How to Create a CUB Airspace File for your LX Computer by Dave Springford
I have posted a new video to my Fox One Corp YouTube channel showing how to create a CUB airspace file for your LX computer. Check out the video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a83E0tsrpSU If you subscribe to the channel you'll get updates when I post new videos. Dave Springford
Today 06:14 AM
by 2KA Go to last post
3 11 Soaring
XCSkies and Skysight by [email protected]
Up to this point, I've used XCSkies, but I keep hearing more and more about Skysight. I'm trying to determine if I should switch over for the 2020 soaring season. (For U.S. thermal soaring, no ridge/wave.) I've done a trial, but it was only seven days and I didn't really get enough experience with...
Today 06:11 AM
by John Foster Go to last post
3 4 Soaring
Estimating Wind Speed with a GPS by weemacgregor
On Wednesday, 26 April 2000 03:00:00 UTC-4, Tom Seim wrote: I had a nice flight last Saturday in somewhat windy conditions. I have a new Garmin Pilot III that displays a fairly high resolution flight track. I noticed that I could estimate wind speed (and, of course, direction) by watching...
Today 05:05 AM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
4 23 Soaring
Flarm Antenna Extension by MNLou
I'm in a situation where I need to elevate my Flarm antenna above the glare shield to avoid interference directly ahead of the glider(LAK17AT) due to the carbon nose cone. I'm getting a pretty nasty blind spot there. I've seen installations where the Flarm antenna was elevated using a "paint stir...
Record Numbers Flying US Nightly Soaring! by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, We had 33 pilots flying on US Nightly Soaring last night! More and more folks are getting back on Condor and having a great time. See report he https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/03/26/record-numbers-fly-us-nightly-soaring/ If you would like help getting involved on Condor, feel free...
Fly Deliberately. Fly Tasks - Proving Grounds by Patrick (LS6-b EH)
Over the past few years at my gliding club (Cu Nim, Calgary Alberta), we’ve developed an XC development framework that in 2019 spread across Canada. Now we’re looking to share its success to clubs around the world (French and English speaking at this point). The problem is the same for many of...
Yesterday 04:40 PM
by Patrick (LS6-b EH) Go to last post
1 25 Soaring
Wing root bearings hard to align/rotate to correct position. by [email protected]
The wing root bearings on my Ventus are difficult to align and require force to rotate to the right position of parallel to the face of the spar. Tried greasing, but suspect it needs a clean up first. What would you use to clean and free them ? Dan
Scam I think!!! by Geoff Minors
I have my Ogar Motor Glider for sale on W & W. Always interesting the responses I get. This I am pretty sure is a scam! Just like to share so others don't fall into these traps. Have a read and a giggle from Mr.Melvin! Hello, Thanks for the mail..However,I want you to know that the price is okay...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
15 60 Soaring
Standalone artificial horizon by Richard Lancaster[_2_]
Hi all, I’m looking for a reliable, high quality, standalone artificial horizon that fits cleanly in a round hole (I’m not wanting a square barnacle that “fits” into a round hole). Does anyone have any flight experience with either of these: uAvionix...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
25 108 Soaring
2 Attachment(s) Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20 by Paul Agnew
Very sad to read this tragic news this morning. http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2020/05/bellanca-8gcbc-scout-n4116y-fatal.html?m=1 Comments (anonymous) on the webpage indicate kiting may have been a significant factor. Sincere condolences to the family of the tow pilot and to the members of the...
by Larry Ruggiero Go to last post
225 981 Soaring
Corroded main pins? by kinsell
Have a friend looking at a used SZD 48-3 for sale with corroded pins, he's wondering if replacement is feasible. Would pins from a totalled ship be a possibility?
How About Story Time by [email protected]
Maybe this is a good opportunity for some of us to share some stories of our experiences. I'll go first.- During the regional at Harris Hill in 2013 I was flying K21 with grandson Calvin Mampe, Rachel Conklin, and her sister Michelle. All 3 had flown multiple contests with me before, 2 having...
109 1,089 Soaring