Forum: Soaring April 21st 20, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Time for Separate 18m Records?

“13.5m is just historical burden of massively failed class that should have no record category or competition class”

Well thats a slap in the face to all us guys flying them! Stick you ass in...
Forum: Soaring April 21st 20, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Time for Separate 18m Records?

Yep Moshe and that is definitely an accomplishment, wat to go Daniel.
Forum: Soaring April 20th 20, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Time for Separate 18m Records?

If were gonna rei-engineer records, Id rather redo all the records according to L/D. Lets say 3 groups: under 28/1, 29-40, above 40 etc. The wingspan don’t mean much when comparing most ships...
Forum: Soaring April 20th 20, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What two instruments?

The other planes next to me become my vario and maybe aglance or two at airspeed
Forum: Soaring April 19th 20, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soaring Contest and Coronavirus

Real life can not be put on hold indefinitely. Maybe folks who are independantly wealthy or who work for the government can stay on vacation indefinitely. But the vast majority of us need to work and...
Forum: Soaring April 17th 20, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Video on contest safety

Eliminate flarm ID for all contests. Eliminate onboard knowledge of who is who out there and then go fly. If some idiot want to stick directly to my tail all the way around, without my pre...
Forum: Soaring April 16th 20, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Best Flight Of the Day NA

Dan when we had our 180 I found she would three point as easily as other draggers IF I cranked in all of the up-trim available and kept just a smidge of power on. If I didn’t then it definitely was...
Forum: Soaring April 16th 20, 12:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Video on contest safety

Jfitch, good points your sharing. I talk a big game about low saves and taking managed risks, but I in actuality also fly as you do, having a place to set her down at all times when low or...
Forum: Soaring April 15th 20, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Video on contest safety

Jfitch thanks for the post. We have both had this same discussion before. Competition by its very nature is competition. We all do it for various reasons and motivations. If one is looking for...
Forum: Soaring April 15th 20, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Battery switching without tears

Chip how much loss do you experience getting that juice from the tail all the way up to your panel?
Forum: Soaring April 15th 20, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SSA contest decisions

“If you build it....they will come”. Sure may be a small turnout but we have had small contests before, nothing new. If I had a glass ship of any caliber I would attend. I am sure there are...
Forum: Soaring April 15th 20, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Video on contest safety

This is something of an endless discussion which comes up yearly. There isn’t one single good solution. And there is debate on whether there needs to be a solution, is there truly a problem?

Forum: Soaring April 12th 20, 11:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gliding in quarantine video

Just saw that Silent Wings is now on Prime Video free. Its the story of the glider corp of WWII. A great documentary. Check it out.
Dan
Forum: Soaring April 12th 20, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
How About Story Time

Chip
Speaking of N numbers, I picked up a sgs2-22 a few years ago as a restoration project. This particular bird had an interesting history. She went right from the schweizer factory over to the...
Forum: Soaring April 12th 20, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soaring Not Dead Everywhere

Who has that for a contest number? He must be one “slippery” fellow. Does it repell leaches?
Forum: Soaring April 12th 20, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What have we learned from all this?

Dont forget the hippy beads and the lava lamp
Forum: Soaring April 11th 20, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What have we learned from all this?

Tell that to the millions in chinese and russian goulags.
Forum: Soaring April 11th 20, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What have we learned from all this?

Right after he sends Mexico the bill for building
the wall.
He already did when he renegotiated that travesty called nafta. And gee a wall does not sound like too bad of an idea now does it? So...
Forum: Soaring April 11th 20, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What have we learned from all this?

Speaking of china I can’t wait till Trump sends them the bill for OUR expense involving this viral mess thats completely their fault.
Dan
Forum: Soaring April 11th 20, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Best Flight Of the Day NA

Dan u know Patti is always happy when u “get up” but I am sorry you couldn’t quite “connect”......ahem.....cough.., lol
Dan
Forum: Soaring April 11th 20, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soaring Not Dead Everywhere

Ok let me reorient this post back to topic. As of today it looks like alot of clubs and comm ops ARE flying in a limited manner, heres my list:
Central AL Soaring/Birmingham area- solo...
Forum: Soaring April 10th 20, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
What have we learned from all this?

After spreading your 3000 lbs of fertilizer outside, why did you go and turn on cnn, they just filled up your house with more than 3000 lbs of “manure” in less than an hour.
Forum: Soaring April 10th 20, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Best Flight Of the Day NA

Geesh Dan, I have a 95 mile drive to the airport! lolo
Forum: Soaring April 10th 20, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
When grounded glider pilots get bored ...

Brilliant!!! Thanks for posting
Forum: Soaring April 9th 20, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Best Flight Of the Day NA

lolif u said the prize was in the ladies bathroom I might have been interested lol. I just sent u an email regarding another matter check your mailbox