PU finish in wave flying by Eric
Can anyone tell from experience how well a PU finish holds when flying in wave conditions, i.e. low temperatures & strong turbulence? I'm considering to repaint my glider, remove old gelcoat apply T35 as filler polyurethane on top. Can I go wave-flying again with peace of mind? To what extent...
Today 07:50 PM
by Eric Go to last post
4 5 Soaring
Mechanical Vario Needed by [email protected]
Looking for a working mechanical vario for sale. If you have a winter or whatever sitting up in the shelf gathering dust let me know. It is for installation in another 1-26 thats going to the 1-26 Championships this year. Dan
5 30 Soaring
Avionics and moisture by [email protected]
We’ve had a particularly wet winter in the Pacific Northwest this year, and I got a chance to fly my motorglider today for the first time in over a month. Just prior to takeoff I noticed that my LXNAV S7 Vario had a small spot of visible condensation on the interior of the glass. I’ve noticed...
by john firth Go to last post
10 48 Soaring
Best vario for airmass awareness across the speed range by Jim Hogue
Any suggestions? Either currently available or coming in the near future (next year or so) would be ok, I am not in a rush. Prefer it would fit in one 57mm hole. I take care of navigation and tasks with other standalone devices (full on OpenVario with its own vario/STF sensor board, and a Kobo...
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
49 158 Soaring
Which Cyclo Polisher Use? by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
I recently bought a used Cyclo polisher. I borrowed one last year and loved the results. The polisher came with the following foam pads; white, blue, green, orange and yellow pads (least to most aggressive). I used the least aggressive white pads last year and it seemed to do very well to put a...
2 30 Soaring
Butterfly vario group forming (aka Air Glide Display S) by Eric Greenwell[_4_]
A new group devoted to sharing knowledge about using the Butterfly vario and optimizing it's settings has just started. You can ask to join he https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/butterfly-vario---air-glide-display-s We aren't picky about members: you just need an interest in the vario,...
Today 05:34 AM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
0 13 Soaring
Flight experience by jp
I've searched the FAA Legal Interpretation website for an answer but haven't found one I understand. My question is: Can any of the flight experiences that were used to qualify for a private pilot certificate be subsequently used in part or whole to satisfy the flight experience requirements for...
by Piet Barber Go to last post