Search: Posts made by: Tim Taylor
Forum: Soaring May 9th 21, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
OLC scoring errors

Thanks for the responses.

I think Craig had the reason in rule 1.16. I over flew my flight trace from earlier to close the flight, but where I crossed the flight it is 1100 meters difference in...
Forum: Soaring May 9th 21, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
OLC scoring errors

I don't usually look closely at the OLC scores for flights but on a recent flight I was given a very short triangle that didn't make sense. When looking closely, I noticed that some legs were scored...
Forum: Soaring April 11th 21, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Butterfly Display V4.0 intermittent FLARMnet ID display - V4.1x3

Dave,

Everything worked well yesterday, I could see Flarm ID. Thank you for the update. Also, thanks for adding the PEV function. I did not know it was added until I downloaded the flight. I...
Forum: Soaring April 5th 21, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Vc gear difficulty

On Monday, April 5, 2021 at 5:49:19 AM UTC-6, Phoenix wrote:
Anyone have a solution as to why my gear is so VERY difficult to retract / extend on my Ventus c? It's the very last 10% trying to get...
Forum: Soaring March 27th 21, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Butterfly Display V4.0 intermittent FLARMnet ID display - V4.1x3

On Wednesday, March 17, 2021 at 3:18:13 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Hi All - I've found and fixed a couple more old bugs including this one.
Could use some help testing this prior general...
Forum: Soaring December 5th 20, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Oudie 2 profile examples

On Friday, December 4, 2020 at 6:00:08 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Been playing around with my Oudie 2, and the options to set the map and navigation boxes almost seem infinitesimal....
Forum: Soaring November 4th 20, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
First of the phony polls to be exposed: Florida

On Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at 9:21:10 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:
Pres. Trump has won Florida by 3.5 points.

The polls that got it RIGHT:
Trafalgar - Trump by 2
Fox - Trump by 1

The...
Forum: Soaring October 18th 20, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Barographs?

On Sunday, October 18, 2020 at 1:09:55 PM UTC-6, Jim S wrote:
10 year old thread but anybody know where to find a mechanical barograph? Thanks.
Just post a wanted ad like you did. There are about a...
Forum: Soaring September 16th 20, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Cleaning old bugs

On Wednesday, September 16, 2020 at 2:27:35 PM UTC-6, cuflyer wrote:
What's the best (safest) way to get year-old bugs off a gel wing?
I tried searching old posts, but I kept getting kicked out...
Forum: Soaring September 15th 20, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
GP 15 Jeta

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 9:09:14 PM UTC-6, Tom BravoMike wrote:

That number is not a Polish aircraft number - it is a Slovakian number which is assigned to another aircraft. The answer...
Forum: Soaring September 11th 20, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
The Blue Book, American Soaring Handbook

On Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 6:55:32 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Is this still a good reference today?
.... or is it outdated with much better information in the multitudes of...
Forum: Soaring September 11th 20, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Classifieds in Italy?

On Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 10:38:07 AM UTC-6, Roy B. wrote:
Try: www.voloavela.it
ROY

Also:

https://www.segelflug.de/index_e.html

Covers most of Europe.
Forum: Soaring September 2nd 20, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Survival Kits

On Wednesday, September 2, 2020 at 8:11:50 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Has anyone noticed how terribly impolite some can be on this site?

I attended all the USAF survival schools in...
Forum: Soaring August 26th 20, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Discus tail ballast leak

On Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 9:46:18 PM UTC-6, andy l wrote:
On Monday, 24 August 2020 at 17:19:46 UTC+1, Dee wrote:
Great feedback guys, thank you! I now have a source to order the...
Forum: Soaring August 10th 20, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
wing tape

The best tape is the 3M 483, but the price has gotten so out of hand that it is hard to justify. It will not sink in as much as the other tapes. One option is to make some thin mylar covers that...
Forum: Soaring August 8th 20, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
§ 61.87 (i)

Not a CFIG, but our expectation is that glider assembly and rigging is taught from day one of instruction. It starts with preflight inspection in the early flights discussing what to look for in...
Forum: Soaring August 4th 20, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Scoring when abandoning a contest turnpoint

US rules for a standard racing task gives points for maximum distance towards the next turnpoint. The scoring program determines how far you made it towards the turnpoint to calculate your total...
Forum: Soaring August 3rd 20, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
First Ridge Traverse - Wyoming Range, Wyoming

You know what they say: “You should have been here yesterday”. Hope you come back again soon.
Forum: Soaring August 3rd 20, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
First Ridge Traverse - Wyoming Range, Wyoming

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 8:06:20 AM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
Good job!

I flew from Driggs to Logan on July 31, 2014 in Tom Bjork's ASH-30mi.*
The maximum altitude for that flight was...
Forum: Soaring August 3rd 20, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
First Ridge Traverse - Wyoming Range, Wyoming

Like first ascents in climbing, first ridge traverses in soaring can be challenging. We had the pleasure today to do a first traverse on the Wyoming Range in western Wyoming, just south of Jackson...
Forum: Soaring July 25th 20, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Tim Taylor
Dr. Jack RAP BLIPMAP FORECASTS down?

From the Dr. Jack forum, he has updated the server and is having problems