More 3's? by [email protected]
With tried and true Ventus 3 and JS3, wonder how long before the ASG-33?
Today 02:42 AM
by Andrzej Kobus Go to last post
2 9 Soaring
What a race in Chile today!!! by [email protected]
Kawa in 1st. Two JS-1s, then a V2, then a V3. All within 5 seconds, identical avg speed for all four!!!
Today 02:11 AM
by Michael Opitz Go to last post
6 6 Soaring
Tying down a fiber glass ship. by [email protected]
Don’t have a hangar, so planning on tying down the glider, a standard cirrus, during the weekend. Has any one done this consistently. How bad did the gel coat deteriorate; any tips?
by Collin Shea Go to last post
10 27 Soaring
Electric Towplane sets a new climb record by Nick Kennedy
Is this the future? No more shock cooling here! https://newatlas.com/siemens-airbus-electric-plane-world-record-glider/48806/
Looping a standard cirrus by [email protected]
Who has done a loop in a standard cirrus? Any comments or hints. Currently getting some acro training with the goal of looping my cirrus.
Closing 2018 Andes Open along with 8th WSGP Vitacura, Chile. by [email protected]
Let's be accurate, Tom. Beautiful BLIND French woman wants you for an interview.
Yesterday 06:29 PM
by Steve Leonard[_2_] Go to last post
2 35 Soaring
David Clark Headsets? by [email protected]
I have recently come into possession of three David Clark headsets. I have two h10-40's & one h10-20. I am not a pilot , so I am selling them. I will take $100 a piece or $250 for all three. If you are interested please send an e-mail to me at Thank You...
0 8 Piloting
Yesterday 04:36 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 7 Aviation Photos
China Is Hard At Work Developing Swarms Of Small Drones With Big Military Applications by Miloch
more at http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/17698/chinas-is-hard-at-work-developing-swarms-of-small-drones-on-multiple-levels A mass drone attack on Russian forces in Syria has highlighted the very real danger that small unmanned aircraft increasingly pose, even in the hands of non-state groups....
Yesterday 04:34 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 5 Aviation Photos
FOR SALE ASI by Ken
Winter 80mm Air speed indicator marked for ASW 27 $200. both excellent cond. Winter 80 mm Air speed indicator from Discus 2cT $200 2 Instrument panels 1 ASW 27B 1 Discus with cut-outs (pictures on request) $100 each
Yesterday 03:45 PM
by Ken Go to last post
0 7 Soaring
Nelson A-4 Flow Meters by [email protected]
Please tell me what kind of regulator should be used with the Nelson A-4 Flow Meter - constant flow system - ? And does anyone have one for sale ? Please advise - thanks in advance - Ralph Woodward
4 21 Soaring
Want to trade... by Matt Herron Jr.
I have a 57mm Winter ASI (no markings) that I would like to trade or barter for an 80mm Winter ASI, Preferably with ASW27 markings. Matt
When to get a parachute? by John Foster
I will be starting glider flying lessons this year once the weather warms up sufficiently, and am wondering at what point I should consider getting a parachute. I also plan to get my own glider, hopefully sooner than later, but will obviously need to be a certified glider pilot before that...
Oct 2017 publication - Dynamic Soaring - Albatross - Full text by son_of_flubber
For your winter reading pleasure... http://rsif.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/14/135/20170496?ijkey=08c89f158d9ce14537b37cb4e47d098c4169ddbd&keytype2=tf_ipsecsha
Yesterday 06:52 AM
by bumper[_4_] Go to last post
5 34 Soaring
1 Attachment(s) The World's Biggest Passenger Airplane Might Soon Be Dead - Airbus A380.jpg by Miloch
https://jalopnik.com/the-worlds-biggest-passenger-airplane-might-soon-be-dea-1822098940 The Airbus A380 weighs over 300 tons empty and, as of the year of our Lord 2018, is the worlds biggest passenger airliner still in production. Alas, all things must die and, as The New York Times reports, the...
Yesterday 05:25 AM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 13 Aviation Photos
Anyone having trouble upgrading firmware in an LXNAV s80? by Matt Herron Jr.
I install the upgrade file on the SD card. I restart the S80. It asks me if I want to upgrade. I select upgrade. The unit shuts off and never reboots. I turn on the unit and the firmware is the same. Any advice welcome. thanks, Matt
Yesterday 04:56 AM
by Matt Herron Jr. Go to last post