Search: Posts made by: Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Forum: Soaring Today, 01:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
SeeYou Training Videos

Good job Dave
Thanks for doing this!
One problem I'm having is..
I've created a bunch of tasks in Seeyou and I'm having a problem loading them into my Oudie
Any suggestions?
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 19th 20, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Crazy Idea # 54-1A i.e. Erase all State Soaring Records every 10 years..

John and Mark
Did you guys take the time to read my latest's post?
I'm suggesting keeping track of a Yearly Best and print those up in Soaring
Thats it
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 18th 20, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Crazy Idea # 54-1A i.e. Erase all State Soaring Records every 10 years..

OK
The reason I'm pursuing this is to purely promote soaring, thats it, period.

People get bored and drop out as we know. I Want to try and slow that trend down.

How about this idea, State record...
Forum: Soaring May 18th 20, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

After reading all the secondary type release options I think I'm with AS.
Either have a Tost Release or a inverted Schweitzer release that could very quickly be operated electrically from a switch on...
Forum: Soaring May 16th 20, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
task not completed ClearNavII

Whatta mean the CN2 doesn't text all my friends that I finished my task?
What kinda BS flight computer is that??
Do you live in a cave?
Its 2020 if you haven't noticed.
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 15th 20, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
FAA Wings Saftey Program

Sorry in advance, I'm sure this has been hashed over before here BUT:

Does or when does participation in the FAA Wings program exempt me from having a BFR or whatever they call it these...
Forum: Soaring May 15th 20, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

Ya Know JJ Thats a interesting idea
Another major problem, I think, is when the glider starts really kiting like in this Byron accident, is that it puts quite a pull on the rope and radically slows...
Forum: Soaring May 13th 20, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Refugio TX Record Camp RE1

Dan
Good Luck with your record camp.
Do you a good weather man yet?
Walt Rodgers or Gary Osoba could really help you guys out.
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 13th 20, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

Dashcam video of this tragic accident
This is out on the internet now

https://photos.app.goo.gl/X9E3c7JDwnyMBMLw6

Nick
Forum: Soaring May 13th 20, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
PLB Spot InReach Webinar 5-12-2020

I just wanted to comment on the SSA webinar last night with Cindy B David L Bruno V and put together by John De Rosa

Thanks for all who put these webinars together!

It seemed to me that John DeRosa...
Forum: Soaring May 12th 20, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
2014 Pictures of a Glider Mid-Air and Bailout

I'm glad that old guy got out OK
Cracks me up how they keep saying " The wing fell off"
The media can get it soo wrong!
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 11th 20, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

I've flown Low Tow on both ends of the rope in Australia
It works up high. Its kinda weird for the glider pilot. Its a very different sight picture.
But, when the tug is 50' in the air, during the...
Forum: Soaring May 11th 20, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

Couple of observations from the cheap seats.

1. This has been a ongoing problem with NO solution since the first aerotow ever.
I wonder when the first tug upset fatality took place, in the...
Forum: Soaring May 10th 20, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

Watching that video of the wreck is shocking.
Its crazy how quickly aero towing can go sideways.
Thoughts and prayers to all involved.
Nick T
Ex tow pilot.
Forum: Soaring May 9th 20, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Hisense A5 e-Ing phone

I understand the word and meaning of FREE
Free is great!
I need, want and will use more Free stuff!

But I gladly pay for my Seeyou software stuff

Seeyou desktop is NOT free but you only need to buy...
Forum: Soaring May 8th 20, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Hisense A5 e-Ing phone

Don't want to offend anyone or step on any toes, but you guys have heard of a Naviter device called a OUDIE haven't you?

Works GREAT
Not too expensive

Full of goodies
Nick
Forum: Soaring May 8th 20, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Glider Fire Sale

Not quite sure I'd call it a MASSIVE fire sale but I believe prices will be coming down, quite a bit, on used ships.
Huge unemployment is here now and getting worse daily, and its only I'm afraid to...
Forum: Soaring May 7th 20, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
where in the usa can gliders be flown year round

Dillingham Field In Hawaii
I recently read somewhere that the state is tryin to close it thou.
I've never flown there, but I bet its nice and warm.
And lots of other things to do when your not...
Forum: Soaring May 6th 20, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
OLC/ Open Distance meet Odessa Tx?

Jonathan
I think to max out long distance flights you need a couple of aspects; One is the ability to get away early in the day and two, landable terrain downwind in case you bomb out say 10-70 miles...
Forum: Soaring May 5th 20, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
How About Story Time

VAL AIR DURANGO COLORADO FIELD CHECK FLIGHT

I go down to Val Air to fly my Asw 20 and I was kinda surprised that they tell me I'm going to have to take a field check flight first.
I had actually...
Forum: Soaring May 5th 20, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
OLC/ Open Distance meet Odessa Tx?

Hey all
I've always been intrigued by Wally Scott and Co and all the open distance flights they did.
Would pilots be interested in having a meet at Odessa or ? and have a OLC contest and then when...
Forum: Soaring May 5th 20, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
How About Story Time

VAL AIR DURANGO COLORADO CHECK OUT FLIGHT

I go down to Val Air to fly my Asw-20. I knew Beverly and LaVerne St. Clair and actually interviewed with then to be a commercial ride pilot.
So I was a...
Forum: Soaring May 3rd 20, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
How About Story Time

SGS
No these Marfa Shear Waves have nothing to do with the Dry Line.
Or Cu.
As I recall we were almost always in the blue, and at the top of the Thermal, you would keep the nose up and poke around...
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 20, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Nick Kennedy[_3_]
How About Story Time

Thanks to all those who threw in there 2 cents about Shear Waves.

I've experienced almost all the described different Thermal, thermal induced waves etc. Cu induced waves..
But these are NOT the...