Search: Posts made by: Ross[_3_]
Forum: Soaring November 15th 19, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: 302 & 303

Selling a 302 and 303 that have had the date issue corrected
302 is in knots
$800 including postage
Forum: Soaring November 8th 19, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS Dittel FSG2T radios fresh from overhaul

I still have a couple of these if anyone is interested
Forum: Soaring October 3rd 19, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
LS8-18T hydraulic operation

Yes, that is correct.
Mine was 2002/2003 and had no accumulator. Depending where in the world you are you will have some difficulties getting it certified.
If you are US based then it will probably...
Forum: Soaring October 1st 19, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
LS8-18T hydraulic operation

Depends which version you have.
I had one of the first prototypes in mine.
Was a hydraulic pump, no electrics needed, and also no accumulator
The second version has one.
Forum: Soaring October 1st 19, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Older varios?

What Tango Whisky said!
Forum: Soaring September 28th 19, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
LS6 tail turbulators

Your previous one had it there because I put it there and I think I can still find the spreadsheet from LS with what is required
You won’t fall out of the sky without it so don’t panic too much ;)
Forum: Soaring September 21st 19, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Looking for 57 mm instruments

I have an ASI in knots here
I will be in Alabama in a week and can bring it with me if you like
Forum: Soaring September 17th 19, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Discus a price reduced

10 years in a trailer reminds me of a Discus 2a I bought
Hadn’t been out for 7
Was mouldy on the outer surfaces which did come up ok after a serious clean, sand and polish
The upholstery was rotten...
Forum: Soaring September 8th 19, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Wanted to buy, Dittel radio wiring harness

I probably have a dynamic mic in the workshop that would match it well.
Let me know if you have no success.
If it happens to be the radio I can also assist with a replacement or repair
Forum: Soaring September 8th 19, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Wanted to buy, Dittel radio wiring harness

What Dittel radio do you have and what are the issues you are having?
Forum: Soaring August 30th 19, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
3-rd European Junior Gliding Championships, Leszno, 1995

One of the most awesome comps I have been to. Crewed for Frank Hahn who won the club class
Ralf was looking a little younger then as was Derren Francis and Mac
Forum: Soaring August 27th 19, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Tow plane types/mods for high density altitude glider towing

I believe it was also used for at least one outlanding from a very small flat area in a river bed. The chopper didn't need a ground roll, and the glider didn't need much of one.

No, the Swiss team...
Forum: Soaring August 26th 19, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Tow plane types/mods for high density altitude glider towing

Best tow plane ( well helicopter) was a Hughes 500 D at the Warbirds airshow in NZ and the opening of the world gliding champs.
Take-off roll was about 60m and it went up at 1600ft per min.
The...
Forum: Soaring July 31st 19, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Altimeter in Millibars Wanted

Buy an ACD from Air Avionics.
It is a TSO approved digital altimeter and at the press of a button you can change from feet to meters and back.
It is also clever enough to be used as a head unit for a...
Forum: Soaring July 23rd 19, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
what is that noise?

Sounds like the wings are about to come off.

Kidding, I would be looking for signs of rubbing anywhere. Canopy is always a good place to start as they expand and contract the most.
Spars are a...
Forum: Soaring July 22nd 19, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Wanted urgently: A DAR-T that is prepared to help

Hi John,
ok, here come all your answers :)

1) What model glider is it? Why is it not airworthy? Where is it currently located? Where are you located?
It is an LS8T. One of several that were...
Forum: Soaring July 19th 19, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Wanted urgently: A DAR-T that is prepared to help

Thanks Frank
I have called several of them and currently none are willing to help out.
I am not giving up easily but I need someone that can help
Forum: Soaring July 19th 19, 11:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Wanted urgently: A DAR-T that is prepared to help

I have purchased a sailplane in the US and am struggling with German authorities to get it certified due to their requirements.
The aircraft in question hasn't flown for 8 years and is not airworthy...
Forum: Soaring July 17th 19, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS Dittel FSG2T radios fresh from overhaul

Shipping is, as Jim stated, included in the price.
If someone wants 2 or 3 then the price will come down a little accordingly
I am posting from Europe, and had them overhauled at the authorized...
Forum: Soaring July 16th 19, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS Dittel FSG2T radios fresh from overhaul

In Germany at the authorized supplier
Should you need more info please contact me directly
Forum: Soaring July 16th 19, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS Dittel FSG2T radios fresh from overhaul

We have a few Dittel FSG2T radios that have just been overhauled and are in as close to new condition as you will get
Come with paperwork
Connector or harness can be made depending on what is...
Forum: Soaring May 11th 19, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Dittel FSG50 squelch

Nick,
Please contact me at HCDswiss at gmail
I can help you with the 2t
Forum: Soaring May 8th 19, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Spring Cleaning... Radios and varios and stuff...

Sage CVA Vario
Cambridge 302 + 303
4 Dittel FSG71m SOLD
1 ATR500 SOLD
1 ATR600
1 ATR600 with remote SOLD
1 Winter 57mm ASI in knots (coded for an LS8) SOLD
1 80mm Altimeter in feet...
Forum: Soaring April 30th 19, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Spring Cleaning... Radios and varios and stuff...

I don't seem to be having any luck.
Can you either reply to an ad on Glidersource or if that doesn't work try
r.drake (at) inbox dot com