Search: Posts made by: Bob Noel[_2_]
Forum: Owning September 13th 09, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Stuck ident

brian whatcott wrote:
Take it to an avionics shop. Over many years of aircraft ownership
I've been known to open up a com radio or a VOR head and do some owner
maintenance but I have never...
Forum: Piloting July 27th 09, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
On pre-flight inspections

D Ramapriya wrote:
Has any of you has ever discovered something during the pre-flight
inspection that necessitated a significant deferrment of your flight
plan or a cancelation altogether? Just...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules July 25th 09, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
where did all the messages go?

Sam Spade wrote:
Huh? Did the TSA take them away?

what messages are missing?

what client are you using to read them?

what server are you using?
Forum: Piloting July 3rd 09, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Our 27th Consecutive Oshkosh -- anyone else going?

Robert Moore wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote
Dang, you made me go to Dictionary.com on that one. I'd never heard of
"toff" before...

Yes Jay,...my neighbors are from England and also speak...
Forum: Home Built July 2nd 09, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
America's Only Fly-In Pool Party is 7/25/09 -- You're invited!

vaughn wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s22...

Sorry to see that you are spamming again Jay. You go back on my...
Forum: Piloting July 1st 09, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Peace in rap!?

Ricky wrote:
[snip]

noticed that Bertie's & Max's account said something to the effect of
"...discontinued due to violating Google Groups terms of service..."

google said that even when insert...
Forum: Piloting June 19th 09, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Flight simulator

Dudley Henriques wrote:
I'm on a Mac so it's a double good hit for me as good news readers
for Macs are not as plentiful as they are for PC's.
Just throwing this out for general...
Forum: Piloting June 12th 09, 11:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
ATC Radar Question

Stealth Pilot wrote:

Mode C only provides 100 foot altitude resolution. bzzzzt!

Mode C provides a height eg 1252ft which is deemed only accurate to
100ft because the calibration errors are...
Forum: Piloting June 12th 09, 05:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
ATC Radar Question

Jackie wrote:
Clark wrote:
Jackie wrote in
:
[snip]
Does precision approach radar require a transponder to report...
Forum: Owning May 23rd 09, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Strategies for dealing with spam?

Morgans wrote:
Seems like this idiot posting things for sale that always has his name
starting with A but everything else the same has taken over the group.

Anyone got a strategy for...
Forum: Piloting May 15th 09, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Why haven't rental rates come back down?

Martin Hotze wrote:
I am still missing to stand at the rim of the Grand Canyon ... :-(

Well, I haven't made it there yet either. Some day I hope...
Forum: Piloting May 2nd 09, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Son's first solo!

Morgans wrote:
I'm a proud papa! My son had his tail feathers clipped yesterday, after he
made his required three complete solo circuits and landings, all nicely in
control and...
Forum: Owning January 15th 09, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Using car exhaust for engine Pre- heat??

wrote:
Greetings:

It's winter here in Tennessee a question for the group: If I took a
flexible Aluminim duct,/ hose hooked it up to my car exhaust pipe,
then put the...
Forum: Piloting January 14th 09, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Pilot crashes Piper Malibu to Fake own Death

Darkwing wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/13/missing.pilot

New use for GA, fake your own death!

Just another entry in "stupid pilot tricks". At least no one
got killed.
Forum: Piloting January 4th 09, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Extended full-power in small pistons

Viperdoc wrote:
What group would you suggest, since this one no longer involves flying?

any alt.* group that welcomes trolls and the, er, posters,
that encourage them, just as long as it's...
Forum: Piloting January 3rd 09, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Extended full-power in small pistons

John Smith wrote:
Viperdoc wrote:
There is no question that it would be ideal to have an aircraft engine
work like a car engine, e.g. FADEC. However, complexity also adds
further...
Forum: Owning December 26th 08, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Turbo Dakota question

Clark wrote:
Bob Noel wrote in :

Mike Noel wrote:
Happy Holidays to the group.

I would like to know more about the turbo...
Forum: Owning December 26th 08, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Turbo Dakota question

Mike Noel wrote:
Happy Holidays to the group.

I would like to know more about the turbo Dakota. I understand it was built
for only about a year around 1979-80 and has a TSIO-360 200 HP...
Forum: Owning December 19th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Problem accessing groups via aioe?

Mike Noel wrote:
I never could access it again. Now I'm using news.ett.com.ua .

Yep...I spoke too soon. It was up again for a very short time.
I'm using Martin Hotze's server for access to...
Forum: Owning December 16th 08, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Problem accessing groups via aioe?

Vaughn Simon wrote:
wrote in message
I haven't successfully accessed their server for several...
Forum: Piloting November 23rd 08, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Just checking in...how's everyone been?

Jay Honeck wrote:
and from the cultural perspective or from the way of living and doing
things?

One interesting (and refreshing) thing I observed about Germans (or,
perhaps, Bavarians)...
Forum: Piloting November 15th 08, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
What happened to Jay?

jeremy wrote:
Martin Hotze wrote:
jeremy schrieb:

BTW, which server and does it have alt.binaries.food

still no binaries; no excemption.
server is mine, check headers.

#m
Forum: Piloting November 13th 08, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
What happened to Jay?

Morgans wrote:

On an aviation note, my son has started back to work on his private ticket.
He got though college, (no time, no money) and is more determined than ever
to get his...
Forum: Piloting October 31st 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Jim Wier's article in Kitplane Mag.

RST Engineering wrote:
Turning JetBlue $1 a pop headphones into general aviation headphones for
another couple of bucks.

And the next installment would be turning them into ANR GA...
Forum: Piloting October 31st 08, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Bob Noel[_2_]
Jim Wier's article in Kitplane Mag.

Flyingmonk wrote:
I caught an article by Jim Wier in Nov.'s Kitplane Mag.

What is the subject of his article?