18M/Opens Nats contest day 2 by [email protected]
We should have cu in most areas with bases eventually near 15000 ft. Winds from the west 15-20 knots. Much less chance for OD today. Primary assigned task for 263 miles. Launches underway-began at noon local
Today 01:38 PM
by gkemp Go to last post
4 26 Soaring
flight computer ergonomics and function by danlj
I'm curious. After two successive near-midairs about 5 years ago, I installed PowerFlarm and a transponder that wouldn't deplete my battery during flight. This required, due lack of panel space, that I give up my beloved ILEC S-10 flight computer (and its remote control). An Oudie IGC and and...
by RR Go to last post
20 84 Soaring
stowing horizontal stabilizer on tail boom in trailer by [email protected]
I have seen a glider trailer in which the aircraft's horizontal stabilizer is strapped to the glider's tail boom for storage and transport. I can't recall where I saw this, and a google image search did not yield any hits. At any rate, strapping the horizontal stabilizer to the tail boom is one...
by Matt McBee Go to last post
24 481 Soaring
LX NAV high def maps by Jonathan St. Cloud
I had downloaded and installed the High Definition maps on a LX 9070. However by accident I deleted it. I reloaded, but I cannot seem to get it to display. The system is only showing CTV2 maps. So I loaded the high def maps again, Again, same result no Hi def maps even though the high def is...
Yesterday 05:55 PM
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post