Add flying Utah to your soaring bucket list by [email protected]
We have had some really fun flights in Utah already this year. Here are a few videos sharing some of the adventure experienced in the last 9 months in Utah: Nephi to the Grand Canyon and Back: https://youtu.be/8GRpxGvhFSQ Soaring the southern part of the Wasatch Mountains in the...
2 54 Soaring
ASW19/20 Canopy strut by [email protected]
My strut is finally flat. Time to change it. Would like to buy the parts now, have them on hand and avoid being down for an extended period of time. Who knows the dimensions/newton/etc? McMaster part numbers? Or someplace else you'd recommend buying from. Thanks!
1 9 Soaring
Dittel FSG60M radio issue... by ZP
I have an interesting radio problem hopefully one of you have solved... My transmitted audio signal is clipping. It 'breaks up' intermittently during the transmit cycle. After many hours of checking everything, I found an interesting correlation. When the radio squelch circuit is turned off...
Today 12:01 AM
by ZP Go to last post
5 71 Soaring
Huge fire 🔥 near Parawon, UT by Sean Fidler
http://fox13now.com/2017/06/25/brian-head-fire-reaches-42800-acres-still-8-contained/
Yesterday 09:50 PM
by Mike the Strike Go to last post
4 35 Soaring
New House Thermal by [email protected]
The Treasure Coast Soaring Club will soon have a new house thermal. Florida Power And Light is in the process of building a 400 acre solar power plant within 3/4 mile from our airport. Heat from this type of farm should make for a great house thermal. Anyone out there with experience flying over...
by Paul Agnew Go to last post
37 94 Soaring
rucsoundings.noaa.gov - outage til 2230z June 28th by WaltWX[_2_]
If any of you have been trying to get Skew-T soundings from rucsoundings.noaa.gov. NOAA has a power outage in the building that houses the server lasting til Wed 06-28-2017. These servers are NOT OPERATIONAL and outages of this kind occur from time to time. Walt Rogers WX
Yesterday 07:55 PM
by Scott Williams Go to last post
1 15 Soaring
Club Class Nationals live on Facebook by Sean Franke
Wings & Wheels has been posting live on Facebook each daily pilots briefing. The next briefing is 10 am Central time today. Go to https://www.facebook.com/wingsandwheels.aviation/ Sean Franke
Yesterday 07:01 PM
by John Cochrane[_3_] Go to last post
8 42 Soaring
Flying a Spitfire by [email protected]
News article found today: http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-40426747/luftwaffe-ace-flies-in-spitfire Ray
0 16 Soaring
Letter to the FAA by Walt Connelly
Before I send my letter to the FAA I'd like to ask if anyone has ever attempted to get them to see the light and end the use of Schweizer hooks on tow planes here in the land of the free and the home of the brave. It is a well known fact and clearly stated in the SSA/SSF and FAA circulars and...
by Dave White[_2_] Go to last post
174 1,444 Soaring
Using ILEC SN10 with TopHat by Dave Nadler
Folks have asked me to provide a few details on adding a TopHat moving map to their SN10 installations. I've been flying with this setup a couple seasons in the ArcusM (260 hours and 7 contests) - works great! See: http://www.nadler.com/sn10/SN10_Resource_Index.html
Yesterday 03:09 PM
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
0 12 Soaring
For Sale: 1980 Piper Pawnee 260 by Ross[_3_]
Obviously too expensive but I am only advertising on behalf. Open to serious offers Can organise shipping worldwide
Yesterday 02:33 PM
by Ross[_3_] Go to last post
0 13 Soaring
Libelle by Ross[_3_]
So this is a bit of a strange story. Up for sale last week on Ebay was this old lady: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-Libelle-Glasflugel-Glider-First-Registered-in-1976-/252990052032?hash=item3ae761d6c0:g:ztMAAOSwCkZZQCZX&vxp=mtr And less than a week later, without even changing pictures or...
Yesterday 02:03 PM
by Ross[_3_] Go to last post