Search: Posts made by: Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe
Forum: Piloting September 6th 10, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
should I become familiar with glass?

"sambodidley" wrote in message

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk @See My Sig.com wrote

I would point out...
Forum: Piloting September 5th 10, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
should I become familiar with glass?

Fly what ever you find most comfortable. The differences between are pretty
minor in the grand scheme of things.

I would point out that all three of the aircraft you mention have the
tailwheel on...
Forum: Piloting August 17th 10, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Alaska Crashes Should Serve To Remind All Pilots That Mother Nature Is Always In Char

"Morgans" wrote in message

In this crash I wonder if there was any avionics on board that displays
terrain warnings, even...
Forum: Piloting August 4th 10, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stability augmentation promises to give you even less control

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
It's a bit like having a silent copilot who does things whenever he deems
them
appropriate...
Forum: Home Built July 24th 10, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
I can hear OSH tower but what about Fisk?

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
I can hear OSH on LiveATC.net, but does anyone know if there is any
station broadcasting...
Forum: Piloting July 12th 10, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
TCO for small aircraft

"a" wrote in message

Bob, your out of pocket numbers are fine, but it's also realistic to
include a...
Forum: Piloting July 6th 10, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.student
Redbird's new full-motion, low-cost flight simulator

"Mike Ash" wrote in message
Hmmm, $58,800.... For that much, I could buy my glider outright (no
partnership) and...
Forum: Piloting June 30th 10, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
How not to fly in the mountains

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
See

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRJ1Dm2-zTw

Yea. He spend way too much time head down...
Forum: Piloting June 30th 10, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
making a comeback

"Stephen!" wrote in message
"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk @See My Sig.com wrote in
Forum: Piloting June 28th 10, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
making a comeback

Me, not this newsgroup...

New (to me) airplane is paid for (LSA amateur built taildragger (Merlin
GT)) and waiting for me to get current to come get it. Hangar is sitting
empty.

The instuctor...
Forum: Home Built June 16th 10, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Knock sensor

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
manufacture thousands of identical engines, as they would only have
needed to vary the...
Forum: Piloting May 13th 10, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
On Topic

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
No hopes, dreams, or pre-conceived misconceptions shattered, alas, but
perhaps beaten...
Forum: Piloting May 13th 10, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
On Topic

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk @See My Sig.com wrote:
"Peter Dohm"...
Forum: Piloting May 12th 10, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
On Topic

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
With the quest for efficiency, in recent years, most of the newer
tri-gear designs have...
Forum: Piloting May 12th 10, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
On Topic

wrote in message

Not simulators that actually simulate reality.

I've been in multi million dollar six degree of freedom...
Forum: Piloting May 10th 10, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
On Topic

"birdog" wrote in message
Is it possible to get a pilot topic going here? For all the criticism of
this guy Max--, the simulation pilot...
Forum: Piloting April 24th 10, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Trim settings the same for takeoff and landing?

"a" wrote in message
I think your trimming ideas are in error and told you why, You can
accept that...
Forum: Home Built April 17th 10, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Preceptor Ultra Pup?

Anyone here flown one? I'm sure there is no shortage of opinions...

I'm thinking of a 2 place LSA at the low end of the price range and this
seems to fit. I'd prefer a scaled down "conventional"...
Forum: Piloting April 3rd 10, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Special Issuance of Airman Medical Certificates to Applicants Being Treated with Certain Antidepressant Medications

Under some conditions, you can now get a medical:

http://www.federalregister.gov/OFRUpload/OFRData/2010-07527_PI.pdf

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

"Pintlar" wrote in message
Now I'm looking for the Cessna 100 parts manual.
Again I thank you....
Forum: Piloting February 20th 10, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
"Texas plane crash exposes gap in US air security"

"Texas plane crash demonstarates that light aircraft are **** poor weapons
of mass desctuction"

He managed to only kill one person. How many do the typical suicide bomber
kill? The typical nutcase...
Forum: Soaring December 30th 09, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Simple string used as artificial horizon?

"Bruno" wrote in message
I had a very interesting conversation yesterday with a very
experienced...
Forum: Aerobatics December 24th 09, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.aerobatics
Honiley Aerobatics Competition

"Sasquatch" wrote in message
Hi,

Sorry to intrude but I was wondering if anyone has...
Forum: Aerobatics December 11th 09, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.aerobatics
Dumb question maybe re Stall Turn

"Surreyrider" wrote in message
Need someone to settle an argument. I do not fly, so your...
Forum: Home Built November 6th 09, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Diagnostic questions

"Tony W" wrote in message
... The engine cuts out a low RPM and gets worse as it warms up. By the
time it should be...