Forum: Soaring May 23rd 18, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soaring Spot

ohhhh Andy, you are waiting for it :) lol see you are not signed up for Ulvade what gives?
Forum: Soaring May 18th 18, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
A Simple Question About LiFePO4 Batteries

Greg used two flat clear pvc plates for top and bottom hot glued the round cells, 8 I believe, in stagared with two end clear pvc and bms board large shrink tubing over it all for the long sides and...
Forum: Soaring May 16th 18, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
A Simple Question About LiFePO4 Batteries

I have a friend that built several, 4 two for him and two for me 13.2 volt 11AH lifepo4 that used round cells and a bms circuit. for about $50 each that was the same size as the standard 12volt 7ah...
Forum: Soaring May 9th 18, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dittel FSG71 Radio / Squelch Questions

Thanks Jim, I hope your having fun in the Ventus, Sold mine, kinda miss it but enjoy the handling of the 27 :)
Forum: Soaring May 9th 18, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Spot or InReach ??

Im with Kirk on this one I too have a gen1 spot and I hook it over my parachute strap from inside out so my neck collar keeps it on if I should bail. Its basically just over half the cost of Inreach...
Forum: Soaring May 8th 18, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dittel FSG71 Radio / Squelch Questions

That makes sense. I was thinking that I would mark where the pot is now, turn it till it breaks squelch then go back past the mark and 30 degrees sounds like a good start.

Thanks
Cliff
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 18, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dittel FSG71 Radio / Squelch Questions

3U, I realize this is a very old thread but I also have a to low on occasion squelch issue with my FSG71M radio however getting it in and out is very difficult, so do you have any idea which way to...
Forum: Soaring April 25th 18, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mounting tires on 3" solid tailwheels

WD40 sprayed on the tire bead when installing helps immensely.
Forum: Soaring April 11th 18, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
King Mountain Safari!

Damn John, Now your gonna give away the secret, its gonna get tough to get them long flights in with everyine lining up early :) Cant wait, see you soon!

CH ASW27
Forum: Soaring April 6th 18, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Club Procedures for Late Day XC Flights

IIRC, back more than a few years ago when we had no tracking systems or cell phones We had a fairly new pilot trying for a gold distance flight out of Turf, while the rest of us were flying a racing...
Forum: Soaring April 5th 18, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Club Procedures for Late Day XC Flights

In years past on any given day in Prescott I would be the last one out and come back to an empty field. Not much of an issue as I have always flown with a Spot tracker and my significant other would...
Forum: Soaring April 4th 18, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FS: 5 Becker 4201 + 1 Becker 3201 + 1 Dittel FSG5 Handheld

Robert, I would be interested in that radio can you email me? cliffhilty at netzero dot net. I am using google groups and it hides your email from me.
Forum: Soaring March 31st 18, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Confusing SSA hand signals that should be changed

There are still places, as Jonathan has noted that still dont use radios in the tow plane let alone the gliders, I personally find that objectionable, but not to the point of refusing to fly there....
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 18, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
April AZ soaring?

Yes that is were Gary is and he will be providing tows. Come join us. We do this every year at this time. The Harquhala valley is very friendly landout options and moutains close by give good lift...
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 18, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
April AZ soaring?

Jonathan Your welcome to join us at Sampley airport in AZ anytime during the last two weeks in April. Ill have a few pilots from NY joining us on the 18th and leaving on the 30th and we are having...
Forum: Soaring March 21st 18, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted

So Andy,first let me thank you and all of the competition committee for your dedication to our sport. It is the definition of "thankless job" so I for one will buy you a beer next time we fly...
Forum: Soaring March 14th 18, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Goop / caulk recommendations

the 3m 5200 is what we used on my tail wheel skid it cures in about 12-24 hours if there is enough humidity. In AZ I had to drape wet towels over it. :) it is very sturdy an a little flexible. Best...
Forum: Soaring March 13th 18, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
$75,000 2-33

Uli, send your son 1.5 hours down to Prescott We have several Embry Riddle students and several 14-16 year olds learning gliders. And yes we only train in 2-33s as our fleet of blanik L13 is...
Forum: Soaring March 12th 18, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cockpit exit assist for older pilots

We used a inflatable blader with a hand pump for our late instructor to get out of his mini nimbus. worked well to raise him high enough to get his leg over the rail and almost able to roll out from...
Forum: Soaring March 11th 18, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ClearVav vs. LXNav

Hi Dan yes my 27 panel is full and I have the 196 on a ram mount of of the panel kinda the same as yours :)
Forum: Soaring March 9th 18, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ClearVav vs. LXNav

I agree with Darryl, I absoulutly love foreflight and they have added a glide amoeba which in the 170 I fly in it with, is one step closer to making it something I would put in my 27. I admittedly...
Forum: Soaring February 27th 18, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
GPS anetenna location OK in baggage area of a fiblerglass glider?

I fly out west with a Powerflarm and a garmin 196 with remote antennae.The antennae are seperated by at least a foot or so under the glare sheild. At first and for years I had the 196 feeding my...
Forum: Soaring February 27th 18, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
wanted used Ilec USB adaptor

yes When I bought one, if not the first one, they were that or higher, I just didnt want to have to buy another :(
Forum: Soaring February 26th 18, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
wanted used Ilec USB adaptor

Thanks Paul I have looked, and being a cheap glider pilot, had hopex to get it alittle cheaper. But having said that Im not to far from ordering :) I dont really need it till June as that will be...
Forum: Soaring February 26th 18, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
wanted used Ilec USB adaptor

Im still looking for a usb adaptor for an SN10B. just renewing the post to get it to the top again :)