Jonker JS-3 in Sagebrush by [email protected]
Any news on new Jonker JS-3 Landing in Sagebrush, short of runway 30 @ Minden?
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
29 143 Soaring
Sun Protection While Soaring - UPF 50+ Clothing by JDS
While looking at the UV damage done to the gelcoat on my glider, it reminds me how much UV radiation we are exposed to while soaring. Particularly out west! Coolibar (no affilation) is in the Sun Protection Clothing business. Take a look at their website. They are making some great products...
Today 12:13 AM
by D S Go to last post
7 18 Soaring
Tony Condon JS3 - Downwind Hutchinson to Gulf Coast ... Now by WaltWX[_2_]
Follow on SSA Sailplane Tracker https://www.ssa.org/sailplanetracker/default.asp? Already east of Oklahoma City SSE bound. Should arrive by 6-7pm with 25kt tail wind. Walt Rogers WX
Yesterday 11:58 PM
by WaltWX[_2_] Go to last post
8 4 Soaring
Taurus glider for sale by [email protected]
In the Wings and Wheels classified ads there is listed a Taurus selflaunch glider for sale. Originally it was N797SD, sn 107T503LSA. Currently carrying a different N number and serial number, but it is the same glider. This Taurus was involved in a hangar fire about 4 years ago in Memphis, Tn. ...
Undershoot Vs. Overshoot airport landing accidents by [email protected]
I always assumed that there are more overshoot airport accidents than undershoot ones. That is mainly due to our general knowledge that it's better to be too high than not high enough. Am I correct here ? Dan
by son_of_flubber Go to last post
32 80 Soaring
Panel face blanks by soaringjac
Any recommendations on where to buy premade panel face blanks? Or someone who can make on for me? Looking for a blank panel face for Grob 102 Astir CS Thanks!
Yesterday 09:04 PM
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
5 28 Soaring
Pre Buy Inspection at El Tiro Gliderport by [email protected]
Can anyone provide a reference for someone that can do a pre-buy inspection at El Tiro Gliderport? I've already seen the glider in person and feel its a safe purchase but wanted to get a second opinion if I could. My two main concerns are the ballast system working after 10+ years of not being...
Yesterday 07:38 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
1 20 Soaring
Thermik2go by Klinkenberg
https://www.diemotec.com/
Yesterday 07:31 PM
by Soartech Go to last post
4 70 Soaring
Grob 102 Tail Dolly by [email protected]
I am in search of a tail dolly for a Grob 102 Standard Astir III IMI sells various tail dolly’s including several that fit the Grob Astir CS, Astir Jeans, and Astir 77. Would anyone know if these might also fit the 102 Standard Astir III? Same fuse or different? Thanks in advance. Scott
Yesterday 02:45 PM
by AS Go to last post
6 23 Soaring
Some LiFePO4 Battery Testing Results Manual and Automated by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Every year I test my two LiFePO4 batteries to gauge how long they will last during a flight. I decided to open the field a bit and also tested some soaring friend's batteries. You can read about my simple cheap manual process (later automated - see below) here ...