Search: Posts made by: rstro
Forum: Aviation Photos December 24th 07, 03:38 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By rstro
SR71 Film

it is the Dr-71? Drone--it was an Mach 3 drone launched from the SR-71--a
couple of operational flights-but was not used much

anyone else have more info?

"whogoes" wrote in...
Forum: Naval Aviation July 14th 07, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By rstro
Sad sad story for the Tomcat fans (Caution, disturbing!)

Easy Harold-

just a little joshing-
I understand the maintenance issues and such--the avionics makes
sense --although the still have bugs(no pun intended) in the AESA
radar--don't they?
but you...
Forum: Naval Aviation July 13th 07, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By rstro
Sad sad story for the Tomcat fans (Caution, disturbing!)

I think it's sad that our own military cannor gaurantee that the parts would
remain at ARMAC-

are they scared Binny is going to sneak off with parts???

probably a Boing conspiracy to make sure...
Forum: Naval Aviation May 4th 07, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By rstro
Boeing Offers Additional F/A-18 Sale to U.S. Navy

tell that to the carrier group when Chinese cruise missles are coming over
the horizon-- remember the Super Bug's AESA radar still is not working
properly--so......are you tell me a Super Bug with...
Forum: Naval Aviation April 29th 07, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By rstro
Boeing Offers Additional F/A-18 Sale to U.S. Navy

scary thought-we can't trust them to make sure the parts stay here--so they
destroy them-
makes you wonder about security--

" wrote in message...
Forum: Naval Aviation April 28th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By rstro
Boeing Offers Additional F/A-18 Sale to U.S. Navy

actually that is incorrect-
a number( I have no idea how many) are marked as "War Reserves" and will be
manintained in storage at AMARC

" wrote in message...
Forum: Naval Aviation April 27th 07, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Posted By rstro
Boeing Offers Additional F/A-18 Sale to U.S. Navy

sure there is/.........
call ARMARC and get some real airplanes back in the Navy--F-14

"Henry J Cobb" wrote in message
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 12th 07, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By rstro
Berlin Airlift, IFR

so--in other words loaded transport aircraft returned across the Atlantic to
their home baese???? they couldn't have possibly carried enough fuel for
that???
"Sam Spade" wrote in...
Forum: Aviation Photos February 4th 07, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By rstro
Brazil Mid Air

jackass
"Conscious Pilate" wrote in message
G'day All,

from a friend

no enjoyment this time

Conscious...
Forum: Aviation Photos February 4th 07, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By rstro
Brazil Mid Air

jackass
"Conscious Pilate" wrote in message
G'day All,

from a friend

no enjoyment this time

Conscious...
Forum: Aviation Photos February 4th 07, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By rstro
Brazil Mid Air

AMEN