18M/Opens Nats contest day 2 by [email protected]
We should have cu in most areas with bases eventually near 15000 ft. Winds from the west 15-20 knots. Much less chance for OD today. Primary assigned task for 263 miles. Launches underway-began at noon local
Today 01:38 PM
by gkemp Go to last post
4 24 Soaring
flight computer ergonomics and function by danlj
I'm curious. After two successive near-midairs about 5 years ago, I installed PowerFlarm and a transponder that wouldn't deplete my battery during flight. This required, due lack of panel space, that I give up my beloved ILEC S-10 flight computer (and its remote control). An Oudie IGC and and...
by RR Go to last post
20 83 Soaring
stowing horizontal stabilizer on tail boom in trailer by [email protected]
I have seen a glider trailer in which the aircraft's horizontal stabilizer is strapped to the glider's tail boom for storage and transport. I can't recall where I saw this, and a google image search did not yield any hits. At any rate, strapping the horizontal stabilizer to the tail boom is one...
by Matt McBee Go to last post
24 480 Soaring
LX NAV high def maps by Jonathan St. Cloud
I had downloaded and installed the High Definition maps on a LX 9070. However by accident I deleted it. I reloaded, but I cannot seem to get it to display. The system is only showing CTV2 maps. So I loaded the high def maps again, Again, same result no Hi def maps even though the high def is...
Yesterday 05:55 PM
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
0 14 Soaring
Day 2 Region 8 Ephrata Wa by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Task: West Start Mansfield 20 mile radius Seven Bays 20 mile radius Odessa 15 Mile radius The forecast was for it to be blue and kinda windy. It was 99% Blue but not windy. Just a very few short lived little Cu. Just as the launch started a fairly strong wind from the south came through and we...
Yesterday 04:48 PM
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
3 25 Soaring
FLARM Core boot time? by AS
Hi all in Glider-Land! Does anyone have a good number for how long it takes or the FLARM Core to boot up? Background: I am trying to update my Butterfly 57mm round display to the latest revision. The instructions say to connect the USB stick with the update file to the FLARM port, push and hold the...
Yesterday 04:40 PM
by George Haeh Go to last post
8 24 Soaring
Day 1 Hobbs. 18M/Open Class nats. by [email protected]
18M/open Nats Hobbs 1st contest day; Same 4 hour TAT both classes Early grid time 11 am Nice day with 6-8 knots up to 15000 ft cloud bases Cu in much of area. Small chance T storms. Posted by Leigh For you fans who don't use FB, CD will put up the task specifics after the launch on the SSA...
Yesterday 04:16 PM
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
8 45 Soaring
Need help testing new SN10 firmware by Dave Nadler
Ideally with an SN10 connected to PowerFLARM with IGC license. Contact me offline if you're able to test in next couple weeks, Thanks, Best Regards, Dave
Yesterday 04:13 PM
by Dave Nadler Go to last post