Search: Posts made by: Chris Wells
Forum: General Aviation January 5th 10, 09:54 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
Gives a new meaning to the word,...

Gives a new meaning to the word, "groundbreaking". Looks as fake as Glenn Beck.
Forum: Aviation Marketplace September 24th 09, 02:15 AM
Posted By Chris Wells
Haven't any of you people seen a competition...

Haven't any of you people seen a competition glider? Turbulator strips are used constantly, and are proven to work, on wings, props, turbines & in combustion chambers. When they're in the right spot,...
Forum: Simulators May 23rd 08, 02:07 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
Wow, thanks a lot, I can see things have...

Wow, thanks a lot, I can see things have improved...could you possibly post pics of the area around Hampton Beach, and/or Haverhill, MA around LWM?

I think I'll be getting a copy of FSX as soon as...
Forum: Simulators March 27th 08, 11:45 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
FSX owners...New England screen shots?

I bought FS 2004, and was severely disappointed at how unrealistic the scenery in my neck of the woods is...the mighty Merrimack is a trickle, and invisible in some areas, and overall the ground...
Forum: Home Built January 21st 08, 09:44 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
You know, the strongest argument against the...

You know, the strongest argument against the technological viability is the lack of military interest. If skycars were practical, the Army would have a ton of them, of all different sizes.
Forum: General Aviation December 19th 07, 02:32 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
Surely there must be someone here who knows...we...

Surely there must be someone here who knows...we have no aerodynamicists?!?
Forum: Piloting December 19th 07, 02:27 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
The one only a complete idiot (or a troll) could...

The one only a complete idiot (or a troll) could miss.
Forum: Soaring December 16th 07, 07:01 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
This is exactly how I learned to fly hang...

This is exactly how I learned to fly hang gliders. I mostly use my ears, but the bar pressure is also important. It also helps to have a helmet with earholes in it - you can sometimes hear which side...
Forum: General Aviation December 16th 07, 06:52 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
This thread is messed-up...these posts belong in...

This thread is messed-up...these posts belong in another thread, yet the reply bar has the right title...
Forum: General Aviation December 14th 07, 10:49 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
The references say it was the last...

The references say it was the last lightning-caused crash in the US...
Forum: Home Built December 14th 07, 10:46 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
Nope, nothing to do with looking at the ground....

Nope, nothing to do with looking at the ground. Here's a hint: you're making an incorrect assumption, and earlier in this thread there's a post related to the reason.
Forum: Soaring December 14th 07, 01:41 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
What about "Extraordinary Popular Delusions...

What about "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds"? That's still in print...
Forum: Home Built December 14th 07, 01:00 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
This site, while useful for those having...

This site, while useful for those having difficulty with the concept of different frames of reference, is actually wrong. Downwind turns ARE different, though perhaps only for ultralights and other...
Forum: General Aviation December 12th 07, 11:15 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
Also, this thread is about twin prop rotation -...

Also, this thread is about twin prop rotation - you want the lightning thread, not the Lightning thread :)

I figure the way the slipstream works, outward-turning props would tend to exert an...
Forum: General Aviation December 12th 07, 10:49 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
Hmmm...all the articles indicate it happened in...

Hmmm...all the articles indicate it happened in the US...I looked through the NTSB database but came up with squat.
Forum: Soaring December 12th 07, 06:09 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
Of course, it doesn't help that the AOA control...

Of course, it doesn't help that the AOA control is called an "elevator", leading one to believe that it makes you go up & down - I've also seen a zillion references in TV & the movies that reinforced...
Forum: General Aviation December 12th 07, 05:54 AM
Posted By Chris Wells
Twin engine prop rotation?

What are the aerodynamic implications of prop rotation on a twin? I was reading an article about the development of the P38, and apparently they changed the prop rotation from "inwards" to "outwards"...
Forum: General Aviation December 12th 07, 05:49 AM
Posted By Chris Wells
1967 Lightning strike crash?

I'm reading some articles on aircraft lightning strikes, and most mention an incident in 1967 when an airplane was brought down by lightning; however I can't find info on this crash. Can anyone tell...
Forum: Home Built November 22nd 07, 01:13 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
Ok, say I build one to register as an LSA, then...

Ok, say I build one to register as an LSA, then get a Sport Pilot licence (or vice versa). Can I get plans somewhere? How do these planes behave?
Forum: Home Built October 7th 07, 04:38 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
I know, it was supposed to be a joke.

I know, it was supposed to be a joke.
Forum: Home Built October 7th 07, 12:21 AM
Posted By Chris Wells
Or using large vats of mercury.

Or using large vats of mercury.
Forum: General Aviation August 31st 07, 06:38 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
Is Moller at it again?

There's video of a tethered "flying saucer" in flight, with a typically clueless anchorperson describing it. The company building it is in California, and Annie Anchor said they would only fly 10'...
Forum: General Aviation July 19th 07, 09:19 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
CAFE race results?

Is there somewhere I can view the results of all the CAFE races?
Forum: Home Built July 16th 07, 07:17 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
Dickhead crossposted too.

Dickhead crossposted too.
Forum: General Aviation June 29th 07, 11:28 PM
Posted By Chris Wells
Alaska is incredibly beautiful. So are those...

Alaska is incredibly beautiful. So are those Super Cubs. These guys have dream jobs. :)

Thanks for the pics, very nice. I am currently reading Wager with the Wind.