft types (and modifications) for glider towing in high density altitude and/or short runways?
by George Underhill Go to last post
34 102 Soaring
Ooooops... by Dave Nadler
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-norway-crash/norways-first-electric-plane-crash-lands-on-lake-idUSKCN1V423N?il=0
schweizer 135 canopy by Morris Carter
Has anyone had a canopy made by Aircraft Windshields of Los Aliamitos, Ca
Yesterday 05:30 PM
by Bob Kuykendall Go to last post
3 31 Soaring
Dou Discus XL POH .pdf by Jonathan St. Cloud
Was hoping someone could Piont me to where I could download a Dou Discus XL POH ? Thank you
Yesterday 03:44 PM
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
3 37 Soaring
Mistral-C vs DG-100 by calin fagarasanu
Hi all! I know this kind of subject is boring and the gliders are old news but I am unable to decide which one to buy hence I am asking for help. There are so many other types but because I don't want to loose myself in too many details, I'd appreciate if you could help me compare this two only....
Yesterday 02:41 PM
by Senna Van den Bosch Go to last post