Search: Posts made by: Paul Agnew
Forum: Soaring July 18th 18, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
ASW 19 Instrument Panel CAD Drawing

There are some CAD files available on the ASW19 Yahoogroup in the Files section.

Paul A.
Forum: Soaring July 17th 18, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Cockpit digital displays

Before we rehash old discussions, please read through this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!searchin/rec.aviation.soaring/Iphone/rec.aviation.soaring/3S14WbEcO_c

There has been...
Forum: Soaring July 13th 18, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
New low budget two seater

Definitely not low-budget, but it looks like the venerable ASK-21 has gotten an upgrade to the ASK-21B.

https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/neu-b-version-der-ask-21/
Forum: Soaring June 30th 18, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Emergency Exit

I'm curious about BRS system deployed when the aircraft/glider is spinning. Structural failures or loss of flight controls/wings in a midair could lead to an unrecoverable spin. Would it be better...
Forum: Soaring June 30th 18, 04:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Quiet Vent

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 10:06:27 PM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:

Bumper only wishes he would have done the Mark VIII ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEJJb_ufo8A&feature=youtu.be
Forum: Soaring June 30th 18, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Any details on Nephi incident?

Have they recovered the glider, yet?
Forum: Soaring June 29th 18, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
XC Soar quick setup for local flights

Have you downloaded the manual? There is guidance for first time use that may help.

PA
Forum: Soaring June 26th 18, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Stall, spin fatality today in Arizona.

What's the general culture out there? Do guys sit around hangar flying and bragging about their latest low saves? Could his decision to try a low save have been influenced by seeing others do so or...
Forum: Soaring June 23rd 18, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Stall, spin fatality today in Arizona.

Condolences to you and his family. Tough to hear of another loss.

Paul A.
Forum: Soaring June 23rd 18, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Any details on Nephi incident?

Another news article.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46347968&nid=148&title=its-a-miracle-to-us-that-theyre-both-alive-2-walk-away-after-bailing-from-falling-glider

PA
Forum: Soaring June 22nd 18, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Any details on Nephi incident?

Without getting into baseless speculation, has anyone heard anything about why they had to bailout?

PA
Forum: Soaring June 22nd 18, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Any details on Nephi incident?

Yes, you can get a ram-air chute. I think their statement is perfectly clear. Get training or have skydiving experience with a ram-air chute and we'll sell you one. Not much ambiguity that I see....
Forum: Soaring June 22nd 18, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Any details on Nephi incident?

Rough spot to land under silk, indeed.

Very happy to hear Dave Nadler and his rider are okay. I hope we get a good debrief on what happened when he's up to it.

I had a blast and gained a lot...
Forum: Soaring June 19th 18, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Questions for SGS 2-33 Operators

Jason at Arizona Soaring has new interior panels. See his ad in the back of Soaring magazine.

Paul A.
Forum: Soaring June 15th 18, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
New low budget two seater

Meanwhile, the jigs for the Peregrine (Krosnos) are just sitting in shipping containers somewhere in Georgia. Could it be produced cost-effectively?

PA
Forum: Soaring June 15th 18, 06:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Using a Telsa or other power train to make the ultimate winch.

Wasn't there an article in Soaring proposing using the sled from a salvaged Tesla for a winch?

Paul A.
Forum: Soaring May 31st 18, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Trailer license problem

FWIW - you can order trailer ID tags, engraved or blank, from Ebay or Amazon. Putting one on the trailer might help some of you with your local requirements.

Paul A.
Forum: Soaring May 31st 18, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
1202 Transponder Squawk Code - In a Tow Plane?

When we were using a tow plane with a transponder, I spoke with Vero Beach tower and they agreed that having the tow plane squawk 1202 made sense if it was on a towing mission. And, no need to...
Forum: Soaring May 21st 18, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Glide computer in certified glider

Fuel for the fire. I found this letter from the FAA Milwaukee FSDO in response to an inordinate number of Form 337s being filed for radio installations. It may be old, but I don't know of any change...
Forum: Soaring May 21st 18, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Glide computer in certified glider

It's a suckers bet. I have no doubt that you can find someone at a FSDO that will agree with you. I also have no doubt that Darryl can find many more FAA Inspectors that will agree with him.

As a...
Forum: Soaring May 21st 18, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
2-33 salvage

https://www-265.aig.com/AviationSalvage/salvagelist.aspx
Forum: Soaring May 9th 18, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Moving Gliders

I've seen that before and it doesn't answer the questions.

PA
Forum: Soaring May 9th 18, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Moving Gliders

Best practices for moving gliders around?

Stacking the hangar...

Staging...

Clearing the runway...

Forum: Soaring May 8th 18, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Iran and GPS etc

That is an Evel Knievel Snake River Canyon grade leap of logic to try to inject politics into our glider safety debate.

Alas, Evel didn't make it, either.
Forum: Soaring May 7th 18, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Paul Agnew
Why no

I tested an XGPS170 Dual with the Avare app on my Android phone yesterday and found it helpful, but a little lacking. Avare allows "filtering" of ADS-B traffic at 10,000ft or 100,000ft ranges and I...