LiFePo Refit Part 23 AC by Shaun Wheeler
SLA needs replacement and aircraft is part 23 utility. A LiFePo in the same foot print would be great, I definitely see folks using them and no less than three online stores selling them. So I started looking at AC 20-184 which seems to be the FAA equivalent of trial by ordeal. Okay, I get it....
Today 02:13 PM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
4 30 Soaring
A couple SSA 2020 convention presentations online... by Dave Nadler
First thanks to the volunteers who helped with recording, and thanks to Spence for his work on the first presentation. Sorry I didn't manage a better job with the audio. Anyway, the talks a 1) Bail-Out Aftermath — Lessons Learned. 2) OSTIV: Motor-glider Unreliability: Examples, Systemic...
Today 02:04 PM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
3 34 Soaring
Mike Westbrook Downwind Dash by Tony[_5_]
Mike made a nice flight today from Texas Soaring Association to Port Aransas, TX, around 550km. He put some awesome pictures on Facebook of the wing of his discus out over the Gulf of Mexico! Not too bad of a flight for late February. Beautiful! Nice flight Mike!
Today 12:46 PM
by Tony[_5_] Go to last post
4 26 Soaring
Crazies At The Gliderport by Bob Youngblood
I recently thought that I had seen it all until someone informed me that a guy was taking his dog for a glider ride. Now please understand I love dogs, have a wonderful Yellow Lab and treat her like our kid. Really never thought dogs and planes went well together, but what in the world would any...
by 2G Go to last post
17 70 Soaring
KML to IGC conversion? by Papa3[_2_]
I know there are a lot of threads regarding conversion of .IGC to .KML format, but does anyone know of a tool to go the opposite direction. Obviously, some of the header records etc would need to be "dummied", but I'm only really interested in being able to step through B Records using SeeYou or...
Today 02:51 AM
by Todd Go to last post
3 23 Soaring
If I Was Mayor of Saskatoon (Part One) –By Daryl Kabatoff by Daryl Kabatoff
If I Was Mayor of Saskatoon (Part One) –By Daryl Kabatoff If I was mayor of the City of Saskatoon I’d end of the money grab of the 30 km/hour school zones… The schools should post reduced speeds but with illuminated, blinkin’ and more frequent signage. There should be no fine print on...
Today 01:55 AM
by Daryl Kabatoff Go to last post
0 27 Rotorcraft
If I Was Mayor of Saskatoon (Part Three) –By Daryl Kabatoff by Daryl Kabatoff
If I Was Mayor of Saskatoon (Part Three) –By Daryl Kabatoff All fertility cults are worthy of being mocked, and allowing this mockery to continue is vital to maintaining a free and democratic society. Doukhobors faced brutal persecution in Russia then came to Canada and faced additional...
Today 01:53 AM
by Daryl Kabatoff Go to last post
0 27 Rotorcraft
Uber For The Flying Public? by Larry Dighera
www.avweb.com/aviation-news/business-aviation-news/surf-air-acquires-blackbird/ Surf Air Acquires BlackBird Kate O'ConnorFebruary 25, 20200 Image: Surf Air California-based Surf Air has acquired BlackBird, an online aviation marketplace that pairs passengers with private aircraft owners...
Yesterday 09:29 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 28 Piloting
Cobra trailer tail skids by BobWa43
Has anyone installed the Cobra trailer skids sold by Wings and Wheels? Any info on how to properly place the threaded backing plates is appreciated.
E85 Tost for sale? by Jim S
Anybody have one for sale?
Yesterday 07:40 PM
by Jim S Go to last post