Are air filters necessary on Pitot, static or TE lines? by Pete[_9_]
Hey all, I have noticed some gliders have what look like small fuel filters spliced into the tubing prior to avionics. I imagine this is a safeguard to dust, etc entering the avionics. Seems to make sense eventually what's outside is going to get inside.... However, is this necessary? I see a lot...
by krasw Go to last post
10 34 Soaring
Ontario tailwheel instructor - rec permit by Clare Snyder
I am looking for a flight instructor close to the KW Guelph Cambridger area willing and qualified to train me to Rec Permit on tailwheel plane.
Today 06:01 AM
by Clare Snyder Go to last post
0 1 Piloting
Space Soaring by CindyB[_2_]
I have it on pretty good authority that Mojave is the place to be tomorrow, if you want to see a really big glider go really, really high..... N202VG. The fellow who pays the bills was hosting dinner in the same cafe where I was served tonight. Pretty cool, since I got to watch the first three...
Today 05:34 AM
by CindyB[_2_] Go to last post
0 1 Soaring
FS: DG-200 by [email protected]
Well equipped DG-200 for sale. Price reduced. Even more of a discount for junior or club buyer. https://wingsandwheels.com/class/classified.php?id=2957 Glider at Warner Springs , CA. Steve
LXNAV 8000 OAT Incorrect by Deming Gray
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am new to soaring and have acquired a glider with an LXNAV 8000 already installed. I noticed yesterday that the outside temperature (OAT) is incorrect by about 20 degrees F. I placed the probe in a bath of ice water and it read 50 degrees F and responded...
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
22 94 Soaring
LXNav screens (LX9000, LX9070, etc) and polarised sunglasses by [email protected]
Good evening all, Has anyone experienced any problems with polarised sunglasses and LXNav PNA's? If so, could you kindly advise: - The model number - The installed orientation, and - What plane was the screen polarised in, horizontal or vertical? Many thanks! CJ
Today 02:57 AM
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
4 19 Soaring
Smart Phone Software by John Foster
What have you guys found to be the best "flight computer" app for a smart phone or tablet? Ive tried using iGlide for the iPhone (basic version), but it doesn't seem to have the functionality of a true flight computer where you can input a task, turn points, etc. Do I just need to upgrade to the...
Yesterday 11:23 PM
by Thomas Van de Velde Go to last post
8 27 Soaring
New Concept for Sailplane "racing" by Steve Leonard[_2_]
https://www.fai.org/news/new-contest-concept-sailplanes-electric-power?fbclid=IwAR1mW0o-A_Of5VwgpQ-dImjBxJcnwfARnhF0ErFSWfolyhLble-enOfPP9U Camera on, drops newspaper on porch and runs.... Steve Leonard
by Emir Sherbi Go to last post
11 54 Soaring
Dead ZAON PCAS MRX by Evan Dosik
My PCAS MRX went TU a few weeks ago. Since ZAON has been out of business since mid 2013, does anyone have a resource for getting it repaired? Thanks, Evan, LS1-f
by Ron Gleason Go to last post
12 75 Soaring
It's winter .... by AS
..... and contrary to some other recent video suggestions, this one is actually soaring related! :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrnis7-hvJE Uli 'AS'
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
18 79 Soaring
SSA Competition Rules Committee Meeting Minutes Now Available by Andy Blackburn[_3_]
Minutes from the SSA Competition Rules Committee Meeting are now posted on the SSA website: https://www.ssa.org/files/member/2018%20RC%20Meeting%20Minutes%20-%20Final%2012-07-18.pdf There are many detailed items in the minutes. For clarity of communication, the introduction to the most...
by John Godfrey (QT)[_2_] Go to last post